DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   O/T: Leave it to the Krauts (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/306451-o-t-leave-krauts.html)

Lew Hodgett[_6_] July 14th 10 04:31 AM

O/T: Leave it to the Krauts

Somebody had to do it.

http://tinyurl.com/39xgkwc

Lew

J. Clarke July 14th 10 05:12 AM

O/T: Leave it to the Krauts

On 7/13/2010 11:31 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Somebody had to do it.

http://tinyurl.com/39xgkwc

What they don't say is how much of their energy they're just going to
buy from nuclear fueled France.

Lobby Dosser[_3_] July 14th 10 07:36 AM

Leave it to the Krauts

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Somebody had to do it.

http://tinyurl.com/39xgkwc

Lew

And the Brits - last paragraph.

Meanwhile we sit with thumbs up ...

HeyBub[_3_] July 14th 10 01:20 PM

Leave it to the Krauts

Lobby Dosser wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Somebody had to do it.

http://tinyurl.com/39xgkwc

Lew

And the Brits - last paragraph.

Meanwhile we sit with thumbs up ...

Whale oil is a renewable resource. So is wood.

J. Clarke July 14th 10 01:57 PM

Leave it to the Krauts

On 7/14/2010 8:20 AM, HeyBub wrote:
Lobby Dosser wrote:
"Lew wrote in message
Somebody had to do it.

http://tinyurl.com/39xgkwc

Lew

And the Brits - last paragraph.

Meanwhile we sit with thumbs up ...

Whale oil is a renewable resource. So is wood.

There's no "and the Brits". The quote in the last paragraph was from a
bunch of greenie airheads who can't even figure out how to run their own
compound on "alternative energy", let alone a country.

Gerald Ross[_3_] July 14th 10 05:30 PM

O/T: Leave it to the Krauts

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Somebody had to do it.

http://tinyurl.com/39xgkwc

Lew

They talk about "new jobs" but forgot to mention LOST jobs in the coal
and oil industries.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Ability is a good thing but stability
is even better.

Martin H. Eastburn July 15th 10 02:37 AM

Leave it to the Krauts

I wish them well - but am concerned with their massive solar array in Libya
All it takes is one bomb or a bad attitude and politics win for Libya.

I think they get free electricity - but not sure.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

Leon[_6_] July 15th 10 04:48 PM

Leave it to the Krauts

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Somebody had to do it.

http://tinyurl.com/39xgkwc

Lew

Kicking the fossil fuel habit. I wonder how they are going to make plastic.

Robatoy[_2_] July 15th 10 07:33 PM

Leave it to the Krauts

On Jul 15, 2:18*pm, "Josepi" wrote:
...and tires.

rail

Josepi[_12_] July 15th 10 11:13 PM

Leave it to the Krauts

Meanwhile they are removing all the rails here.

I guees you are in On,Ca, so you would know.

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Jul 15, 2:18 pm, "Josepi" wrote:
...and tires.

rail

Larry W July 15th 10 11:25 PM

Leave it to the Krauts

In article ,
Leon wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
. ..
Somebody had to do it.

http://tinyurl.com/39xgkwc

Lew

Kicking the fossil fuel habit. I wonder how they are going to make plastic.

I think the "fuel" word explains it.

Scott Lurndal July 16th 10 04:33 PM

Leave it to the Krauts

"Leon" writes:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
. ..
Somebody had to do it.

http://tinyurl.com/39xgkwc

Lew

Kicking the fossil fuel habit. I wonder how they are going to make plastic.

Thermal depolymerization of turkey guts.

scott