DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cool Blocks AND/OR/VS roller guides? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/32359-cool-blocks-vs-roller-guides.html)

Hylourgos June 8th 04 01:37 AM

Cool Blocks AND/OR/VS roller guides?

I'm rebuilding/setting up my 14" import BS and was wondering what to
use. I had some inexpensive roller guides, but yesterday I scored four
cool blocks at a flea market for 50¢.

I'm mostly interested in using the BS for resawing (1/2" 3tpi blade).

Any preferences? Anyone ever mixed them up, as in roller on top, cool
blocks on bottom, or vice versa?

Curious,
H.

Bay Area Dave June 8th 04 02:51 AM

Cool Blocks AND/OR/VS roller guides?

I like the roller guides on wider blades and prefer the cool
blocks on very narrow blades, as there is less chance of
damaging the blade from running them too close to the
working edge. Top vs bottom? Can't say as that would enter
into my decision to use a particular type of guide.

dave