Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - we're not bad

In wandering around the web today, I ran across some posts to an old
newsgroup (not ww) now defunct. I was amazed at the invective. A couple
of the posters responded with all the profanity and obscenity they could
spew anytime anyone disagreed with them.

We've gotten into some pretty heated discussions here from time to time,
but it's rare for anyone to resort to personal insults, and I've never
seen responses as bad as those from that group.

So to all who have agreed with my off topic rants, and all who have not,
my thanks and congrats. Seems this group is pretty civil.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
In wandering around the web today, I ran across some posts to an old
newsgroup (not ww) now defunct. I was amazed at the invective. A couple
of the posters responded with all the profanity and obscenity they could
spew anytime anyone disagreed with them.

We've gotten into some pretty heated discussions here from time to time,
but it's rare for anyone to resort to personal insults, and I've never
seen responses as bad as those from that group.

So to all who have agreed with my off topic rants, and all who have not,
my thanks and congrats. Seems this group is pretty civil.

Flame wars. Firewalls were asbestos in those days.

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 00:39:29 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
wrote:

In wandering around the web today, I ran across some posts to an old
newsgroup (not ww) now defunct. I was amazed at the invective. A couple
of the posters responded with all the profanity and obscenity they could
spew anytime anyone disagreed with them.

We've gotten into some pretty heated discussions here from time to time,
but it's rare for anyone to resort to personal insults, and I've never
seen responses as bad as those from that group.

So to all who have agreed with my off topic rants, and all who have not,
my thanks and congrats. Seems this group is pretty civil.

You F'N STOOPID SOB! You don't know **** from Shinola (it's NOT a
town in Florida). How dare a dim-witted, DNA-challenged, F-nut like
you make such a determination! Go crawl back into the slimey,
scum-lined hole you came out of, and pull a rock in behind you to seal
off the stench. Read a book or two while you're in there, maybe learn
something.

Sheesh.

-TES
Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave In Texas wrote:

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
In wandering around the web today, I ran across some posts to an old
newsgroup (not ww) now defunct. I was amazed at the invective. A couple
of the posters responded with all the profanity and obscenity they could
spew anytime anyone disagreed with them.

We've gotten into some pretty heated discussions here from time to time,
but it's rare for anyone to resort to personal insults, and I've never
seen responses as bad as those from that group.

So to all who have agreed with my off topic rants, and all who have not,
my thanks and congrats. Seems this group is pretty civil.

Flame wars. Firewalls were asbestos in those days.

Dave in Houston

Well the civility lasted about as long as, well you know.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Man. 2010.1 Spring
KDE4.4
2.6.33.5-desktop-2mnb
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 13, 6:39*pm, Larry Blanchard wrote:
In wandering around the web today, I ran across some posts to an old
newsgroup (not ww) now defunct. *I was amazed at the invective. *A couple
of the posters responded with all the profanity and obscenity they could
spew anytime anyone disagreed with them.

We've gotten into some pretty heated discussions here from time to time,
but it's rare for anyone to resort to personal insults, and I've never
seen responses as bad as those from that group.

So to all who have agreed with my off topic rants, and all who have not,
my thanks and congrats. *Seems this group is pretty civil.

Dear Larry:
Is it just me, or are you talking about THIS group?

RonB

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 13, 10:11*pm, RonB wrote:

Dear Larry:
Is it just me, or are you talking about THIS group?

RonB

Apologies (and I am sincere).

I flip back and forth between here and rec.outdoors.rv-travel from
time-to-time. I honestly thought this post was from over there.

Yes, this is a very civil group.

(especially compared to them).

RonB

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/13/2011 10:13 PM, RonB wrote:
On Jan 13, 10:11 pm, wrote:

Dear Larry:
Is it just me, or are you talking about THIS group?

RonB

Apologies (and I am sincere).

I flip back and forth between here and rec.outdoors.rv-travel from
time-to-time. I honestly thought this post was from over there.

Yes, this is a very civil group.

(especially compared to them).

RonB

I will absolutely second that comment. I don't even post over in RORT
anymore. Doesn't make any sense to do so.

Robert Allison
New Braunfels, TX
Posted to rec.woodworking

You would have to work hard to get nastier than it gets on
alt.food.barbecue.

