DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   O/T: A Prognostication (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/326839-o-t-prognostication.html)

Robatoy[_3_] August 1st 11 03:29 PM

A Prognostication

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Jack Stein wrote:

If it DID happen we right-wingers could sustain the coup because we
have most of the guns.

We don't have nearly as many guns as the government. In fact, if it
were up to the left, only the government would have guns, thus, would
be rather easy for the government to rule with an iron fist (the left
motto) whenever it chooses. To do this, the US would need to undergo
a fundamental change from right leaning to far left. This has been
going on for around 100 years and in the last few, has rapidly picked
up pace, and our current regime actually campaigned on it.

But the government would lack enough people to actually FIRE all the guns
they have warehoused.

Today's military is not composed of automatons or cannon-fodder. Today's
general is well aware that the corporal running the radio is as much an
expert at his job as the general is at his.

The American soldier will NEVER fire on American civilians, no matter who
gives the order (unless, of course, those civilians are rioting hippies).

You're not including the National Guard then. (Kent State)

Doug Winterburn August 1st 11 03:36 PM

A Prognostication

On 8/1/2011 7:17 AM, Doug Miller wrote:
In articleZ8ednUimN7kYBKvTnZ2dnUVZ_rudnZ2d@earthlink .com, wrote:
k-nuttle wrote:

You are right a budget is a plan where you have considered all
possibilities with plans for excesses and deficiencies. The reserve
is part of the budget and absorbs the excess and can proved funds to
cover the deficiencies

About the only entities that try to operate with out a budget is the
US government and some states. I believe all of the states with
budget problems do not have the balance budget requirement. All
successful companies work to a budget, and as private entities, must
manage their excess and deficient revenues.

Forty-nine states require a balanced budget. How they get there is
interesting:

* One way is to determine the state's spending requirements then adjust
revenue (i.e., raise taxes) to meet the requirements.

* The opposite (my state) is to calculate how much revenue is expected, then
adjust projected spending to match.

Then there's the approach used by a "balanced budget" amendment introduced in
Congress in, IIRC, the early 1980s: it would have required the President to
submit to Congress an estimate of revenue during the coming fiscal year, and a
spending budget that did not exceed the revenue estimate -- but nothing
required the estimate to be in any way realistic.

A better way, IMHO, would be to require that expenditures in any calendar year
not exceed revenues received during the immediately previous calendar year. No
estimating, no fudging, just the hard numbers. There would, of course, need to
be some means of suspending this requirement during wartime or national
emergency.

An interesting phenomenon is what happens toward the end of a budget
year. If spending is below what was budgeted, a spending frenzy occurs
to make sure all budgeted money is spent so next years budget wont be cut.

Then there's federal baseline budgeting where a flat budget includes an
8% increase every year. Any increase less than this amount is
considered a cut.

k-nuttle August 1st 11 04:04 PM

A Prognostication

wrote:
k-nuttle wrote:

[...]

I beleive that was a social democrat invention. I would like to see
spending based on the revenues based on the previous years revenue.
This make good budgeting sense

Han August 1st 11 04:37 PM

A Prognostication

(Doug Miller) wrote in
:

A better way, IMHO, would be to require that expenditures in any
calendar year not exceed revenues received during the immediately
previous calendar year. No estimating, no fudging, just the hard
numbers.

That would be fine with this flaming liberal who is also a fiscal
conservative ... Good definition of national emergency is needed too, and
it has to be a true national emergency. Something as bad as Katrina was
NOT (IMNSHO) national in scope. A emergency fund for such natural
disasters needs to be established as well, but it needs to be a fund that
cannot be totally depleted and yearly adjustments to contributions to that
fund need to be made. Etc, etc, etc.

Also, "earmarks" cannot exceed $5/constituent.

--
Best regards
Han

Doug Miller[_2_] August 1st 11 04:38 PM

A Prognostication

In article m, Doug Winterburn wrote:

An interesting phenomenon is what happens toward the end of a budget
year. If spending is below what was budgeted, a spending frenzy occurs
to make sure all budgeted money is spent so next years budget wont be cut.

