Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
KirkH

Default Patterns from Magazines / Books

Every so often, I want to reproduce a pattern from a magazine or book
that is drawn on a grid representing inch squares. I bought the huge
pad of gridded paper from staples (about 2ft x 3ft), and reproduce
them to scale with a straight edge, french curves and by guesstimate.
I then glue the paper to 1/4 hardboard, cut it out and use it as a
pattern guide for my router. Of course, this works, but it is
tedious. There has to be a better way to do this. Is it possible to
scan these scale drawings in, then enlarge them to real size? Even if
this would work with parts of the drawing, it would help. I also know
Kinkos can print very large graphics for a price ($$$); but it may be
worth it.

Does anybody have a better technique they can share?

TIA,
Kirk