Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Looking for a "Hook"

Nice really.

But that isn't the issue.

There is a flange there. They connect flanges all of the time.
Unbolt. Bolt on the collection....

The issue is the high pressure and the gas. Expanding gas chills
and makes ice. A 6000' long pipe is heavy and not installable.
They are using hoses. Hoses can't handle the massive pressure of
expanding gas. I think once the new head is installed - flow will
limit the pressure to dynamic and not the massive static that is unleashing.

The unit seems to be able to control - but the side ports are partially
open - letting excess pressure to pour forth with gas and oil.

They have tried to drop them off line and take more, but ice is the issue.

They are talking about a larger design and better internal control.
Remember this one was a quick and dirty - after the big bell failed.

Have we heard anything why and what not about the preventer ?
Preventer failure is the real cause. Naturally the service company
should have investigated the explosions of previous days.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

On 6/8/2010 1:41 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Looking for a "Hook" to get past the lobby and close the sale.

(Typical of any salesman I guess.)

Trying to help my son, who has a idea how to plug the oil leak
in the Gulf of Mexico, find an audience with a "Player" within
either BP or the Coast Guard and wants this disaster resolved,
to review his concept.

The attached pdf explains his concept.

Neat, simple, direct and straight forward, but then again, I'm
prejudiced.

Anybody got any contacts or ideas?

Thanks.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote:

Nice really.

But that isn't the issue.

There is a flange there. They connect flanges all of the time.
Unbolt. Bolt on the collection....

snip

Time out.

This is strictly a force fit plug similar to driving a barrel bung in
with a sledge.

The idea is to stop the flow until the wells being drilled hit the
bore and it can be permanently plugged.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew,

My wife mentioned that the movie director, James Cameron is looking for
ideas that could help with this situation.

I don't know any contacts or anything, but it may be worth a try.

There should be a website or something somewhere.