Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Showcase photos

I uploaded a VERY small sample of works on display at Showcase this year to
ABPW... there were 525+ entries on display! This was our biggest show yet
as we added 5,000 sq ft of floor space, a lot more vendors, as well as the
usual full compliment of lectures and demos. I understand that Totally
Turning had a huge turnout also so I posted some turned items despite my
role as a flat boarder. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message
m...
I uploaded a VERY small sample of works on display at Showcase this year to
ABPW... there were 525+ entries on display! This was our biggest show yet
as we added 5,000 sq ft of floor space, a lot more vendors, as well as the
usual full compliment of lectures and demos. I understand that Totally
Turning had a huge turnout also so I posted some turned items despite my
role as a flat boarder. ;~)

There is some very fine work there, including yours John. Congratulations it
looks like a very successful show. I am dead impressed.

Tim W

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks!

I know all the entries were photographed but it is not clear to me whether
they are putting all of them on the web... if they do I'll post the URL!

"Tim W" wrote in message

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message
m...
I uploaded a VERY small sample of works on display at Showcase this year
to ABPW... there were 525+ entries on display! This was our biggest show
yet as we added 5,000 sq ft of floor space, a lot more vendors, as well as
the usual full compliment of lectures and demos. I understand that
Totally Turning had a huge turnout also so I posted some turned items
despite my role as a flat boarder. ;~)

There is some very fine work there, including yours John. Congratulations
it looks like a very successful show. I am dead impressed.

Tim W

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in
m:

I know all the entries were photographed but it is not clear to me
whether they are putting all of them on the web... if they do I'll
post the URL!

Please do! Wahr I saw looked great!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 29, 6:52*pm, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:

I uploaded a VERY small sample of works on display at Showcase this year to
ABPW... there were 525+ entries on display! *This was our biggest show yet
as we added 5,000 sq ft of floor space, a lot more vendors, as well as the
usual full compliment of lectures and demos. *I understand that Totally
Turning had a huge turnout also so I posted some turned items despite my
role as a flat boarder. ;~)

It was a good show. Here are a few more pictures for the collection.
Some dupes - seems we like the same sort of thing.
http://imgur.com/a/pCEqS/all

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning

wrote:

I uploaded a VERY small sample of works on display at Showcase this year
ABPW... there were 525+ entries on display! This was our biggest show yet
as we added 5,000 sq ft of floor space, a lot more vendors, as well as
the
usual full compliment of lectures and demos. I understand that Totally
Turning had a huge turnout also so I posted some turned items despite my
role as a flat boarder. ;~)

It was a good show. Here are a few more pictures for the collection.
Some dupes - seems we like the same sort of thing.
http://imgur.com/a/pCEqS/all

In my case I liked a LOT of the stuff! ;~)

I see you had Giles Gilson's "self cleaning coffee table" in your
collection... His shop is near my office and I spent an interesting
afternoon there one time... There is a lot of neat stuff on his web site
that you might enjoy.

http://www.gilesgilson.com/index.html

Giles is a friend of Steve Sherman's
http://www.shermanwoodturning.com/St...Site/HOME.html and Steve
introduced us about 4-5 years ago at a "mixed media" workshop. Steve
developed the Nano Revolution turning tools, e.g.,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_PHD..._order&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5T1y..._order&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNtlqBhmD1M

I think Steve runs his lathes at about 20,000 rpms... those videos are NOT
in fast motion.... he is fearless! LOL

John

Showcase projects John Grossbohlin Woodworking Plans and Photos 21 April 10th 08 12:31 PM
NWA Showcase... Brian Woodworking 1 March 27th 07 12:49 AM
Showcase 2007 John Grossbohlin Woodworking 0 March 3rd 07 12:18 AM
Woodworkers Showcase John Grossbohlin Woodworking 0 March 24th 06 01:08 AM
Woodworkers Showcase 1 more day! John Grossbohlin Woodworking 0 April 3rd 05 03:19 AM