I spent 13 years as a civilian employee of the Navy; the last eight or nine of
those years, I was the sysadmin for the mainframe that ran the procurement
system at our facility. I'm well familiar with that phenomenon. We'd typically
see transaction rates in September of about double the average for the other
11 months.

Then there's federal baseline budgeting where a flat budget includes an
8% increase every year. Any increase less than this amount is
considered a cut.

Only in Washington can an increase be called a cut. Try that one with SWMBO if
she asks you to spend less on tools next year: "Well, honey, I spent $2000
this year and I planned to spend $3000 next year, but I'm only gonna spend
$2500 instead, so I'm really spending five hundred dollars less." See how far
that flies. :-b

Han August 1st 11 04:41 PM

A Prognostication

Doug Winterburn wrote in
eb.com:

Not inflation adjusted, just the actual debt numbers. The annual
increases in debt since the Eisenhower administration indicate that
spending has outpaced revenue for over 50 years - in other words
deficit spending for all that time. There hasn't been a surplus or
balanced budget in over half a century, no matter what the media and
liberals claim.

Glancing at the last numbers, it seems that until 2007 there wasn't too
much of an increase if you guess a bit at inflation. But then, no
inflation to speak of and 10+ % yearly increases in debt ...

See, you can easily twist statistics your way or mine ...

--
Best regards
Han

Han August 1st 11 04:59 PM

A Prognostication

(Doug Miller) wrote in
:

I spent 13 years as a civilian employee of the Navy; the last eight or
nine of those years, I was the sysadmin for the mainframe that ran the
procurement system at our facility. I'm well familiar with that
phenomenon. We'd typically see transaction rates in September of about
double the average for the other 11 months.

The salesman for Fisher Scientific explained this to us (rookie research
technicians at a Harvard lab) as follows.
You really use the money 3 times: Once because you didn't get what you
could have, second because next year's budget will get cut by that amount,
and third because now you have that much less to use (or some such thing).

--
Best regards
Han

Larry Blanchard August 1st 11 05:15 PM

A Prognostication

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 07:24:24 -0700, Doug Winterburn wrote:

Not inflation adjusted, just the actual debt numbers.

When adjusted for inflation, the $257 billion debt in 1950 is the same as
2.3 trillion in 2010. So while the debt has definitely increased over
time, 5.6 trillion vs 2.3 trillion is a lot less grotesque than the
unadjusted numbers imply. And reflects reality, not a political position.

The annual
increases in debt since the Eisenhower administration indicate that
spending has outpaced revenue for over 50 years - in other words deficit
spending for all that time. There hasn't been a surplus or balanced
budget in over half a century, no matter what the media and liberals
claim.

That's just plain wrong. There have been several times when there was no
deficit. Once again you're using unadjusted numbers to make a political
point. I suggest you look at the following report from the OMB showing
adjusted figures:

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/fy09/pdf/hist.pdf

Finally, there is a rather lengthy discussion, well footnoted, of the US
budget and deficits at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...federal_budget

that not only describes the problems, but analyzes some of the proposed
solutions. But it's not light reading.

Larry Blanchard August 1st 11 05:21 PM

A Prognostication

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 00:37:35 +0000, Doug Miller wrote:

After people learned what it was about, support for it dropped a bit.

Agreed. But some of what they "learned" about it was totally false like
the "death squads" and such.

It's not hard for a determined propagandist to put across whatever
"facts" he wants. Remember that Bush had over 50% of the people
convinced that Iraq was responsible for 9/11. And he did it without
actually saying so, just by implying it.

J. Clarke[_2_] August 1st 11 05:35 PM

A Prognostication

In article , says...

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 09:27:51 -0400, Jack Stein wrote:

Their salaries are no biggie, throw in all the perks and you get a
little bigger.

One of the perks which you may or may not have included is the large
staffs of reps and sens. Something over 15,000 in total. Their salaries
and benefits add up to quite a bit.

I wonder if a senator with 34 staff members ever actually reads a bill
before he or she signs it?

