Jim F

Default General 50-185L contractor saw setup

I just purchased the General 50-185 left tilt TS and am at the point
in the setup where I can now cut wood. I've adjusted, as best as I
could, the alignment of the motor pulley and arbor pulley. But when
running, I am feeling quite a bit of vibration. I can see the motor
bouncing/vibrating and the belt wobbling/vibrating which is the source
of the vibration in the saw. I can't figure out what could be causing
the motor and belt to be doing this. I'm considering installing a link
belt.

Any ideas on how I might reduce the vibration. Might the link belt
make a significant improvement?

Thanks,
Jim
Todd L

"Jim F" wrote in message
om...

Any ideas on how I might reduce the vibration. Might the link belt
make a significant improvement?

You bet it will. It reduced mine significantly. Get the performance package
from in-line industries. It comes with machined pulleys and link belt for
$50.00, free shipping.

Todd L

DIYGUY

I have a Delta CS and it drove me crazy with vibration. I was too cheap
to buy both the machined pulleys and a link belt. I decided to try a
link belt first, thinking I could always buy the pulleys if the belt
didn't work out. Well it worked out great and the problem was solved.
You won't regret it, even if it should turn out not to be the total
cure. Good luck ...