Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT just for fun.:-]D

Part of the G-8/G-20 Summit talks revolved around a new standard for
timekeeping, to bring us closer in line with new standards already
adopted in Europe and Asia. By October, 2012, North America will have
to adopt METRIC time standards and discontinue the old english system.
That’s right, soon we will have 10 hours in a day, 100 minutes in an
hour, and so on and so forth. What this means for us woodworkers is
that we can tool up for a new clock face design, with one- o’clock
thru 10- o’clock on the dial. This is going to be the hottest new
woodworking product, which for now the conversion is being kept secret
in anticipation of HUGE public resistance. All twelve-hour faces
manufactured in the last 400 years will be obsolete. This is only
phase one; a metric calendar with 10 months/year (and 10 days/week) is
also in the works…There will be severe penalties under the law for
violators, and anyone displaying the old 24-hour timepieces will be
subject to criminal prosecution. I’m bringing this up only as a
heads-up for woodworkers like myself looking for new product
lines….those metric battery-operated crystal quartz clock guts are
already available through the usual outlets…who again will be subject
to heavy fines if they are caught selling the old-style mechanisms.

the cast is made. the hook is set....:-D
enjoy your 4th of july festivities.

skeez
Posted to rec.woodworking

He who works by the inch,