Posted to rec.woodworking

Default G&G Indent Detail Video-HowTo

I am in the process of making a G&G raised dog food bowl holder (don’t
laugh). I was making the indent detail and thought I’d post a video of
the process. The jig I use in the video was made from scrap and is
extremely ugly – sorry.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 22:46:19 -0700 (PDT), GarageWoodworks
wrote:

I am in the process of making a G&G raised dog food bowl holder (don+IBk-t
laugh).

Either you've got a big dog that has an awkward time reaching his food
easily or you've got an arthritic dog that can't lean down very much.
Maybe it's a partial deterrent to a cat that's been stealing the dog's
food? The only other thing I can think of is a really pampered dog. Am
I close on one?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 01:59:21 -0400, Upscale
wrote:

Either you've got a big dog that has an awkward time reaching his food
easily or you've got an arthritic dog that can't lean down very much.
Maybe it's a partial deterrent to a cat that's been stealing the dog's
food? The only other thing I can think of is a really pampered dog. Am
I close on one?

On other consideration is a dog that knocks his food bowl everywhere
making a mess. A raised holder might prevent that.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
I am in the process of making a G&G raised dog food bowl holder (don+IBk-t
laugh).

Either you've got a big dog that has an awkward time reaching his food
easily or you've got an arthritic dog that can't lean down very much.
Maybe it's a partial deterrent to a cat that's been stealing the dog's
food? The only other thing I can think of is a really pampered dog. Am
I close on one?

Lol. Yeah, he's a pretty big dog. He's a mut, but we suspect he's
half German shepard and half Rotweiler. The best dog I've ever
owned!! Very obedient.

The feeder was my wife's idea and I was hesitant to make one, but what
the heck.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"GarageWoodworks" wrote in message
I am in the process of making a G&G raised dog food bowl holder (don’t
laugh). I was making the indent detail and thought I’d post a video of
the process. The jig I use in the video was made from scrap and is
extremely ugly – sorry.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php

Hey, it ain't ugly. It's got flutes! I never put flutes on any of my jigs.

Fine furniture for the dog? Does he appreciate it?

What next? A Green & Green 4 poster bed for the dog?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 18, 3:25*am, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
"GarageWoodworks" wrote in message

I am in the process of making a G&G raised dog food bowl holder (don’t
laugh). I was making the indent detail and thought I’d post a video of
the process. The jig I use in the video was made from scrap and is
extremely ugly – sorry.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php

Hey, it ain't ugly. It's got flutes! *I never put flutes on any of my jigs.

Fine furniture for the dog? *Does he appreciate it?

What next? *A Green & Green 4 poster bed for the dog?

You are a riot. I bet your jokes kill with the old ladies at bingo
night.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 18, 1:46*am, GarageWoodworks
wrote:
I am in the process of making a G&G raised dog food bowl holder (don’t
laugh). I was making the indent detail and thought I’d post a video of
the process. The jig I use in the video was made from scrap and is
extremely ugly – sorry.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php

Was that cherry ply to manufacture that jig? Sure looked it. I had to
make a dog bowl food and water holder for a ~large~ shepherd who
couldn't seem to eat or drink without a major spill of some sort.

RP
Posted to rec.woodworking

Nice easy jig with great results.
When are you posting the "Making a sweater and mittens for your dog video"
Sorry couldn't help it.

"GarageWoodworks" wrote in message
I am in the process of making a G&G raised dog food bowl holder (don’t
laugh). I was making the indent detail and thought I’d post a video of
the process. The jig I use in the video was made from scrap and is
extremely ugly – sorry.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/18/2010 1:52 AM, GarageWoodworks wrote:
On Apr 18, 2:42 am, Morris wrote:
On 4/18/2010 12:46 AM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

I am in the process of making a G&G raised dog food bowl holder (don t
laugh). I was making the indent detail and thought I d post a video of
the process. The jig I use in the video was made from scrap and is
extremely ugly sorry.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php

Interesting detail and jig - the indent would also have worked nicely on
a door chime enclosure...

Yes, I think you're right. The chime cover was rather plain looking.
Next chime, I mean time. :^)

Not plain-looking. "Simple" is a better description, and simplicity is
only a drawback when you're going for baroque.

I like the indent because it adds very much more to "interesting" than
it subtracts from "simple". IMO, that's a pretty good trick when- and
however it can be managed.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Morris Dovey wrote:
On 4/18/2010 1:52 AM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

Yes, I think you're right. The chime cover was rather plain looking.
Next chime, I mean time. :^)

Not plain-looking. "Simple" is a better description, and simplicity is
only a drawback when you're going for baroque.

I like the indent because it adds very much more to "interesting" than
it subtracts from "simple". IMO, that's a pretty good trick when- and
however it can be managed.

The only real comment/complaint I'd make is that it seems bulky to my
eye...thinning down the pieces significantly would, I think, be a good
alteration...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2010-04-18 01:46:19 -0400, GarageWoodworks
said:

I am in the process of making a G&G raised dog food bowl holder (dont
laugh).

Not laughing -- but could you repeat the name and author of the book
for those of us slow-of-listening?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2010-04-18 01:46:19 -0400, GarageWoodworks
said:

I am in the process of making a G&G raised dog food bowl holder (don’t
laugh).

Not laughing -- but could you repeat the name and author of the book
for those of us slow-of-listening?

http://www.amazon.com/Greene-Design-.../dp/0941936961
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2010-04-18 23:25:02 -0400, GarageWoodworks
said:

ot laughing -- but could you repeat the name and author of the book
for those of us slow-of-listening?

http://www.amazon.com/Greene-Design-.../dp/0941936961

Good -- that's the one I got reserved on inter-library loan!