Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Animate TurboCAD

Anyone know how to make animated clips from TurboCAD. The only way I
know how to do it is to move the piece of interest and safe the image
as a frame. Repeat X-number of frames.

I know animation labs plugin will do this but there must be a cheaper
alternative.

I've used something for SketchUp in the past that will make frames for
the entire drawing in rotation, but I only want to rotate one piece
while the rest of the drawing remains static.

How do you do it?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:53:24 -0800 (PST), GarageWoodworks
wrote:

Anyone know how to make animated clips from TurboCAD. The only way I
know how to do it is to move the piece of interest and safe the image
as a frame. Repeat X-number of frames.

I know animation labs plugin will do this but there must be a cheaper
alternative.

I've used something for SketchUp in the past that will make frames for
the entire drawing in rotation, but I only want to rotate one piece
while the rest of the drawing remains static.

How do you do it?

Hmm, TurboCAD, I bought a copy many years ago for $30, I think it was.
Not a good product at that point. But it has hung around, so I suppose
it got better. But at work I got assigned to the CAD support unit
where we used MicroStation, which at the time was a $4000 Unix
workstation/PC product that competed with AutoCAD. Still does that
today, but is no longer a Unix product and goes for more like $5000. I
never looked back at TurboCAD.

Anyway, could you use a macro to rotate your piece and save the image,
and repeat x times? Then find some tool that will combine those images
into an animation?