Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default OT - Interesting bio on George Bush.

http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/pr...george-w-bush/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Max wrote:
http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/pr...george-w-bush/

I'd rather read his obituary.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 07:30:26 -0400, "dadiOH"
wrote:

Max wrote:
http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/pr...george-w-bush/

I'd rather read his obituary.

You'd be a liberal hate monger, right?

He America's First Black President
http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/pr.../bill-clinton/

--
[Television is] the triumph of machine over people.
-- Fred Allen
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Max wrote:
http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/pr...george-w-bush/

I'd rather read his obituary.

You'd be a liberal hate monger, right?

Actually, no. Been a moderate Republican for close to 60 years and Bush was
the worst I've seen Democrat or Republican.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Max wrote:
http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/pr...george-w-bush/

I'd rather read his obituary.

You'd be a liberal hate monger, right?

Actually, no. Been a moderate Republican for close to 60 years and Bush was
the worst I've seen Democrat or Republican.

Have you already forgotten the peanut farmer???

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Max wrote:
http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/pr...george-w-bush/

I'd rather read his obituary.

You'd be a liberal hate monger, right?

Actually, no. Been a moderate Republican for close to 60 years and Bush was
the worst I've seen Democrat or Republican.

Have you already forgotten the peanut farmer???

Considering Jimmy inheritied inflation from ford, and Reagon actively
prevented resolution of the Tehran hostage crisis, what did Jimmy do
that was so bad?

scott
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Max wrote:
http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/pr...george-w-bush/

I'd rather read his obituary.

You'd be a liberal hate monger, right?

Actually, no. Been a moderate Republican for close to 60 years and Bush was
the worst I've seen Democrat or Republican.

Have you already forgotten the peanut farmer???

Or "That depends what 'is' is, your honor." and "No, I did not have
sex with Monica Lewinsky, your honor." Clintoon?

Granted, Shrub was no peach, but have some sense of perspective!

--
[Television is] the triumph of machine over people.
-- Fred Allen
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Max wrote:
http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/pr...george-w-bush/

I'd rather read his obituary.

You'd be a liberal hate monger, right?

Actually, no. Been a moderate Republican for close to 60 years and
Bush was the worst I've seen Democrat or Republican.

Have you already forgotten the peanut farmer???

No, I remember him very well. He was wishy-washy and ineffective but at
least he was a moral man (too moral). Bush was as close to a fascist as we
have had.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

You'd be a liberal hate monger, right?

Actually, no. Been a moderate Republican for close to 60 years and Bush
was
the worst I've seen Democrat or Republican.

Have you already forgotten the peanut farmer???

Refresh my memory, how many wars did he start?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"dadiOH" wrote in message ...

You'd be a liberal hate monger, right?

Actually, no. Been a moderate Republican for close to 60 years and Bush
was the worst I've seen Democrat or Republican.

Bingo. Democrats (mostly) expected to be disappointed by a Republican
President, the surprise was all the Republicans who ended up feeling the
same way. As the late, great Wm. F. Buckley, Jr. said, whatever G.W. Bush
is, he isn't a conservative. Real conservatives believe in fiscal
responsibility on the part of govt. (the federal debt doubled on Bush's
watch), they believe in avoiding pointless military adventurism (any
explanations needed there?) and they believe in defending individual
liberties (rather than looking for reasons to ignore the Constitution).
When I think back to how I cheered Bush becoming President instead of Gore I
can only shake my head in disbelief.

Posted to rec.woodworking

DGDevin wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote in message ...

You'd be a liberal hate monger, right?

Actually, no. Been a moderate Republican for close to 60 years and
Bush was the worst I've seen Democrat or Republican.

Bingo. Democrats (mostly) expected to be disappointed by a Republican
President, the surprise was all the Republicans who ended up feeling
the same way. As the late, great Wm. F. Buckley, Jr. said, whatever
G.W. Bush is, he isn't a conservative. Real conservatives believe in
fiscal responsibility on the part of govt. (the federal debt doubled
on Bush's watch), they believe in avoiding pointless military
adventurism (any explanations needed there?) and they believe in
defending individual liberties (rather than looking for reasons to
ignore the Constitution).

They also believe that one of the functions of government should be to
provide a climate that enables people to help themselves, not just hand
stuff to them.

When I think back to how I cheered Bush
becoming President instead of Gore I can only shake my head in
disbelief.

It's OK, you were young and foolish

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"dadiOH" wrote:

I'd rather read his obituary.

-----------------------------
If you want an arguement, change the subject.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Max wrote:
http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/pr...george-w-bush/

A more interesting biography would be of his father, George H.W. Bush.

Bush Senior proved one could come to Texas with just a few million dollars
in his jeans and make it big.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 24, 10:22*pm, "Max" wrote:
http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/pr...george-w-bush/

This is probably the most honest bio I've read about George W. - a
spoiled brat who used and abused his father's position and money to
get himself into politics and high office. Sounds like something a
lot of people have done but will never admit it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jimbo" wrote in message
On Jul 24, 10:22 pm, "Max" wrote:
http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/pr...george-w-bush/

This is probably the most honest bio I've read about George W. - a
spoiled brat who used and abused his father's position and money to
get himself into politics and high office. Sounds like something a
lot of people have done but will never admit it.

