Monty6819

Default Shopsmith Mark V Model 510 Miter Gauge

Does any other brand of miter gauge fit on the Mark V? Sorry for the
question but I want to get into woodworking and the Shopsmith I acquired if
missing the Miter Gauge. So need to know if I can only use a replacement
from Shopsmith or another brand.

Thanks

David Hall

Does any other brand of miter gauge fit on the Mark V? Sorry for the
question but I want to get into woodworking and the Shopsmith I acquired if
missing the Miter Gauge. So need to know if I can only use a replacement
from Shopsmith or another brand.

Thanks

Shopsmith's miter bars are not industry standard. They are a little less wide.
Thus a standard miter guage will not work. However, a number of miter guage
makers make a shopsmith version, including Incra. Further, there are almost
always at least one shopsmith miter guage on sale on ebay.

Dave Hall
Fred

"Monty6819" wrote in message
Does any other brand of miter gauge fit on the Mark V?

In addition to the obvious choice of ordering a new miter gauge from
Shopsmith, or the excellent suggestion of getting one at eBay, Shopsmith
does sell their bars alone, in case you already have a favorite miter gauge
that you might like to try and modify. But to your original question, Yes -
Incra sells their Model 2000 (I believe, that's the model #) specifically
setup for use on the Mark V. This is available directly from Shopsmith or
from Woodpeckers, and I would imagine most anybody else that deals in Incra
could order it in for you. Enjoy!

Fred Bearman
Port Huron, Michigan

Monty6819

Thank you all,
I had checked out eBay and Shopsmith so I knew about those locations but did
not know about the different size or that Incra sold a model for Shopsmith.

Now that I am aware of the different size I can shop around with a lot more
knowledge. Thank you for helping someone who is trying to get into
woodworking because I find it very relaxing and lots of fun..

Clyde