Posted to rec.woodworking

Default My next home/kitchen design setup?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oALIuVb0NJ4

Taking SketchUp to a whole new level. LOL

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/31/2011 8:49 AM, Swingman wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oALIuVb0NJ4

Taking SketchUp to a whole new level. LOL

Wow! and all you need is four difernet display devices. I wonder if
larger projects, like a hi-rise, you would need to book a drive in
theater? ;~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/31/2011 9:31 AM, Leon wrote:
On 8/31/2011 8:49 AM, Swingman wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oALIuVb0NJ4

Taking SketchUp to a whole new level. LOL

Wow! and all you need is four difernet display devices. I wonder if
larger projects, like a hi-rise, you would need to book a drive in
theater? ;~)

With eInk and nanotechnology, that could be folded up and put in your
pocket!

In not too many more years there will be no need to go onsite at all ...
all subcontractors will be robots that you control from your office screen.

Can you believe that, in the not that distant past, the carpenters union
specified the weight and length of handle that your hammer must have
when framing a house!

If a union goon showed up on site and your handle was too long, you had
to cut it to the union approved length at once, or be fined, or fired,
or both.

How times change ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 31, 9:49*am, Swingman wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oALIuVb0NJ4

Taking SketchUp to a whole new level. LOL

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlC@ (the obvious)

We will need to be vigilant that BILL doesn't become HAL.
JoeG
( Kubrick's 2001 computer)

Posted to rec.woodworking

more of the same

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE50vaI1ZeI

------------------------
"Swingman" wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oALIuVb0NJ4

Taking SketchUp to a whole new level. LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 08:49:24 -0500, Swingman wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oALIuVb0NJ4

Taking SketchUp to a whole new level. LOL

Holy ****te, Maynard! (still laughing)

Do they use $60k worth of hardware and software to figure out which
new door handles to select and use? How many weeks worth of input did
that take, and what's the cost to the customer? thud

--
Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power.
-- Seneca
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/31/2011 5:24 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 08:49:24 -0500, wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oALIuVb0NJ4

Taking SketchUp to a whole new level. LOL

Holy ****te, Maynard! (still laughing)

Do they use $60k worth of hardware and software to figure out which
new door handles to select and use?

AAMOF, I routinely do that now ... and yep, with SU (just a bit shy of
$60k).

Just went through the exercise last week with drawer pulls on a client's
desk project.

She gave me the online link of the drawer pulls, I modeled them,
embedded them in the desk model, emailed her an exported jpg, and the
day after that the drawer pulls were in hand and installed, via FedEx
direct to the shop:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...gShopProjects#

All without a single face to face or phone conversation.

How many weeks worth of input did
that take, and what's the cost to the customer?thud

Notice no woman was involved in the selection ... there better be
automatic undo/redo.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 19:25:25 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 8/31/2011 5:24 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 08:49:24 -0500, wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oALIuVb0NJ4

Taking SketchUp to a whole new level. LOL

Holy ****te, Maynard! (still laughing)

Do they use $60k worth of hardware and software to figure out which
new door handles to select and use?

AAMOF, I routinely do that now ... and yep, with SU (just a bit shy of
$60k).

$58.5k less, eh? ($1k comp, $500 SU)

Just went through the exercise last week with drawer pulls on a client's
desk project.

She gave me the online link of the drawer pulls, I modeled them,
embedded them in the desk model, emailed her an exported jpg, and the
day after that the drawer pulls were in hand and installed, via FedEx

Fun!

direct to the shop:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...gShopProjects#

OK, what's the shelf under the corner for? Smut cam?

All without a single face to face or phone conversation.

Cool! It sure beats the old ways, with weeks of delays.

How many weeks worth of input did
that take, and what's the cost to the customer?thud

Notice no woman was involved in the selection ... there better be
automatic undo/redo.

bseg

--
Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power.
-- Seneca
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/31/2011 7:32 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

OK, what's the shelf under the corner for? Smut cam?

LOL ... I don't color them, use them, or ask personal questions ... I
just build to spec.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 19:43:22 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 8/31/2011 7:32 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

OK, what's the shelf under the corner for? Smut cam?

LOL ... I don't color them, use them, or ask personal questions ... I
just build to spec.

g OBTW, was that a whitewashed pine?