Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Help

Hi, I have a Craftsman All-in-One router Model 183.172520. I'm in need
of a part. Anyone know where I can find a compete parts break down? The
one on Sears Parts Direct is only a partial break down and doesn't show
all of the electrical parts one of which is what I'm in need of.
Thanks, Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/6/2011 3:38 PM, James wrote:
Hi, I have a Craftsman All-in-One router Model 183.172520. I'm in need
of a part. Anyone know where I can find a compete parts break down? The
one on Sears Parts Direct is only a partial break down and doesn't show
all of the electrical parts one of which is what I'm in need of.
Thanks, Jim

I hate to see you ignored. I can't help you with a parts breakdown, but
about the only electrical parts that are replaceable would be brushes,
armature, field winding. Usually if you need either an armature or
field, it is not cost effective to repair. Brushes and brush holders
should be available.

I am leaving out the switch which should be available or can be replaced
with something similar which might require some unique mounting.
Posted to rec.woodworking

DanG wrote:

On 10/6/2011 3:38 PM, James wrote:
Hi, I have a Craftsman All-in-One router Model 183.172520. I'm in
need of a part. Anyone know where I can find a compete parts break
down? The one on Sears Parts Direct is only a partial break down
and doesn't show all of the electrical parts one of which is what
I'm in need of. Thanks, Jim

I hate to see you ignored. I can't help you with a parts breakdown,
but about the only electrical parts that are replaceable would be
brushes, armature, field winding. Usually if you need either an
armature or field, it is not cost effective to repair. Brushes and
brush holders should be available.

I am leaving out the switch which should be available or can be
replaced with something similar which might require some unique
mounting.

Actually the part I need is a Diode I believe which is listed in the
parts list but there are several listed and I need to see it in a
picture to be sure I'm getting the right one. Jim