Eric Anderson

Default Lee Valley/Veritas bullnose Shoulder Plane

This plane has been out a couple of months now. It looks like it
could be a very useful addition to my hand planes.

Has anyone bought one and can comment on it? I have the Veritas
medium shoulder plane and it has been a gem. Great for tuning mortise
and tenons. Also have the low angle block. Great for tuning drawers
and such. I can see where this bullnose can get into small places and
allow you to trim close on the side as well as in the front. If
anyone has an assortment of planes and can review with me the
usefulness of adding one of these, please do.
Denny

Eric,
I've got one, it's a beauty. I used it yesterday to trim the faces of some
through tenons after a glue-up (the low angle block wouldn't fit.) But it
sounds like you already know the advantages of the plane. It has a great
weight, it's comfortable to hold, and they've made it really easy to convert
to chisel plane and back without having to readjust. The build quality
seems to be about the same as the other Veritas planes, excellent!
Denny

"Eric Anderson" wrote in message
om...
This plane has been out a couple of months now. It looks like it
could be a very useful addition to my hand planes.

Has anyone bought one and can comment on it? I have the Veritas
medium shoulder plane and it has been a gem. Great for tuning mortise
and tenons. Also have the low angle block. Great for tuning drawers
and such. I can see where this bullnose can get into small places and
allow you to trim close on the side as well as in the front. If
anyone has an assortment of planes and can review with me the
usefulness of adding one of these, please do.

Eric Anderson

Thanks Denny,

I was hoping that that was the case. If I had gotten a negative
answer, I would have been in trouble because I see that my wife has
already ordered me one for father's day.