Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Adjustable Benches

These benches are expensive, but you can get the surface of your choice and
they are wheelchair accessible.

http://www.flameengineering.com/Benches_Custom.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 11, 10:03*pm, "Lobby Dosser" wrote:
These benches are expensive, but you can get the surface of your choice and
they are wheelchair accessible.

http://www.flameengineering.com/Benches_Custom.html

The benches on that site have 1/4" steel tops. I don't think that
would be very good for woodworking. I did not see anywhere you could
specify a wood top. But if going the custom route, I suppose it would
be possible.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Why not mount a butcher block top on the 1/4" steel yourself!
Then when it gets 'used' up - replace it.

Draftsmen do mount wood - something like a 4x7' board.

Or a 40" monitor and a cad package :-)

Martin

On 12/12/2010 1:07 PM, wrote:
On Dec 11, 10:03 pm, "Lobby wrote:
These benches are expensive, but you can get the surface of your choice and
they are wheelchair accessible.

http://www.flameengineering.com/Benches_Custom.html

The benches on that site have 1/4" steel tops. I don't think that
would be very good for woodworking. I did not see anywhere you could
specify a wood top. But if going the custom route, I suppose it would
be possible.

Posted to rec.woodworking

The adjustabench is also available.
But a U shaped support would be needed for moving a wheel chair in, or
mounting it to the floor.

On 12/11/2010 11:03 PM, Lobby Dosser wrote:
These benches are expensive, but you can get the surface of your choice
and they are wheelchair accessible.

http://www.flameengineering.com/Benches_Custom.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.adjustabench.com

On 12/11/2010 11:03 PM, Lobby Dosser wrote:
These benches are expensive, but you can get the surface of your choice
and they are wheelchair accessible.

http://www.flameengineering.com/Benches_Custom.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lobby Dosser wrote:
These benches are expensive, but you can get the surface of your
choice and they are wheelchair accessible.

http://www.flameengineering.com/Benches_Custom.html

Wouldn't it be easier to obtain cheaper, standard, benches and hire workers
of the correct height?

I read a story once about a publisher that installed robots to meander
around the warehouse plucking cases of books from shelves to complete a
bookstore's order. Due to a bidding flaw, the robots could reach only five
shelves. The warehouse had six shelves.

The company, Web Press, solved this issue by hiring midgets to ride around
atop the robots, thereby providing extra reach to the top shelves.

Problem solved!*

-------
* A new difficult arose resulting from this circumvention; the midgets kept
falling off the robots and getting run over. That was a separate problem,
however.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lobby Dosser wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
Lobby Dosser wrote:
[...]

The book went on to discuss the chief buyer for a large bookstore chain. She
was a 19-year old Vietnamese girl who was last year's California video-game
champion.

Here's how her job worked: Each book season (two per year), all the
publisher representatives would gather in an amphitheater at the chain's
headquarters and plug their laptops into jacks built into the seats. The
images of each book jacket would be piped to the basement where the
aforementioned buyer was viewing them on sixty video monitors.

As each book jacket appeared on the screen, the Vietnamese girl would
manipulate a joystick which would determine the chain's "buy" of the book.
The farther the buyer pushed the joystick, the greater the quantity
purchased.

The company mention earlier, Web Press, hired a controller. He determined
the company could save five cents per hundredweight on the glue used in
perfect bindings, i.e., paperbacks. While the company saved several dollars
per year, the new glue had a couple of defects.

At temperatures exceeding 100 degrees (which is often found in UPS trucks),
the glue would decompose, allowing all the pages in each book to come loose.
But this was not the biggest problem.

As part of the decomposition process, an hallucinogenic gas was released.
When the hippies in each bookstore's receiving department opened the cases,
the gas was released, causing the hippies to rip off their clothes and run
about the store screaming "French people are burning me with cigarettes!"

There's nothing scarier than a naked hippie!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 11, 10:03*pm, "Lobby Dosser" wrote:
These benches are expensive, but you can get the surface of your choice and
they are wheelchair accessible.

http://www.flameengineering.com/Benches_Custom.html

I designed an Adjustable Height Workbench specifically for
woodworking. It adjusts from 29" up to about 44". It also has a
built in mobile base. You can get plans through my website if you are
interested in building one. Check out www.Jack-Bench.com

Thanks,
Charlie

OT Pub garden benches John UK diy 6 September 13th 10 07:59 PM
Garden Benches (1/1) [email protected] Woodworking Plans and Photos 7 September 23rd 09 07:36 PM
Potting Benches [email protected] Woodworking 1 April 5th 08 12:26 AM
Adjustable Bed Mattress Find a Sale on Adjustable Bed Mattresses [email protected] Home Ownership 0 February 23rd 08 02:56 AM