For more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congressional_staff

Another Amendment I'd love to see: Every congressman must recite a bill
verbatim without error before he is allowed to vote in favor of it.

Matt[_10_] August 2nd 11 12:01 AM

A Prognostication

On 8/1/2011 9:35 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
In , says...

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 09:27:51 -0400, Jack Stein wrote:

Their salaries are no biggie, throw in all the perks and you get a
little bigger.

One of the perks which you may or may not have included is the large
staffs of reps and sens. Something over 15,000 in total. Their salaries
and benefits add up to quite a bit.

I wonder if a senator with 34 staff members ever actually reads a bill
before he or she signs it?

For more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congressional_staff

Another Amendment I'd love to see: Every congressman must recite a bill
verbatim without error before he is allowed to vote in favor of it.

Unfortunately, being able to recite it and being able to understand it
are two different things...

Doug Winterburn August 2nd 11 12:14 AM

A Prognostication

On 8/1/2011 9:15 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 07:24:24 -0700, Doug Winterburn wrote:

Not inflation adjusted, just the actual debt numbers.

When adjusted for inflation, the $257 billion debt in 1950 is the same as
2.3 trillion in 2010. So while the debt has definitely increased over
time, 5.6 trillion vs 2.3 trillion is a lot less grotesque than the
unadjusted numbers imply. And reflects reality, not a political position.

Where are you coming up with these current debt numbers? You appear to
about $10 trillion short.

[...]

Any reading considering the basic definitions of deficit, surplus and
debt will tell you that since debt has increased each and every year
since the fifties, there have been no surpluses, only deficits.

The differences are entirely attributable to what is called
intragovernmental debt, that is the debt the government incurs as a
result of transferring all federal trust fund surpluses to the general
fund and placing the debt instrument into those trust funds in return.
Those surpluses are counted as revenues for the fiscal year, but the
debt instrument is not counted as an expense for that fiscal year -
however it is added to the debt.

When the holder of debt wants his cash, there is no difference in
intragovernmental debt versus regular debt.

Larry Blanchard August 2nd 11 01:15 AM

A Prognostication

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 16:14:11 -0700, Doug Winterburn wrote:

On 8/1/2011 9:15 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

When adjusted for inflation, the $257 billion debt in 1950 is the same
as 2.3 trillion in 2010. So while the debt has definitely increased
over time, 5.6 trillion vs 2.3 trillion is a lot less grotesque than
the unadjusted numbers imply. And reflects reality, not a political
position.

Where are you coming up with these current debt numbers? You appear to
about $10 trillion short.

You're right. I meant to say 2000, before Bush and then Obama ran it
through the roof. One can only hope that was an aberration. But the
point was that unadjusted numbers make both deficits and surpluses look
bigger than they really are.

That's just plain wrong. There have been several times when there was
no deficit.

Any reading considering the basic definitions of deficit, surplus and
debt will tell you that since debt has increased each and every year
since the fifties, there have been no surpluses, only deficits.

You're still wrong. Look at:

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/r...t/histdebt.htm

and look at 1951, 1956, and 1957.

Doug Winterburn August 2nd 11 02:07 AM

A Prognostication

On 8/1/2011 5:15 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
[...]

The way I'm explaining all this to the kids is:

Your mother and I want to spend about $10,000 per month, but we only
have $5,800 a month income. So we (your parents generation)have opened
up a $17 trillion (by 2013) credit account in your and your kids (our
grandkids) names so we can spend the extra $4200 per month. The new
budget agreement that congress has just passed might lower the monthly
charges to only $4000. But don't worry - we'll be gone before the bill
comes due.

BTW, these are the approximate fractional amounts we are currently
racking up for our posterity.

Leon[_7_] August 2nd 11 04:57 AM

A Prognostication

On 7/31/2011 10:13 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 7/31/2011 8:44 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I have to wonder if we need as many government employees though. Used to
be for every 10 private employees, there was one government. Now it is 4
to 1.

Hell, we need'em, doncha know!

