Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Heads Up

For those of you who need to update your collection of Nahm shirts,
LLBeam is offering 10% off online orders thru Friday and free
shipping.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2010-11-17, Lew Hodgett wrote:
For those of you who need to update your collection of Nahm shirts,

WTH is a Nahm shirt?

nb
Posted to rec.woodworking

"notbob" wrote:

WTH is a Nahm shirt?

Plaid.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
b.com...

For those of you who need to update your collection of Nahm shirts, LLBeam
is offering 10% off online orders thru Friday and free shipping.

Costco sells nice Field & Stream plaid shirts at a very reasonable price.
But if you're on the tall side make sure to get the tall model or the
sleeves end up too short after a trip through the dryer.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"ChairMan" wrote:

Ever worn a Carhartt?

----------------------
Can't say that I have.

Started with Lands End, then when they went CHEAP, moved on to L L
Bean for my chamois shirts and haven't looked back.

BTW, L L Bean chamois' are same price as Carhartt and not on closeout;
however, they are 7.5 oz.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"ChairMan" wrote:

Ever worn a Carhartt?

----------------------
Can't say that I have.

Started with Lands End, then when they went CHEAP, moved on to L L
Bean for my chamois shirts and haven't looked back.

BTW, L L Bean chamois' are same price as Carhartt and not on closeout;
however, they are 7.5 oz.

Lew

I tried them last year when looking for non plaid flannel, bought 1, then
shopped around and bought 4 more.
1 in each color
Damn fine shirt, triple stitched, and heavy, can't wait till it gets cold
enough to wear 'em.
Noticed the closeout, I sure hope there are not discontinuing them. just my
luck

Posted to rec.woodworking

ChairMan wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:
"ChairMan" wrote:

Ever worn a Carhartt?

----------------------
Can't say that I have.

Started with Lands End, then when they went CHEAP, moved on to L L
Bean for my chamois shirts and haven't looked back.

BTW, L L Bean chamois' are same price as Carhartt and not on
closeout; however, they are 7.5 oz.

Lew

I tried them last year when looking for non plaid flannel, bought 1,
then shopped around and bought 4 more.
1 in each color
Damn fine shirt, triple stitched, and heavy, can't wait till it gets
cold enough to wear 'em.
Noticed the closeout, I sure hope there are not discontinuing them.
just my luck

so... what did you experience in sizing? How about shrinkage in the dryer?
Any other experienced advice?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 17, 2:00*am, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"notbob" wrote:
WTH is a Nahm shirt?

Plaid.

Lew

BARBER:
I wanted to be... a lumberjack!

Leaping from tree to tree, as they float down the mighty rivers of
British Columbia. The Giant Redwood. The Larch. The Fir! The mighty
Scots Pine! The lofty flowering Cherry! The plucky little Apsen! The
limping Roo tree of Nigeria. The towering Wattle of Aldershot! The
Maidenhead Weeping Water Plant! The naughty Leicestershire Flashing
Oak! The flatulent Elm of West Ruislip! The Quercus Maximus Bamber
Gascoigni! The Epigillus! The Barter Hughius Greenus!

With my best buddy by my side, we'd sing! Sing! Sing!

[singing]
I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay.
I sleep all night and I work all day.

MOUNTIES:
He's a lumberjack, and he's okay.
He sleeps all night and he works all day.

BARBER:
I cut down trees. I eat my lunch.
I go to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays I go shoppin'
And have buttered scones for tea.

MOUNTIES:
He cuts down trees. He eats his lunch.
He goes to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays he goes shopping
And has buttered scones for tea.

He's a lumberjack, and he's okay.
He sleeps all night and he works all day.

BARBER:
I cut down trees. I skip and jump.
I like to press wild flowers.
I put on women's clothing
And hang around in bars.

MOUNTIES:
He cuts down trees. He skips and jumps.
He likes to press wild flowers.
He puts on women's clothing
And hangs around in bars?!

He's a lumberjack, and he's okay.
He sleeps all night and he works all day.

BARBER:
I cut down trees. I wear high heels,
Suspendies, and a bra.
I wish I'd been a girlie,
Just like my dear Papa.

MOUNTIES:
He cuts down trees. He wears high heels,
Suspendies, and a bra?!

