Posted to rec.woodworking

Default drawer slides

Can anybody point me to a good source for quality "self closing" drawer slides? I will be installing 6 drawers with the distance from the front of the face frame to the back of the carcass being 22 1/2”. I want to use undermount soft close heavy duty slides. Blume has 21”. How adjustable is the back of these things? Do they adjust at all or do I get exactly 21” and I need to build the back of the carcass out to meet them?

I looked at Woodcraft here locally, but they are expensive. I think I can do better online, but then I need to be really sure I get ones that will fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/29/2011 10:49 AM, jtpr wrote:
Can anybody point me to a good source for quality "self closing" drawer slides? I will be installing 6 drawers with the distance from the front of the face frame to the back of the carcass being 22 1/2”. I want to use undermount soft close heavy duty slides. Blume has 21”. How adjustable is the back of these things? Do they adjust at all or do I get exactly 21” and I need to build the back of the carcass out to meet them?

I looked at Woodcraft here locally, but they are expensive.

Pay attention, Dude ... you're getting hard won valuable advice thus far
in this thread, but if you don't bother with it, you will eventually get
none.

You might want to start reading some of the previous replies to your
post that already covered these very questions.

Once again ... for ALMOST ALL brands of undermount soft close slides you
make the drawer the EXACT length of the slide.

A good value in soft close undermounts are KV brand. They also have more
length options in the "MUV" line.

http://www.knapeandvogt.com/_MuV_Pre...oducts.1 .336

I think I can do better online, but then I need to be really sure I

get ones that will fit.

Once again ... build the DRAWERS to the DRAWER SLIDES!

Once again ... DECIDE upon and BUY the DRAWER SLIDES BEFORE you build
the drawers!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

Other posters are correct the drawer must match the slides but the
carcass just needs to have enough clearance. If you can side mount the
slides to the case you have no issue at the back. If the slides have
no side mounting possibility then you use adjustable back end hardware
that should handle a few inches of variance and you may need to add a
block, etc. to make it all work. However I prefer to plan for internal
dividers in the case so I can always side mount the slides to the
case.

On Apr 29, 8:49*am, jtpr wrote:
Can anybody point me to a good source for quality "self closing" drawer slides? * *I will be installing 6 drawers with the distance from the front of the face frame to the back of the carcass being 22 1/2”. I want to use undermount soft close heavy duty slides. Blume has 21”. How adjustable is the back of these things? Do they adjust at all or do I get exactly 21” and I need to build the back of the carcass out to meet them?

I looked at Woodcraft here locally, but they are expensive. *I think I can do better online, but then I need to be really sure I get ones that will fit.

Thanks,
Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking

Karl, Leon.... I'm surmising, more so, now, that you are in the
cabinet making business, or it's a significant parts of your
business. I hesitated to post this back in Febuary. You may have
benefitted from this, if you have facilities for storing supplies in
bulk. I don't know if these are KV brand, though. Seems some of
these slides went for as little as $1 a set. You are close enough to
have, maybe, been interested in these. Wish I would have posted this,
back then.

Starting with Lot 136 - http://www.irsauctions.com/index_lot...&tot=&id=14356

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/30/2011 8:21 AM, Sonny wrote:
Karl, Leon.... I'm surmising, more so, now, that you are in the
cabinet making business, or it's a significant parts of your
business. I hesitated to post this back in Febuary. You may have
benefitted from this, if you have facilities for storing supplies in
bulk. I don't know if these are KV brand, though. Seems some of
these slides went for as little as $1 a set. You are close enough to
have, maybe, been interested in these. Wish I would have posted this,
back then.

Starting with Lot 136 - http://www.irsauctions.com/index_lot...&tot=&id=14356

Thanks for the thought ... I'll definitely keep an eye out for these
auctions.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

Can anybody point me to a good source for quality "self closing" drawer slides? I will be installing 6 drawers with the distance from the front of the face frame to the back of the carcass being 22 1/2”. I want to use undermount soft close heavy duty slides. Blume has 21”. How adjustable is the back of these things? Do they adjust at all or do I get exactly 21” and I need to build the back of the carcass out to meet them?

I looked at Woodcraft here locally, but they are expensive.

Pay attention, Dude ... you're getting hard won valuable advice thus far
in this thread, but if you don't bother with it, you will eventually get
none.

Aside from THAT, what's up with the lack o' wrap in the OP?

I'm viewing th OP w/ Agent and it's one looooooooong line. Anybody
else?

-Zz
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 12:43:58 -0700, Zz Yzx
wrote:

Can anybody point me to a good source for quality "self closing" drawer slides? I will be installing 6 drawers with the distance from the front of the face frame to the back of the carcass being 22 1/2”. I want to use undermount soft close heavy duty slides. Blume has 21”. How adjustable is the back of these things? Do they adjust at all or do I get exactly 21” and I need to build the back of the carcass out to meet them?

I looked at Woodcraft here locally, but they are expensive.

Pay attention, Dude ... you're getting hard won valuable advice thus far
in this thread, but if you don't bother with it, you will eventually get
none.

Aside from THAT, what's up with the lack o' wrap in the OP?

I'm viewing th OP w/ Agent and it's one looooooooong line. Anybody
else?

-Zz

Turn your "Word Wrap" on under the "View" menu.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Looking for 2 Way Drawer Slides Upscale Woodworking 3 January 21st 11 04:27 PM
Drawer Slides asmurff Woodworking 4 February 28th 08 03:59 PM
Drawer slides. PVR Home Repair 6 April 26th 07 04:30 AM
Drawer slides Anon Ymous Woodworking 1 February 21st 07 12:55 AM
Drawer slides [email protected] Woodworking 24 January 9th 06 05:10 PM