David A. Kraft

Default bookcase with rolling ladder

Anyone know where I can purchase such a unit?

I had seen it at IKEA years ago, but I dont think it is available anymore.
JLucas ILS

If you are talking about the lirary ladders, they can be purchased from Rockler
for aout $1100....that's right. I have been searching for the hardware to make
my own and after extensive googling, I cant find the pieces that make it work.
Greg Millen

John,

I recall a website that had them as a project. I still have a printout of it
somewhere (?)... IIRC, it had links to the hardware. I'll do some research
for you.

cheers,

Greg

"JLucas ILS" wrote in message
If you are talking about the lirary ladders, they can be purchased from

Rockler
for aout $1100....that's right. I have been searching for the hardware to

make
my own and after extensive googling, I cant find the pieces that make it

work.

Unisaw A100

Putnum Rolling Lader, Alaco Ladder Company or Rocklers.

UA100

B a r r y

On 4 Jul 2004 02:34:06 -0700, (David A. Kraft) wrote:

Anyone know where I can purchase such a unit?

http://www.putnamrollingladder.com/

These guys make commercial quality rolling ladders for libraries,
etc.. Some of them are BEAUTIFUL!

Phone companies have 75 year old oak rolling ladders these folks made
that still look good, even with daily abuse.

Barry
Greg Millen

John,

it took some searching, but this link allows you to buy "spare parts":

http://www.lynnladder.com/lynlad/lynlad103.htm

--
Greg

"JLucas ILS" wrote in message
If you are talking about the lirary ladders, they can be purchased from

Rockler
for aout $1100....that's right. I have been searching for the hardware to

make
my own and after extensive googling, I cant find the pieces that make it

work.

John

You can find a rolling library ladder at Rockler, probably other
sources as well. Useable with just about ANY bookcase(s)

My choice would be to build the bookcases on a custom basis and add
the Rockler rolling library ladder

John

On 4 Jul 2004 02:34:06 -0700, (David A. Kraft) wrote:

Anyone know where I can purchase such a unit?

I had seen it at IKEA years ago, but I dont think it is available anymore.

GQ

On 7/4/04 5:34 AM, David A. Kraft wrote:

Anyone know where I can purchase such a unit?

I had seen it at IKEA years ago, but I dont think it is available anymore.

Not sure where you are located or if you are looking to purchase an
entire unit or just the ladder. There is a company called Neoset which
makes modular funiture similar to IKEA stuff (but slightly better IMHO).

They sell a library wall unit which has a rolling ladder. I saw it in a
store here in Toronto and it looks very nice. Here's a link:

http://www.neosetgroup.ro/products.php?scid=4&start=1#

One of the pictures in the bottoom row shows the unit with the ladder.

You have different options regarding the colour and finishes.

Not sure if this is good for you, but just FYI.