[talking]
What's this? Wants to be a girlie?! Oh, My!
And I thought you were so rugged! Poofter!...

[singing]
He's a lumberjack, and he's okay.
He sleeps all night and he works all day.

He's a lumberjack, and he's okaaaaay.
He sleeps all night and he works all day.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 18:53:55 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
wrote:

On Nov 17, 2:00*am, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"notbob" wrote:
WTH is a Nahm shirt?

Plaid.

Lew

BARBER:
I wanted to be... a lumberjack!

The aural (oral? wink) version will tell the story even better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clPYfaTvHT0
and follow it up with this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKeQp...eature=related

--
Education is when you read the fine print.
Experience is what you get if you don't.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Nov 17, 2:00 am, "Lew wrote:
"notbob" wrote:
WTH is a Nahm shirt?

Plaid.

Lew

BARBER:
I wanted to be... a lumberjack!

The aural (oral?wink) version will tell the story even better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clPYfaTvHT0
and follow it up with this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKeQp...eature=related

Live at the Hollywood Bowel! What I wouldn't give to go back in time and be
there for that performance; it's my favorite!

--
"Here Sarge, let me show you a picture of my wife."
"Ah, she's a bit ugly though, isn't she Sir?"

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ever worn a Carhartt?
Damn fine shirt and warm, too. 8.5oz warmhttp://dungarees.net/product_Carhartt_S149_Heavyweight_Solid_Flannel_.. .

I bought a Carhartt Union Suit last year. Loved it.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Carha...t+union+sui t
Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike Marlow wrote:
ChairMan wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:
"ChairMan" wrote:

Ever worn a Carhartt?
----------------------
Can't say that I have.

Started with Lands End, then when they went CHEAP, moved on to L L
Bean for my chamois shirts and haven't looked back.

BTW, L L Bean chamois' are same price as Carhartt and not on
closeout; however, they are 7.5 oz.

Lew

I tried them last year when looking for non plaid flannel, bought 1,
then shopped around and bought 4 more.
1 in each color
Damn fine shirt, triple stitched, and heavy, can't wait till it gets
cold enough to wear 'em.
Noticed the closeout, I sure hope there are not discontinuing them.
just my luck

so... what did you experience in sizing?

XL fit me fine at 6'1 bout 225

How about shrinkage in the
dryer?

I don't dry 'em, I just hang 'em to dry

Any other experienced advice?\

They're very warm at 8.5 ozg

Posted to rec.woodworking

ChairMan wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
ChairMan wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Ever worn a Carhartt?
Damn fine shirt and warm, too. 8.5oz warm
http://dungarees.net/product_Carhart...out-771-2.html

ARGH!!!! Carhartt! You have to get past the break in period to
really appreciate anything by Carhartt.

the shirts don't have the break in period that their heavy canvas work
clothes do

What's this world coming to?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2010-11-18, ChairMan wrote:

Ever worn a Carhartt?
Damn fine shirt and warm, too. 8.5oz warm
http://dungarees.net/product_Carhart...out-771-2.html

Carhartt makes some good stuff, of that there can be no doubt. Ben
Davis also makes some tough, but comforatble, work clothes.

http://www.basicsclothing.com/bendavis

nb
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 08:04:24 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

ChairMan wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
ChairMan wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Ever worn a Carhartt?
Damn fine shirt and warm, too. 8.5oz warm
http://dungarees.net/product_Carhart...out-771-2.html

ARGH!!!! Carhartt! You have to get past the break in period to
really appreciate anything by Carhartt.

the shirts don't have the break in period that their heavy canvas work
clothes do

What's this world coming to?

Knit. Oops, I meant naught.

--
Education is when you read the fine print.
Experience is what you get if you don't.
-- Pete Seeger

Heads up: SBR now from CPC Tim W[_2_] UK diy 2 October 8th 09 02:19 PM
OT - BP Heads Up charlieb Woodworking 4 August 19th 08 12:11 AM
Thanks for the heads up TrailRat Woodworking 2 December 28th 05 02:33 PM
Heads up :( [email protected] Home Repair 14 October 16th 05 01:11 AM
Have the CBS heads gone mad? jim rozen Metalworking 2 September 17th 04 05:35 AM