Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ridgid router combo

Bought one of these combos. I am very impressed with the fit and
finish. Runs smooth, gobs of power. Light enough for everyday on the
bench kind of work.
Helluva deal at 159 Canuckistani dollars.
Happy.

http://www.ridgid.com/Router/index.html
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 24, 12:49*pm, Robatoy wrote:
Bought one of these combos. I am very impressed with the fit and
finish. Runs smooth, gobs of power. Light enough for everyday on the
bench kind of work.
Helluva deal at 159 Canuckistani dollars.
Happy.

http://www.ridgid.com/Router/index.html

As I did with Harbor Freight, I am going into some of the Ridgid tools
with a lot of hesitation. I have bought four to date: 2 - 5" orbital
sanders, on 1/4 sheet rattle sander, and the 12V Li drill driver kit.

All have been great. The reason I bought two of the 5" orbitals is
that they have lifetime warranties on them, and when we get to
sanding.... well.... we can can a lumberyard of stuff doing prep. One
of 5" jobs has never had anything finer than 120 on it, and has spent
most if its life with 80g or even 60g. It is used for heavy paint
removal and sometimes runs for 10-15 minutes without stopping (doesn't
sound like much, but try it with the tool in hand!) and only turned
off to move the ladder or adjust material.

It has been almost too hot to hold more than a few times. That one
has been going for almost 6 years to date.

Pretty sturdy stuff.

Love that little 12v mini drill driver for my kitchen refits. Really
does charge in an hour, and it lasts a long time.

I hear their heavy duty corded drills are good, but no personal
experience with them.

BTW Rob, when you said you sold everything, you really meant
EVERYTHING, didn't you? =^0

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 24, 8:24*pm, "
wrote:

BTW Rob, when you said you sold everything, you really meant
EVERYTHING, didn't you? * =^0

I sure did. A turn-key business with everything including my
accountant.
That left me with some very basic home repair tools... hammer and
pliers... and a saw. (and I kept my cnc.)

But, I put aside a sum for a compact set of tools which would allow me
to build basic stuff in conjunction with my cnc.... mostly for our
house.
Of course there are some people who want me to build them stuff and I
have my first load of cherry arriving next week. A nice home
entertainment centre for a friend who allowed me a pretty decent
budget.
Two of my three daughters already own their own homes so there's lots
to be built for them..... and there will be grand kids. Either doll
houses or Harley Davidson rocking horses. I have some Frank Lloyd
Wright designs for the dollhouses (ok, kidding)

So yes, I am reassembling a kit.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Jul 24, 8:24 pm, "
wrote:

BTW Rob, when you said you sold everything, you really meant
EVERYTHING, didn't you? =^0

I sure did. A turn-key business with everything including my
accountant.
That left me with some very basic home repair tools... hammer and
pliers... and a saw. (and I kept my cnc.)

O M G ! YOU are FESTOOL-LESS. The S H A M E...... LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 25, 10:34*am, "Leon" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

On Jul 24, 8:24 pm, "
wrote:

BTW Rob, when you said you sold everything, you really meant
EVERYTHING, didn't you? =^0

*I sure did. A turn-key business with everything including my
accountant.
That left me with some very basic home repair tools... hammer and
pliers... and a saw. (and I kept my cnc.)

O M G ! * YOU are FESTOOL-LESS. *The S H A M E...... * LOL

I'm retired, dammit! What need do I have for a quiet, well-balanced,
two-mode, variable speed perfect sander? Huh? Then I'd need a serious
sucker, like the Turbo II Fein..or a CT22... okay....take me out of
this straight jacket, unlock the rubber room and I will buy just ONE
Rotex....
Denial is a bitch.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
Bought one of these combos. I am very impressed with the fit and
finish. Runs smooth, gobs of power. Light enough for everyday on the
bench kind of work.
Helluva deal at 159 Canuckistani dollars.
Happy.

It's very similar to the Hitachi router combo set in design and HP, which is
also a solid little piece of machinery, IMO.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 25, 11:54*am, "SBH" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Bought one of these combos. I am very impressed with the fit and
finish. Runs smooth, gobs of power. Light enough for everyday on the
bench kind of work.
Helluva deal at 159 Canuckistani dollars.
Happy.

It's very similar to the Hitachi router combo set in design and HP, which is
also a solid little piece of machinery, IMO.

Indeed. The similarities didn't go unnoticed.
I ran several ( All told 6) M12V's hard in solid surface work over the
last 8-9 years. We beat them up pretty good. Never did one break. Very
good routers and I have mentioned many times in here that they're the
best bang for the buck. Unfortunately, they're out of production.
Maybe the new ones are just as good, dunno.
The odd time I will need a brute, I will borrow one, but I don't think
I will be using anything bigger than the 2HP of the Ridgid. I really
like it because it is lighter than most reasonably priced midrange
routers.