Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bandsaw Tension Knob

As the first upgrade to my bandsaw (before I install the riser kit), I
changed out the old tension rod/knob for this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001C4UOVS

I didn't realize it at the time, but the old one had several spots where it
was worn. The new one fixed that problem and didn't cost much at all.
Plus, the handle is superior to the too-small knob. It's a simple matter
now to adjust the tension. It went from 0 tension to full tension in less
than 15 seconds.

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

Puckdropper wrote:
As the first upgrade to my bandsaw (before I install the riser kit), I
changed out the old tension rod/knob for this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001C4UOVS

I didn't realize it at the time, but the old one had several spots where it
was worn. The new one fixed that problem and didn't cost much at all.
Plus, the handle is superior to the too-small knob. It's a simple matter
now to adjust the tension. It went from 0 tension to full tension in less
than 15 seconds.

Puckdropper

I feel cheated. Years ago I built my own with a piece of threaded
rod, a piece of wood, a knob, etc. Now you can buy one at a
reasonable price. It sure beats a knob, doesn't it?

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Taxes still too low? Vote democrat in 2012.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
Puckdropper wrote:
As the first upgrade to my bandsaw (before I install the riser kit), I
changed out the old tension rod/knob for this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001C4UOVS

I didn't realize it at the time, but the old one had several spots where
it
was worn. The new one fixed that problem and didn't cost much at all.
Plus, the handle is superior to the too-small knob. It's a simple matter
now to adjust the tension. It went from 0 tension to full tension in
less
than 15 seconds.

Puckdropper

I feel cheated. Years ago I built my own with a piece of threaded rod, a
piece of wood, a knob, etc. Now you can buy one at a reasonable price.
It sure beats a knob, doesn't it?

Well, it looks cool, but I gotta ask. It seems if you have a riser block
installed, this crank might end up being too high to comfortably reach?
Especially if you are putting on a lot of tension? Tippy toes, anyone? I
could be wrong, though.

Phil

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Phil Anderson" wrote in
:

Well, it looks cool, but I gotta ask. It seems if you have a riser
block installed, this crank might end up being too high to comfortably
reach? Especially if you are putting on a lot of tension? Tippy toes,
anyone? I could be wrong, though.

Phil

I just installed the riser block. The tension crank is at the top of my
comfortable reach, but still within reach. I'm by no means a tall guy
(lower side of average height).

Puckdropper