There are a couple of nut jobs that post such foul profanity over
there that they have pretty much killed the group. And they are proud
of it!

If you seasoning wood isn't what use, they blast you. Got a favorite
style of barbecue? Better hit the group bully's sweet spot. One of
those insane nut jobs actually volunteered to drive to my house and
kick my ass to show me how tough he was. What a temptation....

Worse, he is such a craven coward that he limits his posts to a 7 day
window at which time they disappear. To top that off, he is his own
sock puppet. If he posts something that no one responds to, he posts
under another name then fights with himself, using such descriptive
profanity it is ridiculous.

Between him and two others, that fine group of barbecuers has fallen
almost completely silent.

Overall, I am surprised at how active this group is, and for the most
part still a pleasant place to play.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 1:49*am, "
wrote:
[...]

All is well on The Wreck.....
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 7:18*am, Robatoy wrote:
On Jan 14, 1:49*am, "
wrote:

[...]

Mind you, we have a few who stand guard...
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...BigBadDawg.jpg

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Not my dawg, but I'm in love....
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

I hope it doesn't slip its leash, it could leave a nasty abrasion on some
ones ankle.

basilisk
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Now that is a cute puppydog! Looks kind of shy.

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Jan 14, 1:49 am, "
wrote:
[...]

Till summer and school let's out. LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Jan 14, 7:18*am, Robatoy wrote:
On Jan 14, 1:49*am, "
wrote:

--snippage--
Overall, I am surprised at how active this group is, and for the most
part still a pleasant place to play.

Robert

All is well on The Wreck.....

Mind you, we have a few who stand guard...
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...BigBadDawg.jpg

Speakin' of BBQ, that looks like it might be tender, once you cut the
bark out.

nomex=ON

--
A paranoid is someone who knows a little of what's going on.
-- William S. Burroughs

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Shy? Still waters run deep.....
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/14/2011 6:24 AM, Robatoy wrote:
On Jan 14, 7:18 am, wrote:
On Jan 14, 1:49 am,
All is well on The Wreck.....

Mind you, we have a few who stand guard...
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...BigBadDawg.jpg

Looks noisy.

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 7:18 am, *wrote:
On Jan 14, 1:49 am,
All is well on The Wreck.....

Mind you, we have a few who stand guard...
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...BigBadDawg.jpg

Looks noisy.

--
See Nad. *See Nad go. *Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/

Maybe there's a volume control next to the switch on the battery
compartment?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 7:18 am, *wrote:
On Jan 14, 1:49 am,
All is well on The Wreck.....

Mind you, we have a few who stand guard...
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...BigBadDawg.jpg

Looks noisy.

--
See Nad. *See Nad go. *Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/

I wonder if one were to take that huge clasp off if it could sit
upright.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 6:24*am, Robatoy wrote:

Mind you, we have a few who stand guard...http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...BigBadDawg.jpg

Hey... isn't that Pandybear? A real cutie, no doubt. If it is, you
should know she has a mean streak. I saw her give one of her sock toy
"what for" for a few minutes one time until she needed to see her
Daddy.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 1:19*pm, "
wrote:
On Jan 14, 6:24*am, Robatoy wrote:

Mind you, we have a few who stand guard...http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...BigBadDawg.jpg

Hey... isn't that Pandybear? *A real cutie, no doubt. *If it is, you
should know she has a mean streak. *I saw her give one of her sock toy
"what for" for a few minutes one time until she needed to see her
Daddy.

Robert

Mean like her daddy? LOL
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
Mind you, we have a few who stand guard...

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...BigBadDawg.jpg

Wouldn't want to mess with him, he looks vicious.
Nice dog, yours?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 1:51*pm, "CW" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

...Mind you, we have a few who stand guard...

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...BigBadDawg.jpg

Wouldn't want to mess with him, he looks vicious.
Nice dog, yours?

I wish.
But how does one scold a doggie like that after it microturds the
carpet?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message ...

We've gotten into some pretty heated discussions here from time to time,
but it's rare for anyone to resort to personal insults, and I've never
seen responses as bad as those from that group.