... two cops, I mean two, count'em TWO cops, loaded down with weapons
worthy of a military exercise, came out and ordered me to quit mowing my
postage stamp of a yard at 11:30AM last Sunday ... a yard for which I
pay $13k + a year in property taxes for the privilege; and half of that
to pay for a broken educational system where 61.7% of the students are
from parents who are mostly here illegally, and only 7.8% of the entire
student body remotely share my heritage:

You and Linda still have a chance to move in to the burbs. There are 4
empty lots on our street. ;~) Move out here with the "regular",
people. ;~)

Dave[_52_] August 2nd 11 10:00 AM

A Prognostication

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 22:57:34 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:
You and Linda still have a chance to move in to the burbs. There are 4
empty lots on our street. ;~) Move out here with the "regular",
people. ;~)

So, what Festool products you haven't bought yet does Karl have that
you want to borrow? It would be really convenient to just walk across
the street to get them wouldn't it? g

Leon[_7_] August 2nd 11 12:25 PM

A Prognostication

wrote:
You and Linda still have a chance to move in to the burbs. There are 4
empty lots on our street. ;~) Move out here with the "regular",
people. ;~)

So, what Festool products you haven't bought yet does Karl have that
you want to borrow? It would be really convenient to just walk across
the street to get them wouldn't it?g

Actually I think I have more Festool with tails than he does. ;~) He
has more rails and accessories.

I think we both have an eye each others tool that essentially does the
same thing, mine is portable and his is not.

Han August 2nd 11 01:45 PM

A Prognostication

Doug Winterburn wrote in
eb.com:

[...]

Once again, as nonsensical as the current congressional approaches are,
we have to keep in mind where this deficit explosion came from. Apart
from the real estate balloon explosion that fed part of this, it was
just plain excruciatingly stupid policy to cut taxes while waging 2
wars. Cutting taxes cannot by definition bring in more revenue other
than by letting people and companies off the hook when they should have
paid before.

Yes, I am a liberal. I am also for prudent investing and spending no
more than is reasonable, and taxing to the level that is needed. And
that doesn't mean tax and spend.

--
Best regards
Han

Swingman August 2nd 11 03:20 PM

A Prognostication

wrote:
You and Linda still have a chance to move in to the burbs. There are 4
empty lots on our street. ;~) Move out here with the "regular",
people. ;~)

So, what Festool products you haven't bought yet does Karl have that
you want to borrow? It would be really convenient to just walk across
the street to get them wouldn't it?g

Actually I think I have more Festool with tails than he does. ;~) He has
more rails and accessories.

I think we both have an eye each others tool that essentially does the
same thing, mine is portable and his is not.

Read that as: "I have a Domino, he does not gloat,gloat!" g

Ackshully ... I have three Festool sanders, a TS75, and a CT22E, all
with tails. For at total of four and 32/32nd tailed Festools (that's
five for you, Leon) ;).

So, what have you bought that you didn't tell me about, eh? LOL

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Jack Stein August 2nd 11 03:46 PM

A Prognostication

On 8/1/2011 10:29 AM, Robatoy wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote:

The American soldier will NEVER fire on American civilians, no matter who
gives the order (unless, of course, those civilians are rioting hippies).

You're not including the National Guard then. (Kent State)

They're the only ones he included. He didn't include the Branch
Davidians or the entire southern half of the country.

--
Jack
The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

Leon[_7_] August 2nd 11 05:34 PM

A Prognostication

wrote:
You and Linda still have a chance to move in to the burbs. There are 4
empty lots on our street. ;~) Move out here with the "regular",
people. ;~)

So, what Festool products you haven't bought yet does Karl have that
you want to borrow? It would be really convenient to just walk across
the street to get them wouldn't it?g

Actually I think I have more Festool with tails than he does. ;~) He has
more rails and accessories.

I think we both have an eye each others tool that essentially does the
same thing, mine is portable and his is not.

Read that as: "I have a Domino, he does not gloat,gloat!" g

LOL, YOU have the multi-router, which is IMHO is like having a HD
Laguna kind of tool setting in your shop.

Ackshully ... I have three Festool sanders, a TS75, and a CT22E, all
with tails. For at total of four and 32/32nd tailed Festools (that's
five for you, Leon) ;).

