Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Live Free or Die Antique Tool Auction

The auction in the subject line came to Indianapolis this
weekend--besides for taking absentee bids, it looks like they also visit
Avoca, NY and Nashua, NH which I believe is their home base. This was my
first visit.

They sold over 800 items today in less than 3 1/2 hours (fast).

Lots of quality items, mostly sold with quality prices. Due to their
"catalog" and absentee bids, many items started with "realistic" prices.
If I was selling, they would be high on my list. I decided maybe someday
I'll get a nice plow plane for the mantel, w/blades! An ivory marking
gauge fetched $2600, and small ivory "folding rule" $500. Bench planes
did not go cheap. Feeling a bit like a bottom feeder, I picked up 6
wooden molding planes for $35. I will learn from them, and they are a
nice memento. I'll check and see if I can make room for some of them on
the mantel...though my wife didn't share my enthusiasm when I suggested
it.

Bill

Live auction agne Metalworking 1 February 25th 08 07:20 PM
Live auction [email protected] Metalworking 0 December 6th 07 11:06 AM
Live auction [email protected] Metalworking 0 December 3rd 07 11:44 AM