Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: SOS Different Day

"Lake Effect Snow", AKA: "Lake Erie Snow Machine" has struck again.

The folks in upstate New York get hit first time this year.

Parts of the Thruway are a parking lot.

SOS, different day.

Time for some to get up on the roof and start shoveling.

Mean while, it's 72F outside my window, but the rains are coming.

I'll take it..

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default SOS Different Day

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Lake Effect Snow", AKA: "Lake Erie Snow Machine" has struck again.

The folks in upstate New York get hit first time this year.

Parts of the Thruway are a parking lot.

SOS, different day.

Time for some to get up on the roof and start shoveling.

Mean while, it's 72F outside my window, but the rains are coming.

I'll take it..

Nah - it was only a few feet. Not yet time to get on the roof.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/3/2010 4:12 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Central Europe is really getting hit hard with this global warming…

Daughter in UK sent me pictures of 3' of snow in Sheffield the past
couple of days.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 4, 9:46*am, Swingman wrote:
On 12/3/2010 4:12 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Central Europe is really getting hit hard with this global warming

Daughter in UK sent me pictures of 3' of snow in Sheffield the past
couple of days.

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlC@ (the obvious)

I exhibited some of my products at an audio show in Hammersmith, UK
and had the most incredible weather ever in The UK...in April, 1982. T-
shirt weather, blue sky, not a drop of rain for 10 days. My cohorts
tried to talk me into staying another week, but I had a commitment in
Toronto so I couldn't. When I got home, the tele was showing the pile-
ups of cars on the M4 due to heavy snow.
I couldn't even get through to my friends at Cambridge (to neener
them, of course) because the telephone lines were down. This all
happened within a period of 48 hours.
There are some serious winters on record in the UK. They say that they
started driving on the wrong side of the road during one of those
storms and were too stubborn to admit they messed it all up.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/4/2010 9:04 AM, Robatoy wrote:

The whole Global Warming hoax has been exposed as an evil attempt at
pushing us into even more tax brackets. That fat pig, Gulfstream
flying con-artist Al Gore is making millions off us by "booga-Booga-
ing" the weak minded.

Not any more ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Climate_Exchange

If there is a warming trend, it isn't because Rob is eating too many
beans.

Have more beans: http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/bast...urope-blog.asp

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:

"Lake Effect Snow", AKA: "Lake Erie Snow Machine" has struck again.

The folks in upstate New York get hit first time this year.

Parts of the Thruway are a parking lot.

SOS, different day.

Time for some to get up on the roof and start shoveling.

Mean while, it's 72F outside my window, but the rains are coming.

I'll take it..

Lew

Ayup, My snowblowing schedule for the past few days:

Thursday - 15 hrs.
Friday - 9 hr.
Saturday - 5 hr.

Two highlifts and stream of dump trucks started clearing my street, a
small two lane residential, at about 10 PM yesterday (Friday). They
finished about 2 PM today (Saturday).

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 4, 4:09*pm, Nova wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Lake Effect Snow", AKA: "Lake Erie Snow Machine" has struck again.

The folks in upstate New York get hit first time this year.

Parts of the Thruway are a parking lot.

SOS, different day.

Time for some to get up on the roof and start shoveling.

Mean while, it's 72F outside my window, but the rains are coming.

I'll take it..

Lew

Ayup, My snowblowing schedule for the past few days:

Thursday - 15 hrs.
Friday - 9 hr.
Saturday - 5 hr.

Two highlifts and stream of dump trucks started clearing my street, a
small two lane residential, at about 10 PM yesterday (Friday). *They
finished about 2 PM today (Saturday).

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

I know some people in Watertown, Jack... they say this is as much snow
as they have ever received. I recall them having a snowblower on top
of their roof one year.

http://tinyurl.com/2bcksph
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

I know some people in Watertown, Jack... they say this is as much snow
as they have ever received. I recall them having a snowblower on top
of their roof one year.

http://tinyurl.com/2bcksph

It's definitely not the most snow we've gotten but it's the wet, heavy
snow that sets like concrete.

The town of West Seneca is listed at 36". I live in South Buffalo and
although there is no offical reading they're now saying South Buffalo
was the hardest hit. The snow in my back yard before it compacted
slightly was even with the top of my 4" chain link fence.

If interested see the newspaper article at:

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article274182.ece

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 4, 4:57*pm, Nova wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

I know some people in Watertown, Jack... they say this is as much snow
as they have ever received. I recall them having a snowblower on top
of their roof one year.

http://tinyurl.com/2bcksph

It's definitely not the most snow we've gotten but it's the wet, heavy
snow that sets like concrete.

The town of West Seneca is listed at 36". *I live in South Buffalo and
although there is no offical reading they're now saying South Buffalo
was the hardest hit. *The snow in my back yard before it compacted
slightly was even with the top of my 4" chain link fence.

If interested see the newspaper article at:

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article274182.ece

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

I always enjoy people who don't quite get what the word 'lake' means
around here...
http://tinyurl.com/27ugshf
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 3, 2:30*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Lake Effect Snow", AKA: "Lake Erie Snow Machine" has struck again.

The folks in upstate New York get hit first time this year.

Parts of the Thruway are a parking lot.

SOS, different day.

Time for some to get up on the roof and start shoveling.

Mean while, it's 72F outside my window, but the rains are coming.

I'll take it..

