DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sawmill (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/305038-sawmill.html)

woodstuff[_2_] June 18th 10 04:12 AM

Sawmill

Ok, this is something I can afford.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQhD3-TLank&NR=1

woodstuff

Andy Dingley June 18th 10 11:09 AM

Sawmill

On 18 June, 04:12, "woodstuff" wrote:
Ok, this is something I can afford.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQhD3-TLank&NR=1

Even a small commercial Wood-Mizer isn't that expensive second-hand.

If I had the space for it, I'd have had one of these a long time ago.
I first used one thinking it was for logging and timber framing, then
I started sawing veneers on it. Thick ones, but still wide, flat ones.

Jack Stein June 21st 10 06:17 PM

Sawmill

woodstuff wrote:
Ok, this is something I can afford.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQhD3-TLank&NR=1

Do you know how to weld? This guy afforded $500, not counting dumpster
diving. You probably would spend 4g's to buy a similar one already made
up.

--
Jack
ObamaCa If its not good enough for Congress, it's not good enough for