Posted to rec.woodworking

Default bandsaw

#############

This is an 18" bandsaw that Matthias Wandel built from scratch.
He also has a video showing the bandsaw in operation.

http://woodgears.ca/bandsaw/build.html

http://woodgears.ca/links.html

http://woodgears.ca/

###############
Posted to rec.woodworking

he's the best!!!

shelly
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 28, 4:31*am, " wrote:
#############

Matthias Wandel

I wish I could buy one of his box joint jigs but I would prefre metal
or plastic gears. I think someone could market that thing if they went
into production.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
On Apr 28, 4:31 am, " wrote:
#############

Matthias Wandel

I wish I could buy one of his box joint jigs but I would prefre metal
or plastic gears. I think someone could market that thing if they went
into production.

There is another one out there, been around for years, that uses a screw
instead of gears. I'll try to find it again.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/29/2010 4:17 AM, CW wrote:
wrote in message
On Apr 28, 4:31 am, wrote:
#############

Matthias Wandel

I wish I could buy one of his box joint jigs but I would prefre metal
or plastic gears. I think someone could market that thing if they went
into production.

There is another one out there, been around for years, that uses a screw
instead of gears. I'll try to find it again.

He has one that uses a screw as well as the one that uses gears. And an
NC version of that one.

However the original Incra jig is 67 bucks from Rockler and does a fine
job as a positioner for box joints--it's actually happier on the table
saw where you have precise control of the cut width than on the router
table where you're at the mercy of the tolerances in router bit
dimensions.

Just a matter of making up an appropriate sled and adjusting your dado
width precisely.

how to use a bandsaw Hall Family Woodturning 7 August 30th 06 06:01 PM
Bandsaw Kevin B Woodworking 6 August 30th 06 04:20 PM
TuffTooth vs Timber Wolf bandsaw bandsaw comparision Paul Currie Woodworking 0 January 30th 06 11:17 PM
A Bandsaw Don Woodworking 13 March 5th 05 03:15 PM
Need an 18" bandsaw? BUB 209 Woodworking 9 February 8th 05 02:41 AM