Paul O.

Default Bench top

Have been considering buying a nice workbench top. My problem is, living in
a mobile home, there is no garage or workshop. The bench has to set outside
under the awning which is my work area. Will these tops hold up under these
conditions? One top I am looking at is the sjoberg and will be looking at
others. Thanks.

--
Paul O.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Paul O." wrote in message
. com...
Have been considering buying a nice workbench top. My problem is, living

in
a mobile home, there is no garage or workshop. The bench has to set

outside
under the awning which is my work area. Will these tops hold up under

these
conditions? One top I am looking at is the sjoberg and will be looking at
others. Thanks.

Maybe in Arizona, surely not in western Washington or Vermont.

Paul O.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
m...

"Paul O." wrote in message
. com...
Have been considering buying a nice workbench top. My problem is, living

in
a mobile home, there is no garage or workshop. The bench has to set

outside
under the awning which is my work area. Will these tops hold up under

these
conditions? One top I am looking at is the sjoberg and will be looking

at
others. Thanks.

Maybe in Arizona, surely not in western Washington or Vermont.

I am in Southern Calif. San Bernardino area. Would be subject to some

higher humidity at certain times of the year.
--
Paul O.

Mike G

Depends on where you live, how well the piece will be protected, and, how
well you take care of it.

Personally, considering the circumstances, I'd be more inclined to make a
workbench out of something somewhat less pricey. But, then again, I wouldn't
spend the that kind of money for a workbench anyway when I can make a
perfectly serviceable one for far far less and not worry about it when I
have to do some heavy work on it.I'm afraid my work habits are kind of rough
on workbenches.

Good luck which ever way you go.

--
Mike G.

Heirloom Woods
www.heirloom-woods.net
"Paul O." wrote in message
. com...
Have been considering buying a nice workbench top. My problem is, living

in
a mobile home, there is no garage or workshop. The bench has to set

outside
under the awning which is my work area. Will these tops hold up under

these
conditions? One top I am looking at is the sjoberg and will be looking at
others. Thanks.

--
Paul O.

JG

Paul O. wrote:

Have been considering buying a nice workbench top. My problem is, living in
a mobile home, there is no garage or workshop. The bench has to set outside
under the awning which is my work area. Will these tops hold up under these
conditions? One top I am looking at is the sjoberg and will be looking at
others. Thanks.

Perhaps, if made from Cypress and laid up w/ P.U. Glue and finished with
spar varnish.

John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg