Greg William

Default Spokeshave

I Just picked up a new blade for my Record Spokeshave.I see its ground at
about 25-30 deg out of the packet and it seems to be ok to shave radiata
pine but its not what you would call SHARP.

Do these normally come ground ready for use or should I hone another bevel
on it to try to get it sharper ?

TIA

George

They're all ready for use, but perhaps not for the use you intend.

Make yourself a wooden wedge with a bolt to hold that short sucker in place
as you hone, and you'll get consistency. Not sure how important the angle
or the "secondary" bevel is. I don't use one.