Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Does anybody have a recommendation for a paint sprayer?

busbus wrote:

: Any suggestions? People are telling me to look at Graco.

To expand on my other comment: Graco is excellent. I bought one
some years ago to paint the interior of a guesthouse (a smaller house we have on
our property). There's not much of a learning curve - I practiced for a few minutes on a large sheet of cardboard,
and then went at it. The main thing is getting the speed of how fast you move the gun right (I also recommnd the
extender wand, both for ceilings and for being able to paint a larger area with less body movement).
Last year Idid the outside of the same house.

You will need to (a) tape off things well, and (b) wear a respirator if you're doing it inside without a
lot of airflow to outside. I also recommend a lightweight Tyvek suit (around $10 from a medical and safety supply
store). But I could prime a largish room in something like ten minutes. it goes remarkably
fast once you're set up.

Follow the instructions for cleaning exactly, and you'll get years of use from one. The small unit
the X5, I think) is more than adequate for residential use.

-- Andy Barss

Does anybody have a recommendation for a paint sprayer? Bob La Londe[_5_] Woodworking 18 September 19th 10 02:08 AM
Does anybody have a recommendation for a paint sprayer? busbus Woodworking 0 September 14th 10 01:21 PM
Paint sprayer Dan[_13_] Home Repair 13 January 14th 10 01:08 PM
Paint sprayer & latex paint Adam Preble Home Repair 3 May 27th 06 01:57 PM
Paint sprayer Jim Mac Home Repair 2 June 4th 05 01:33 PM