Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
MAK

Default Arts and Crafts Style Window Treatments

Hello,
As a new member of this group, I'm looking forward to the threads
here. We have our master bedroom decorated in Mission Oak and are
looking to add some window treatments. Our primary considerations
are light (only 2 windows, but they both face East - not *our*
idea!), style (want to stay as close to traditional as possible), and
functionality (ease of use and maintenance, etc.)

So here are my questions:

1. What suggestions does anyone have on appropriate window
treatments, given these criteria? We're looking at both venetian
wood blinds and roman shades.

2. Does the slat width (wood blinds) or # folds (roman shades) have
a bearing on the Arts & Crafts or Mission style?

3. What about inside the frame vs. outside mounting of either?
Which would be more in keeping with the style? Which would eliminate
the most light? We have cranks on the windows - does that make a
difference? What affect would outside mounting have on how far out
curtains would go (I'd like to make some tab curtains). There's a
narrow aisle in front of one of the windows.

4. If we go with the wood blinds, would you recommend wide or narrow
slats? Light is the biggest consideration here, but also aesthetics.

Thanks in advance for your opinions on these!