Terry King

Default Patterns for tubing joints, angles??

I'm looking for patterns that I can scale for cutting the
ends of steel tubing to make various angled joints.

I want to make flat paper or plastic patterns I can roll around the
tubing, mark the pattern, and cut the tubing so I have a good
fitup for welding.

I have figured out that the 'flat' pattern for a Tee joint
in same-sized tubing is a Sine curve. But what about other
angles than 90 degrees? What about unequal sized tubing?

Maybe somebody has some great software tool to do this? Or maybe
there are patterns online??

I hope!

Thanks!
--
Regards, Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont

The one who Dies With The Most Parts LOSES!! What do you need?
Bob May

Better than using patterns for small tubing is to just cut the tubing in the
right form. HF does have a tubing cutter for curved cuts - putting a tube
to another tube type thing.

--
There are more Democrats on the Calif. Special Election than Republicans!
Go count if you don't believe me!

UM Racer

Terry King wrote in message ...
I'm looking for patterns that I can scale for cutting the
ends of steel tubing to make various angled joints.

I want to make flat paper or plastic patterns I can roll around the
tubing, mark the pattern, and cut the tubing so I have a good
fitup for welding.

I have figured out that the 'flat' pattern for a Tee joint
in same-sized tubing is a Sine curve. But what about other
angles than 90 degrees? What about unequal sized tubing?

Maybe somebody has some great software tool to do this? Or maybe
there are patterns online??

I hope!

Thanks!

Terry,

Google for winmiter, EZ-Pipe, or Tubemiter

or

http://24.207.54.243/FTP/files.htm

http://www.ihpva.org/people/tstrike/...ng/tubemit.htm

Andy
Glenn Cramond

Terry King wrote in message ...
I'm looking for patterns that I can scale for cutting the
ends of steel tubing to make various angled joints.

Terry,
The place you need to go is http://www.thepiers.net/pn/index.php
The site has a heap of information on laying out the patterns you
require, and lots more. Definitely advise a visit and the tutorials
available.

Glenn
www.metalbashatorium.com

Mitreing Angles Problem Stuart UK diy 13 December 24th 03 03:11 PM
Soldering close joints mike ring UK diy 2 August 30th 03 07:18 PM
Paving Stone Joints chris French UK diy 0 July 14th 03 09:32 AM