Paul O.

Default Keeperpro for Windows

Have any of you heard of, or are using this program for keeping info on your
tool collections or other collections? Saw it on ebay this morning and
downloaded a demo but haven't had a chance to fool with it much.

--
Paul O.

Eugene

Paul O. wrote:

Have any of you heard of, or are using this program for keeping info on
your tool collections or other collections? Saw it on ebay this morning
and downloaded a demo but haven't had a chance to fool with it much.

Wouldn't it be just as easy to keep it in a spreadsheet?
I have a spreadsheet with the make, model, serial number, date purchased,
hyperlink to the manual, and a link to the scanned receipt. I organize the
spreadsheets by location such as workbench or toolbox, for example one
sheet the plastic wheeled one that holds all my cordless stuff and their
batteries and chargers.

Paul O.

"Eugene" wrote in message
Paul O. wrote:

Have any of you heard of, or are using this program for keeping info on
your tool collections or other collections? Saw it on ebay this morning
and downloaded a demo but haven't had a chance to fool with it much.

Wouldn't it be just as easy to keep it in a spreadsheet?
I have a spreadsheet with the make, model, serial number, date purchased,
hyperlink to the manual, and a link to the scanned receipt. I organize

the
spreadsheets by location such as workbench or toolbox, for example one
sheet the plastic wheeled one that holds all my cordless stuff and their
batteries and chargers.

That would work, but I don't have a spreadsheet. This program downloads
photos and you can import the full page w/photos from ebay of the item you
bought. Price paid, shipping and total cost supposedly goes in
automatically. Anyway, I gotta play more with the demo.
--
Paul O.

Eugene

Paul O. wrote:

"Eugene" wrote in message
Paul O. wrote:

[...]

What if you didn't buy the tool from ebay? I've bought plenty from ebay,
but also from Sears, Lowes, Home depot, etc.
www.openoffice.org, nice spreadsheet, word processor, etc all for free.
B a r r y

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 17:55:03 +0000, Eugene
wrote:

www.openoffice.org, nice spreadsheet, word processor, etc all for free.

Many spreadsheets will now accept a photo in a cell.

It's amazing what can be done with "the killer app!"

Barry

Leon

If you are using a relative late version of Windows, you may have a spread
sheet program in Microsoft Works.

Eugene

Leon wrote:

If you are using a relative late version of Windows, you may have a spread
sheet program in Microsoft Works.

Microsoft Works isn't a part of any version of Windows so it won't matter
how late of a version of windows he's running.

Leon

"Eugene" wrote in message
Leon wrote:

If you are using a relative late version of Windows, you may have a

spread
sheet program in Microsoft Works.

Microsoft Works isn't a part of any version of Windows so it won't matter
how late of a version of windows he's running.

This is true except Many major computer builders offer the Works package for
no extra charge. In the early 3.1 years this was not normally included.
However my Compaq with 95 and Dell with 98 and 2 Dells with XP all included
Works for no extra charge.

xrongor

"Paul O." wrote in message
. com...

"Eugene" wrote in message
Paul O. wrote:

[...]

seems absolutely pointless to me. time would be better spent using the
tools instead of looking at pictures... what you paid for them in the past
has nothing to do with what they are worth to someone else, right now
(despite what some people seem to think) so thats useless information. at
best you will dwell on the ones you paid too much for.

it just seems silly.

randy

Charlie Self

xrongor writes:

That would work, but I don't have a spreadsheet. This program downloads
photos and you can import the full page w/photos from ebay of the item you
bought. Price paid, shipping and total cost supposedly goes in
automatically. Anyway, I gotta play more with the demo.

seems absolutely pointless to me. time would be better spent using the
tools instead of looking at pictures... what you paid for them in the past
has nothing to do with what they are worth to someone else, right now
(despite what some people seem to think) so thats useless information. at
best you will dwell on the ones you paid too much for.

OK. Tell that to your insurance adjuster after a fire or theft.

Charlie Self
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or
not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

Neal

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
xrongor writes:

That would work, but I don't have a spreadsheet. This program downloads
photos and you can import the full page w/photos from ebay of the item you
bought. Price paid, shipping and total cost supposedly goes in
automatically. Anyway, I gotta play more with the demo.

seems absolutely pointless to me. time would be better spent using the
tools instead of looking at pictures... what you paid for them in the past
has nothing to do with what they are worth to someone else, right now
(despite what some people seem to think) so thats useless information. at
best you will dwell on the ones you paid too much for.

OK. Tell that to your insurance adjuster after a fire or theft.

Charlie Self
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or
not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

PC Mag has a nice (free) program to track inventories called Thinginventory. You
can attach a photo and a replacement cost to each item. Good for insurance
purposes.

Neal

xrongor

xrongor writes:

That would work, but I don't have a spreadsheet. This program downloads
photos and you can import the full page w/photos from ebay of the item

you
bought. Price paid, shipping and total cost supposedly goes in
automatically. Anyway, I gotta play more with the demo.

seems absolutely pointless to me. time would be better spent using the
tools instead of looking at pictures... what you paid for them in the

past
has nothing to do with what they are worth to someone else, right now
(despite what some people seem to think) so thats useless information.

at
best you will dwell on the ones you paid too much for.

OK. Tell that to your insurance adjuster after a fire or theft.

i video tape my stuff and talk into the mike as i tape it. granted im not
up to the minute but who ever would be.

but i see your point. and it didnt sound like the op had that in mind.

randy