Lew

Lew, Nova, etal,

We're originally from Jamestown, NY, and that's the reason we drag our
36' 5th wheeler to Longview, TX in the winter. Whatever happens here,
we don't have to SHOVEL IT!!!!!!! Our kids still live there, but they
say they've only had a 1 or 2" dusting so far, waiting to see if the
wind shifts.

We did get 6" last January, had to rake it off the awnings, but it was
gone the next day.

Norm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 4 Dec 2010 15:33:31 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/2bcksph

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article274182.ece

I always enjoy people who don't quite get what the word 'lake' means
around here...
http://tinyurl.com/27ugshf

All I can say is "Nuckin' Futs!" to people who continue to live in
that. Better you than me. I have _some_ semblance of sanity.

--
"Human nature itself is evermore an advocate for liberty.
There is also in human nature a resentment of injury, and
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/2bcksph

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article274182.ece

I always enjoy people who don't quite get what the word 'lake' means
around here...
http://tinyurl.com/27ugshf

All I can say is "Nuckin' Futs!" to people who continue to live in
that. Better you than me. I have _some_ semblance of sanity.

Larry, are you sure? This time of year I keep telling myself "Novak,
your $*#&!+? nuts!"

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

in 1484753 20101204 144619 Swingman wrote:
On 12/3/2010 4:12 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Central Europe is really getting hit hard with this global warming�

Daughter in UK sent me pictures of 3' of snow in Sheffield the past
couple of days.

I realise that one has to be extremely dim to be incapable of differentiating
between global climate and local weather, but surely there is a limit?
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bob Martin" wrote in message
in 1484753 20101204 144619 Swingman wrote:
On 12/3/2010 4:12 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Central Europe is really getting hit hard with this global warming�

Daughter in UK sent me pictures of 3' of snow in Sheffield the past
couple of days.

I realise that one has to be extremely dim to be incapable of
differentiating
between global climate and local weather, but surely there is a limit?

Do you know how one arrives at Global Climate?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bob Martin" wrote in message
Do you know how one arrives at Global Climate?

Bus?

Sounds good as long as you pack your snowshoes and your surfboard so you're
ready for anything.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/5/2010 1:36 AM, Bob Martin wrote:
in 1484753 20101204 144619 wrote:
On 12/3/2010 4:12 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Central Europe is really getting hit hard with this global warming�

Daughter in UK sent me pictures of 3' of snow in Sheffield the past
couple of days.

I realise that one has to be extremely dim to be incapable of differentiating
between global climate and local weather, but surely there is a limit?

Dimmer are those who are incapable of understanding that local weather
is the sole ingredient of which the climate of any region is composed,
and who color that warped comprehension with self-delusional, moral
superiority.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 5, 9:59*am, Swingman wrote:
On 12/5/2010 1:36 AM, Bob Martin wrote:

in 1484753 20101204 144619 *wrote:
On 12/3/2010 4:12 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Central Europe is really getting hit hard with this global warming

Daughter in UK sent me pictures of 3' of snow in Sheffield the past
couple of days.

I realise that one has to be extremely dim to be incapable of differentiating
between global climate and local weather, but surely there is a limit?

Dimmer are those who are incapable of understanding that local weather
is the sole ingredient of which the climate of any region is composed,
and who color that warped comprehension with self-delusional, moral
superiority.

Goes with the tofu, Prius and subscription to Alda & Begley Weekly.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 5, 12:01*pm, Angela Sekeris wrote:
On Dec 5, 9:59*am, Swingman wrote:

On 12/5/2010 1:36 AM, Bob Martin wrote:

in 1484753 20101204 144619 *wrote:
On 12/3/2010 4:12 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Central Europe is really getting hit hard with this global warming

Daughter in UK sent me pictures of 3' of snow in Sheffield the past
couple of days.

I realise that one has to be extremely dim to be incapable of differentiating
between global climate and local weather, but surely there is a limit?

Dimmer are those who are incapable of understanding that local weather
is the sole ingredient of which the climate of any region is composed,
and who color that warped comprehension with self-delusional, moral
superiority.

Goes with the tofu, Prius and subscription to Alda & Begley Weekly.

Ah yes, the Prius:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKTOyiKLARk
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/2bcksph

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article274182.ece

I always enjoy people who don't quite get what the word 'lake' means
around here...
http://tinyurl.com/27ugshf

All I can say is "Nuckin' Futs!" to people who continue to live in
that. Better you than me. I have _some_ semblance of sanity.

Larry, are you sure? This time of year I keep telling myself "Novak,
your $*#&!+? nuts!"

Sure about the former, wobbly on the latter.

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 00:08:33 -0800, "Lobby Dosser"
wrote:

"Bob Martin" wrote in message
in 1484753 20101204 144619 Swingman wrote:
On 12/3/2010 4:12 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Central Europe is really getting hit hard with this global warming�

Daughter in UK sent me pictures of 3' of snow in Sheffield the past
couple of days.

I realise that one has to be extremely dim to be incapable of
differentiating
between global climate and local weather, but surely there is a limit?

Do you know how one arrives at Global Climate?

"Take a right at New York, then straight on 'til morning." idden it?

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 09:11:54 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
wrote:

[...]

Curses. Foiled Again!

"The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few
minutes for the video to process. "

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/5/10 8:59 AM, Swingman wrote:

Dimmer are those who are incapable of understanding that local weather
is the sole ingredient of which the climate of any region is composed,
and who color that warped comprehension with self-delusional, moral
superiority.

If this were facebook, I'd hit, "Like." :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

The Pious generates far more smug, though.