Online ranting and invective is mild compared to what some Usenet flame
warriors get up to. I've seen newsgroups where people came to loathe each
other so deeply they took it offline, found out where their opponents lived
and worked, threatened violence, contacted their family members and
employers, tried to get them in trouble with the cops, anything they could
think of to mess up someone they knew only as the other side of a flame war.
Some folks take some things just a bit too seriously.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/14/2011 6:25 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Mind you, we have a few who stand guard...http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...BigBadDawg.jpg

Not my dawg, but I'm in love....

: ) know the feeling ... the rest of the story:

http://picasaweb.google.com/karlcaillouet/PandiBelle#

And here's one for the grand-kid's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjTflXVqqOI

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 7:38*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 1/14/2011 6:25 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Mind you, we have a few who stand guard...http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...BigBadDawg.jpg

Not my dawg, but I'm in love....

: ) know the feeling ... the rest of the story:

http://picasaweb.google.com/karlcaillouet/PandiBelle#

And here's one for the grand-kid's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjTflXVqqOI

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlC@ (the obvious)

How DO you discipline a face like that?...(or can she do no wrong?)
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT -Anger Management [Was: we're not bad]

We're not so bad / flame war thread reminded me of this piece.

Dave in Houston

ANGER MANAGEMENT

When you occasionally have a really bad day, and you just need to take it
out on someone, don't take it out on someone you know, take it out on
someone you don't know.
I was sitting at my desk when I remembered a phone call I'd forgotten to
make. I found the number and dialed it.
A man answered, saying "Hello."
I politely said, "This is Chris. Could I please speak with Robin Carter?"
Suddenly the phone was slammed down on me. I couldn't believe that anyone
could be so rude.
I tracked down Robin's correct number and called her. I had transposed the
last two digits of her phone number. After hanging up with her, I decided
to call the 'wrong' number again. When the same guy answered the phone, I
yelled "You're an asshole!" and hung up.
I wrote his number down with the word 'asshole' next to it, and put it in my
desk drawer. Every couple of weeks, when I was paying bills or had a really
bad day, I'd call him up and yell, "You're an asshole!" It always cheered me
up.
When Caller ID came to our area, I thought my therapeutic 'asshole' calling
would have to stop. So, I called his number and said, "Hi, this is John
Smith from the telephone company. I'm calling to see if you're familiar
with our Caller ID Program?"
He yelled "NO!" and slammed down the phone.
I quickly called him back and said, "That's because you're an asshole!"
One day I was at the store, getting ready to pull into a parking spot. Some
guy in a black BMW cut me off and pulled into the spot I had patiently
waited for. I hit the horn and yelled that I'd been waiting for that spot.
The idiot ignored me. I noticed a "For Sale" sign in his car window, so I
wrote down his number.
A couple of days later, right after calling the first asshole (I had his
number on speed dial), I thought that I'd better call the BMW asshole, too.
I said, "Is this the man with the black BMW for sale?"
"Yes, it is."
"Can you tell me where I can see it?"
"Yes, I live at 1802 West 34th Street. It's a yellow house, and the car's
parked right out in front."
"What's your name?" I asked.
"My name is Don Hansen," he said.
"When's a good time to catch you, Don?"
"I'm home every evening after five."
"Listen, Don, can I tell you something?"
"Yes?"
"Don, you're an asshole." Then I hung up, and added his number to my speed
dial, too. Now, when I had a problem, I had two assholes to call.
But after several months of calling them, it wasn't as enjoyable as it used
to be. So, I came up with an idea. I called Asshole #1.
"Hello."
"You're an asshole!" (But I didn't hang up.)
"Are you still there?" he asked.
"Yeah," I said.
"Stop calling me," he screamed.
"Make me," I said.
"Who are you?" he asked.
"My name is Don Hansen."
"Yeah? Where do you live?"
"Asshole, I live at 1802 West 34th Street, a yellow house, with my black
Beamer parked in front."
He said, "I'm coming over right now, Don. And you had better start saying
your prayers."
I said, "Yeah, like I'm really scared, asshole."
Then I called Asshole #2.
"Hello?" he said.
"Hello, asshole," I said.
He yelled, "If I ever find out who you are..."
"You'll what?" I said.
"I'll kick your ass," he exclaimed.
I answered, "Well, asshole, here's your chance. I'm coming over right now."
Then I hung up and immediately called the police, saying that I lived at
1802 West 34th Street, and that I was on my way over there to kill my gay
lover.
Then I called Channel 13 News about the gang war going down on West 34th
Street.
I quickly got into my car and headed over to West 34th street. There I saw
two assholes beating the crap out of each other in front of six squad cars,
a police helicopter, and a news crew.
NOW I feel much better. Anger management really works.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave In Texas" wrote:

ANGER MANAGEMENT

snip

An oldie but goodie.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Dave In Texas" wrote:

ANGER MANAGEMENT

snip

An oldie but goodie.