Lets see here,,, I have a Rotex, the rectangle 400 Finish Sander, TS75,
Domino, and CT22. That's 5. I musta been thinking about the ones I was
wishing for. ;~) I sure could have used the fancy Domino drill with
eccentric off-set when crawling around under the islands and installing
slides on my last drawer installment.

You certainly have more grey and green boxes. Systainers

So, what have you bought that you didn't tell me about, eh? LOL

Nuth'in

Larry Blanchard August 2nd 11 05:38 PM

A Prognostication

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 18:07:07 -0700, Doug Winterburn wrote:

You're still wrong. Look at:

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/r...t/histdebt.htm

and look at 1951, 1956, and 1957.

The way I'm explaining all this to the kids is:

Lets see: I explained where I was wrong. You ignore data showing you
were wrong. Which of us is more credible?

Doug Winterburn August 2nd 11 05:52 PM

A Prognostication

On 8/2/2011 9:38 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 18:07:07 -0700, Doug Winterburn wrote:

You're still wrong. Look at:

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/r...t/histdebt.htm

and look at 1951, 1956, and 1957.

The way I'm explaining all this to the kids is:

Lets see: I explained where I was wrong. You ignore data showing you
were wrong. Which of us is more credible?

I pointed out that there have been no surpluses since the fifties, and
you confirmed? What's at issue?

Lew Hodgett[_6_] August 2nd 11 06:34 PM

A Prognostication

I wrote:

The Congress will not pass a bill to raise the federal debt by
08/02/2011.

As a result, President Obama will execute an executive order to
raise the federal debt on 08/02/2011 per terms of the 14th
amendment.

Obama will not allow default to happen.

----------------------------------
One for three works for a prognostication.

Lew

HeyBub[_3_] August 2nd 11 08:42 PM

A Prognostication

Han wrote:
..

Cutting taxes cannot by definition bring in more
revenue other than by letting people and companies off the hook when
they should have paid before.

Yes, I am a liberal. I am also for prudent investing and spending no
more than is reasonable, and taxing to the level that is needed. And
that doesn't mean tax and spend.

I understand how you can think that. Most liberals, progressives,
socialists, Communists, Keynesian, etc., think that the amount of wealth is
constant and their goal is redistribution to make the pie-slices more equal.

Conservatives believe that wealth can be created and each person's slice
gets bigger the more wealth overall.

If you still doubt the latter, look at the historical GDP. Except for the
last five years or so, GDP far outpaced inflation. How could this be if
wealth was not being created?

Further, when the government takes a dollar of wealth out of the economy,
that's a dollar of wealth destroyed.

All that said, tax cuts allow the dollars retained by private enterprise to
multiply. Raised taxes takes that dollar out of the economy.

As for empirical evidence, EVERY TIME a tax cut has been employed, tax
revenues to the government have risen.

Doug Winterburn August 2nd 11 09:19 PM

A Prognostication

.

http://www.house.gov/jec/fiscal/tx-g...t/reagtxct.htm

Han August 2nd 11 11:16 PM

A Prognostication

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Han wrote:
.

[...]

Some of that is true. Some of that are lies. I'm surprised you keep
repeating them. The Reagan trickle down hypothesis has been thoroughly
disproven. Right now (today), the stockmarket slumps with a loud thud to
its lowest point this year, because all those planned cuts will put
people out of jobs. No job, no salary, no purchasing power. Yes cuts
can stimulate the economy, but what about those people working on FAA
projects who suddenly are out of work? If that is how this socalled
compromise is going to work, I'm glad I have some TIAA money available.

--
Best regards
Han

Larry Blanchard August 3rd 11 12:01 AM

A Prognostication

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 13:19:44 -0700, Doug Winterburn wrote:

http://www.house.gov/jec/fiscal/tx-g...t/reagtxct.htm

"For example, in 1981 the top 1 percent paid 17.6 percent of all personal
income taxes, but by 1988 their share had jumped to 27.5 percent, a 10
percentage point increase."