Considering this was largely a propaganda piece with twisted selective
"facts" and heavy albeit sly editoralizing.......a honest bio is somewhere
beyond a reach. When things pretend to be a history they do all of us a
disservice......conclusions based on **** often simply result in more turds.

Rod

Posted to rec.woodworking

Rod & BJ Jacobson wrote:

Considering this was largely a propaganda piece with twisted selective
"facts" and heavy albeit sly editoralizing.......a honest bio is
somewhere beyond a reach. When things pretend to be a history they do
all of us a disservice......conclusions based on **** often simply
result in more turds.

I agree. For example, the piece mentioned, not for the first time, Dubya's
seeming ducking of his National Guard obligations. I have yet to see, in the
dozens of accounts I've read about this failure to participate, how his
actions deviated from the usual and accepted practice of the time.

In other words, was "everybody" doing what he did or did he really shirk his
obligations and was never called out?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Rod & BJ Jacobson wrote:

Considering this was largely a propaganda piece with twisted selective
"facts" and heavy albeit sly editoralizing.......a honest bio is
somewhere beyond a reach. When things pretend to be a history they do
all of us a disservice......conclusions based on **** often simply
result in more turds.

I agree. For example, the piece mentioned, not for the first time, Dubya's
seeming ducking of his National Guard obligations. I have yet to see, in
the dozens of accounts I've read about this failure to participate, how
his actions deviated from the usual and accepted practice of the time.

In other words, was "everybody" doing what he did or did he really shirk
his obligations and was never called out?

I just love that excuse. Johnny does it so why can't I.
The first admonition from me when conducting a verbal reprimand was to warn
the employee that such excuses would not be tolerated.
"First of all, you're not "Johnny"'
"Secondly, I am not required to inform you of whatever disciplinary measure
I may or may not have taken with another employee.
"Third, you may not be aware of all the circumstances surrounding the
performance, or lack of, by another employee."

Max (but I don't think Bush was all that bad either) ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 26, 11:12*am, "Max" wrote:

Max (but I don't think Bush was all that bad either) *;-)

He made a great puppet for the neocons.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Max wrote:

[...]

Good point. But there are two other, complimentary, points:

One: Courts have held that, in spite of written rules, a pattern of behavior
trumps the written rule. To punish someone for an infraction that is
universally ignored will not be sustained.

Two: We still don't know the circumstances. It could be Bush simply shirked
his duty and nobody bothered to sanction him. Or it could be he tried to
participate but the chain of command simply said "Go away. Quit bothering
us. We'll call you if we need you."

Posted to rec.woodworking

"HeyBub" writes:
Rod & BJ Jacobson wrote:

Considering this was largely a propaganda piece with twisted selective
"facts" and heavy albeit sly editoralizing.......a honest bio is
somewhere beyond a reach. When things pretend to be a history they do
all of us a disservice......conclusions based on **** often simply
result in more turds.

I agree. For example, the piece mentioned, not for the first time, Dubya's
seeming ducking of his National Guard obligations. I have yet to see, in the
dozens of accounts I've read about this failure to participate, how his
actions deviated from the usual and accepted practice of the time.

This is the "everyone else does it" argument. Doesn't make it right.

scott

Posted to rec.woodworking

Scott Lurndal wrote:

I agree. For example, the piece mentioned, not for the first time,
Dubya's seeming ducking of his National Guard obligations. I have
yet to see, in the dozens of accounts I've read about this failure
to participate, how his actions deviated from the usual and accepted
practice of the time.

This is the "everyone else does it" argument. Doesn't make it right.

In many cases, yes it does. The Uniform Commercial Code recognizes that the
"usual and accepted practices" of an industry have the force of law. The
Bible says "Fair weights and measures you shall have" but "fair" depends on
the community [in one community a "container" may be "heaping" and in
another community it will be "level"].

Methinks you may be painting with too broad a brush when you condemn the
excuse in its entirety.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 26, 3:47*am, "Rod & BJ Jacobson" wrote:
"Jimbo" wrote in message

On Jul 24, 10:22 pm, "Max" wrote:

http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/pr...george-w-bush/

This is probably the most honest bio I've read about George W. *- a
spoiled brat who used and abused his father's position and money to
get himself into politics and high office. *Sounds like something a
lot of people have done but will never admit it.

Considering this was largely a propaganda piece with twisted selective
"facts" and heavy albeit sly editoralizing.......a honest bio is somewhere
beyond a reach. When things pretend to be a history they do all of us a
disservice......conclusions based on **** often simply result in more turds.

Some examples might improve the credibility of your contribution
Otherwise, it is, like you suggest the bio is, just propaganda. Broad
strokes will do.

I did notice that it is very heavily biased towards the early years
and then fades as time moves on. I suppose it was this that
interested me as I, not being an American, didn't know much about his
earlier life.