I sent it to my wife and she liked it. So, you can be sure it's going
to make the rounds now! ...LOL

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 7:27*pm, Robatoy wrote:

How DO you discipline a face like that?...(or can she do no wrong?)

Surely you jest.... not that cute little mop. She is a sweetie.
Having seen Karl with her first hand I am sure that unless she did
something so completely terrible that is hasn't been thought of yet by
human beings..... she would be greeted with a chuckle.

BTW, Karl... I a surprised we (meaning me) didn't find her carefully
placed inside Kathy's travel bag while on the way home, and you guys
finding Kathy's clothes on the upstairs bed.

Kathy was pretty smitten with that little girl.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 15, 10:03*am, Swingman wrote:
On 1/15/2011 12:53 AM, wrote:

BTW, Karl... I a surprised we (meaning me) didn't find her carefully
placed inside Kathy's travel bag while on the way home, and you guys
finding Kathy's clothes on the upstairs bed.

Kathy was pretty smitten with that little girl.

It was apparent the feeling was mutual ...

your baggage was checked by the built-in scanner as you walked out the
door *

Obviously not a cat-scanner then?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/15/2011 9:48 AM, Angela Sekeris wrote:
On Jan 15, 10:03 am, wrote:
On 1/15/2011 12:53 AM, wrote:

BTW, Karl... I a surprised we (meaning me) didn't find her carefully
placed inside Kathy's travel bag while on the way home, and you guys
finding Kathy's clothes on the upstairs bed.

Kathy was pretty smitten with that little girl.

It was apparent the feeling was mutual ...

your baggage was checked by the built-in scanner as you walked out the
door

Obviously not a cat-scanner then?

Close ... unhappy cat tries to lure pup into the cold cruel outside
world, hoping pup will get lost and cat can have old life back.

Cat's are slick ....

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 3:26*pm, "DGDevin" wrote:
"Larry Blanchard" *wrote in ....
We've gotten into some pretty heated discussions here from time to time,
but it's rare for anyone to resort to personal insults, and I've never
seen responses as bad as those from that group.

Online ranting and invective is mild compared to what some Usenet flame
warriors get up to. *I've seen newsgroups where people came to loathe each
other so deeply they took it offline, found out where their opponents lived
and worked, threatened violence, contacted their family members and
employers, tried to get them in trouble with the cops, anything they could
think of to mess up someone they knew only as the other side of a flame war.
Some folks take some things just a bit too seriously.

I _said_ I was sorry! Sheesh.

Posted to rec.woodworking

sqwertz and kent?g

p e ter l_ u_ c_ a_ s

There're occasional cross posts between this group and that one. DO
NOT let that creep/troll in here.

-Zz
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 15, 1:28 pm, Zz Yzx wrote:
sqwertz and kent?g

p e ter l_ u_ c_ a_ s

There're occasional cross posts between this group and that one. DO
NOT let that creep/troll in here.

-Zz

You got it. And once they get going, there is no stopping them. They
work hard to out filth each other.

Then they turn on each other and really beat the crap out of one
another. It's almost a graveyard over there now as it got so
ridiculous no one wants to participate.

And there is NO way, NONE, NADA, ZERO possibility that you could ever
convince me that Sqwertz's mortal enemy Kent wasn't just him. Same
guy, different post style.

It shouldn't be lost that the two rarely post away from each other.
If one posts "the other" is usually right around the corner.

Seriously, there is something wrong with Steve. Or Squirts, Sqwerts,
Sqwertz, or "sw", depending on when he posts. I would guess he is an
alcoholic, and probably a bit of both.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

"RicodJour" wrote in message

I _said_ I was sorry! Sheesh.

Just wait 'til I get that new report to the FBI finished, you won't talk
them out of it like you did those wimps at the Secret Service!