DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Graco ShotPro? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/310989-graco-shotpro.html)

Swingman October 1st 10 11:38 PM

Graco ShotPro?

Sounds too good to be true ...

Was talking to my paint contractor who did a small job for me today and
he just bought one for painting doors and other small jobs.

This guy is a very busy pro, and he only had good things to say about
the Sherwin Williams model.

He seemed to think it would work for shellac, but I notice on the flyer
that any solvents that are marked flammable are a no no, and that would
leave out alcohol.

Urethane seems to be quite doable.

Some interesting youtube videos, but anyone with any actual hands on?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

RicodJour October 2nd 10 02:18 AM

Graco ShotPro?

On Oct 1, 6:38*pm, Swingman wrote:
Sounds too good to be true ...

Was talking to my paint contractor who did a small job for me today and
he just bought one for painting doors and other small jobs.

This guy is a very busy pro, and he only had good things to say about
the Sherwin Williams model.

He seemed to think it would work for shellac, but I notice on the flyer
that any solvents that are marked flammable are a no no, and that would
leave out alcohol.

Urethane seems to be quite doable.

Some interesting youtube videos, but anyone with any actual hands on?

Some of these guys do:
http://www.painttalk.com/f12/graco-a...-proshot-9230/

It seems to be quite a polarizing tool. People who have never touched
one beating up on it - that sort of thing.