Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Scope -- final part

I awakened from my Sunday afternoon siesta intending to tackle the
kitchen drawer again using some of the good tips you shared earlier,
only to discover that SWMBO got it open. Damn. I had my argument for
why this problem required the new Dewalt chop saw just about figured out.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/10/11 5:49 PM, Larry wrote:
I awakened from my Sunday afternoon siesta intending to tackle the
kitchen drawer again using some of the good tips you shared earlier,
only to discover that SWMBO got it open. Damn. I had my argument for why
this problem required the new Dewalt chop saw just about figured out.

Don't fear, it'll be jammed again in a week, unless she rearranges the
contents. My condolences. :-)

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , frozenNorth123
@gm.nospam.ail.com says...
On 4/10/11 5:49 PM, Larry wrote:
I awakened from my Sunday afternoon siesta intending to tackle the
kitchen drawer again using some of the good tips you shared earlier,
only to discover that SWMBO got it open. Damn. I had my argument for why
this problem required the new Dewalt chop saw just about figured out.

Don't fear, it'll be jammed again in a week, unless she rearranges the
contents. My condolences. :-)

So some kind of trap door would be in order.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 18:26:04 -0500, phorbin
wrote:

In article , frozenNorth123
says...
On 4/10/11 5:49 PM, Larry wrote:
I awakened from my Sunday afternoon siesta intending to tackle the
kitchen drawer again using some of the good tips you shared earlier,
only to discover that SWMBO got it open. Damn. I had my argument for why
this problem required the new Dewalt chop saw just about figured out.

Don't fear, it'll be jammed again in a week, unless she rearranges the
contents. My condolences. :-)

So some kind of trap door would be in order.

If he used that on her, who'd cook dinner and do the wash?

Grinnin'n'duckin, bigtime

--
If you're looking for the key to the Universe,
I've got some good news and some bad news.

The bad news: There is no key to the Universe.

The good news: It was never locked.
--Swami Beyondananda
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry" wrote in message
I awakened from my Sunday afternoon siesta intending to
tackle the kitchen drawer again using some of the good tips
you shared earlier, only to discover that SWMBO got it
open. Damn. I had my argument for why this problem
required the new Dewalt chop saw just about figured out.

L:

If there are any unsightly dings marking the cabinetry in
consequence of the temblor she used to release it, they
might be strategically pointed out.

www.unclutterer.com is a worthwhile site for anyone
interested in better "organization", which is the tactful
and tactical word to perhaps broach the topic to avoid
avalanches, blockages and petrification of buried items
in the future. Or blame the suggestion on me.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry" wrote in message
I awakened from my Sunday afternoon siesta intending to tackle the kitchen
drawer again using some of the good tips you shared earlier, only to
discover that SWMBO got it open. Damn. I had my argument for why this
problem required the new Dewalt chop saw just about figured out.

When I built drawer cabinets here I added a panel (ceiling?) above drawers
so that cannot happen. WW

Posted to rec.woodworking

"WW" wrote in message
. ..

"Larry" wrote in message
I awakened from my Sunday afternoon siesta intending to tackle the kitchen
drawer again using some of the good tips you shared earlier, only to
discover that SWMBO got it open. Damn. I had my argument for why this
problem required the new Dewalt chop saw just about figured out.

When I built drawer cabinets here I added a panel (ceiling?) above drawers
so that cannot happen. WW

Typically referred to as "Dust Panels." I added them to the knitting chest
I made a few years ago to keep the knitting from getting caught up in the
drawers....

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message
m...

"WW" wrote in message
. ..

"Larry" wrote in message
I awakened from my Sunday afternoon siesta intending to tackle the
kitchen drawer again using some of the good tips you shared earlier, only
to discover that SWMBO got it open. Damn. I had my argument for why
this problem required the new Dewalt chop saw just about figured out.

When I built drawer cabinets here I added a panel (ceiling?) above
drawers so that cannot happen. WW

Typically referred to as "Dust Panels." I added them to the knitting
chest I made a few years ago to keep the knitting from getting caught up
in the drawers....

John

Thanks John. I did not know they had a name. WW

Posted to rec.woodworking

WW wrote:
wrote in message
I awakened from my Sunday afternoon siesta intending to tackle the kitchen
drawer again using some of the good tips you shared earlier, only to
discover that SWMBO got it open.

As you probably know, often times in order to fix something you've got
to be willing to risk breaking it! I suspect she applied that wisdom
(perhaps not in those words exactly...). She obviously just needed
something from that drawer and didn't appreciate the bureaucratic way
you were going about opening it! And heck, it's probably not like she
would be the one fixing it if it broke... Congrats on being able to
scratch that one off of your "to-do list".

Bill