DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Rough Cut (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/306979-rough-cut.html)

Swingman July 24th 10 09:54 PM

Rough Cut

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...odworking-show

Good to see ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Leon[_6_] July 24th 10 10:25 PM

Rough Cut

"Swingman" wrote in message

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...odworking-show

Good to see ...

Hope we get to see it in Houston.

Jack Stein July 25th 10 03:53 PM

Rough Cut

Leon wrote:
"Swingman" wrote in message
http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...odworking-show

Good to see ...

Hope we get to see it in Houston.

Couldn't find it in Pittsburgh on comcast but we just got Woodturning
Workshop, not to be confused with Woodturning Techniques that went away
some time ago...

--
Jack
Got Change: Now CHANGE IT BACK!

[email protected] July 25th 10 06:58 PM

Rough Cut

Couldn't find it in Pittsburgh on comcast but we just got Woodturning
Workshop, not to be confused with Woodturning Techniques that went away
some time ago...

Doesn't premiere until October.

MJ

Neil Brooks July 25th 10 07:03 PM

Rough Cut

On Jul 25, 11:58*am, "
wrote:
Couldn't find it in Pittsburgh on comcast but we just got Woodturning
Workshop, not to be confused with Woodturning Techniques that went away
some time ago...

Doesn't premiere until October.

MJ

BUT ... call your PBS affiliate and ASK them if they plan to carry it.

If they don't, then ... ask them if they might change their mind.

Seriously. Maybe they're on the fence ... and ... WOULD take a gamble
on the series, if only some of their locals chimed in.

I met Tommy and Eli, last month, and toured their shop ... and ...
talked ww with them, and ... talked a LOT about their upcoming show.

I think they've got a HUGE hit on their hands. It's a really good
blend of all that's been done before, PLUS ... a new direction that
should make most of us quite happy :-)

[email protected] July 25th 10 08:28 PM

Rough Cut

On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 11:03:50 -0700 (PDT), Neil Brooks
wrote:

On Jul 25, 11:58*am, "
wrote:
Couldn't find it in Pittsburgh on comcast but we just got Woodturning
Workshop, not to be confused with Woodturning Techniques that went away
some time ago...

Doesn't premiere until October.

MJ

BUT ... call your PBS affiliate and ASK them if they plan to carry it.

If they don't, then ... ask them if they might change their mind.

Seriously. Maybe they're on the fence ... and ... WOULD take a gamble
on the series, if only some of their locals chimed in.

I met Tommy and Eli, last month, and toured their shop ... and ...
talked ww with them, and ... talked a LOT about their upcoming show.

I think they've got a HUGE hit on their hands. It's a really good
blend of all that's been done before, PLUS ... a new direction that
should make most of us quite happy :-)

No PBS on Dish. :-(

Dan Coby July 25th 10 09:23 PM

Rough Cut

On 7/25/2010 12:28 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

I think they've got a HUGE hit on their hands. It's a really good
blend of all that's been done before, PLUS ... a new direction that
should make most of us quite happy :-)

No PBS on Dish. :-(

In So Cal I get several PBS stations on Dish including KCET, KOCE, KLCS,
and KVCR.

[email protected] July 25th 10 10:41 PM

Rough Cut

On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 13:23:37 -0700, Dan Coby wrote:

On 7/25/2010 12:28 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

I think they've got a HUGE hit on their hands. It's a really good
blend of all that's been done before, PLUS ... a new direction that
should make most of us quite happy :-)

No PBS on Dish. :-(

In So Cal I get several PBS stations on Dish including KCET, KOCE, KLCS,
and KVCR.

None here. My CBS, NBC, and Fox come our of SF or NYC (they dropped Atlanta
for NYC, for some reason). No PBS or ABC (wouldn't pay for it anyway).

Leon[_6_] July 26th 10 12:03 AM

Rough Cut

wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 11:03:50 -0700 (PDT), Neil Brooks
wrote:

On Jul 25, 11:58 am, "
wrote:
[...]

Direct TV dish has PBS. Are you on Dish Network?

[email protected] July 26th 10 02:08 AM

Rough Cut

On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 18:03:24 -0500, "Leon" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 11:03:50 -0700 (PDT), Neil Brooks
wrote:

On Jul 25, 11:58 am, "
wrote:
[...]

Dish Network.

Bruce July 31st 10 01:48 PM

Rough Cut

On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 19:08:43 -0600, zzzzzzzzzz wrote
(in article ):

wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 11:03:50 -0700 (PDT), Neil Brooks
wrote:

On Jul 25, 11:58 am, "
wrote:
[...]

From what I understand "Rough Cut" is put on by WGBH Boston (sound
familiar?). Our local PBS carries a few shows from this station and I'm
hoping they'll fill the previous occupant of this time slot with the new
show.
-Bruce