Wonder how much of that was due to their share of the income going up and
the share of the rest of us going down?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Income_gains.jpg

And what the numbers would have been had there not been an increase in 2-
earner households due to necessity?

Larry Blanchard August 3rd 11 12:12 AM

A Prognostication

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 09:52:28 -0700, Doug Winterburn wrote:

Lets see: I explained where I was wrong. You ignore data showing you
were wrong. Which of us is more credible?

I pointed out that there have been no surpluses since the fifties, and
you confirmed? What's at issue?

I'm going to give up responding to you Doug You blithely ignore facts
that disagree with you. In the years I asked you to look at, the US debt
went *down*. That means there was a surplus in those years. And for
later years, look at:

http://www.cbo.gov/budget/data/historical.pdf

It shows a surplus in 1969, 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001.

But like I said, you won't believe those numbers either.

Doug Winterburn August 3rd 11 12:18 AM

A Prognostication

http://www.house.gov/jec/growth/prosper/prosper.htm

Doug Winterburn August 3rd 11 12:32 AM

A Prognostication

On 8/2/2011 4:12 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 09:52:28 -0700, Doug Winterburn wrote:

Lets see: I explained where I was wrong. You ignore data showing you
were wrong. Which of us is more credible?

I pointed out that there have been no surpluses since the fifties, and
you confirmed? What's at issue?

I'm going to give up responding to you Doug You blithely ignore facts
that disagree with you. In the years I asked you to look at, the US debt
went *down*.

That's true for those years in the fifties as I pointed out - no
disagreement.

That means there was a surplus in those years. And for
later years, look at:

http://www.cbo.gov/budget/data/historical.pdf

It shows a surplus in 1969, 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001.

Since the debt went up in those years, how was there a true surplus?

But like I said, you won't believe those numbers either.

Oh, I understand them. As I also pointed out before, it was by counting
all trust fund surpluses as general fund revenue - some DC magic
accounting. However the SS part of that trick is over (because of
current unemployment) as SS revenues are not currently covering outlays.
That wasn't supposed to happen until 2047 or some such future date.

Leon[_7_] August 3rd 11 01:40 AM

A Prognostication

On 8/2/2011 5:16 PM, Han wrote:
wrote in
m:

Han wrote:
.

[...]

Actually the market is still up for the year, the DJA started the year
at 11577

And I am still WAY up for the year.

Dave[_52_] August 3rd 11 02:27 AM

A Prognostication

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 11:34:42 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:
Read that as: "I have a Domino, he does not gloat,gloat!" g
Ackshully ... I have three Festool sanders, a TS75, and a CT22E, all
with tails. For at total of four and 32/32nd tailed Festools (that's
five for you, Leon) ;).

Lets see here,,, I have a Rotex, the rectangle 400 Finish Sander, TS75,
Domino, and CT22. That's 5. I musta been thinking about the ones I was
wishing for. ;~) I sure could have used the fancy Domino drill with
eccentric off-set when crawling around under the islands and installing
slides on my last drawer installment.

I can just see it. Karl moves into Leon's neighbourhood. Every morning
they meet in the middle of the street. Here's the scenario:

Hi Karl, how's it going today? Fine Karl says, how are you doing? Fine
says Leon. Karl says, Leon, can I borrow your Rotex sander? Sure says
Leon, help yourself. BTW Karl, can I borrow that Domino drill of
yours? Sure, says Karl, feel free to go get it. we'll meet again
tomorrow morning and exchange what we borrowed today for something
else. Great says Leon, have a good day. You too Leon, says Karl.

And so goes the Karl/Leon daily swap meet.

Swingman August 3rd 11 02:31 AM

A Prognostication

wrote:
[...]

LOL ... you got it, Bubba! :)

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Lew Hodgett[_6_] August 3rd 11 04:13 AM

A Prognostication

Doug Winterburn wrote:

The way I'm explaining all this to the kids is:

Your mother and I want to spend about $10,000 per month, but we
only
have $5,800 a month income. So we (your parents generation)have
opened up a $17 trillion (by 2013) credit account in your and your
kids (our grandkids) names so we can spend the extra $4200 per
month.

What a crock of crap.

Nice try, but no cigar.

Fight TWO (2) wars on borrowed money and the sacrifice of less
than 5% of the country.

Create a prescription drug insurance plan on borrowed money.

Cut taxes so that additional debt is created.

Well it's time to start paying the tab, so shut the f**k up and start
paying your bill.

Unless of course you want to be a free loader and let the next
generation pay YOUR bill.

Lew

Doug Winterburn August 3rd 11 04:39 AM

A Prognostication

On 8/2/2011 8:13 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Doug Winterburn wrote:

[...]

Glad to see you're so up on the current debt situation and how we got
here, Lew.

Been paying my share and much of others for some time. Getting tired of
your kind of crap - very tired.

Doug Winterburn August 3rd 11 05:02 AM

A Prognostication

Doug Winterburn wrote:

[...]

AAMOF Lew, I'll be coming through the peoples republic of Kalifornica in
about three weeks on my way home. I'd be more than happy to stop by and
discuss the relative merits of your liberal versus my conservative
beliefs in person. Send me an email of how and where we can meet.

Larry Jaques[_4_] August 3rd 11 06:16 AM

O/T: A Prognostication

On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 07:11:49 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 7/28/2011 11:12 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
The Congress will not pass a bill to raise the federal debt by
08/02/2011.

As a result, President Obama will execute an executive order to raise
the federal debt on 08/02/2011 per terms of the 14th amendment.

Obama will not allow default to happen.

Lew

Oh there will be a resolution, all of those critters up there is
Washington know full well that if they don't come up with a plan or
agreement that it will be political suicide for them all regardless of
which party held out.

It was all posturing, period. They knew it would _literally_ destroy
the country and that they couldn't allow that to happen. (Correction,
the puppets' handlers wouldn't allow that to happen.)

--
Win first, Fight later.

--martial principle of the Samurai

Larry Jaques[_4_] August 3rd 11 06:28 AM

A Prognostication

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 23:30:13 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
wrote:

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 14:43:56 -0400, k-nuttle wrote:

...when health care "reform" was being forced down the throat of the

American People

That's a somewhat biased comment. All of the polls I saw showed pretty
much a 50-50 split - half approved, half didn't.

If you think that forcing healthcare down the throats of over 150
million people _isn't_ biased, what IS?

Granted, the phrase "half the American people" would have been better.

So, what do we have now? 26 states who got their people waived, so we
continue to have 26 states full of uninsured people. Is this a big
Obama win we're seeing? If so, please 'splain it to me.

Larry Jaques[_4_] August 3rd 11 06:40 AM

A Prognostication

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 10:13:49 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 7/31/2011 8:44 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I have to wonder if we need as many government employees though. Used to
be for every 10 private employees, there was one government. Now it is 4
to 1.

Hell, we need'em, doncha know!

... two cops, I mean two, count'em TWO cops, loaded down with weapons
worthy of a military exercise, came out and ordered me to quit mowing my

Hey, why haven't you rid yourself of that damned grass stuff yet? Stop
by the library and pick up a copy of "The Wild Lawn Handbook" and stop
by Homey's Despot for some drip irrigation goodies, then spend a few
days redecorating that stamp-sized lawn into a real nice piece of
xeriscaped art.

postage stamp of a yard at 11:30AM last Sunday ... a yard for which I
pay $13k + a year in property taxes for the privilege; and half of that
to pay for a broken educational system where 61.7% of the students are
from parents who are mostly here illegally, and only 7.8% of the entire
student body remotely share my heritage:

http://www.houstonisd.org/HISDConnec...52 147fa6RCRD

What would we do without these types of safeguards on our lives, eh?

Yeah. sigh

We are past due for a revolution, but don't hold your breath.

Surprisingly, inertia still holds it from happening. Wait until the
public gets a load of the actual Obamacare costs. Then the **** will
definitely hit the fan.

I fought
once, supposedly for this countries _values_ (Ha!) but no way would I do
it again for the current crop of ****head "citizens".

Grok that.

You got what you deserved, America ... including a politicized climate.

sigh2