Posted to rec.woodworking

Default HF pin nailer - good/bad?

Was in the"Chinese-Political-Prisoner-Tool-Company" aka Harbor Freight
earlier this evening. Saw a 23ga pneumatic pin nailer for sale
(http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?
Itemnumber=97526). Looks like a decent buy for $25, but is it? Does
anyone have one of these, and what are your experiences?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 15, 6:36*pm, lektric dan wrote:
Was in the"Chinese-Political-Prisoner-Tool-Company" aka Harbor Freight
earlier this evening. *Saw a 23ga pneumatic pin nailer for sale
(http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?
Itemnumber=97526). *Looks like a decent buy for $25, but is it? *Does
anyone have one of these, and what are your experiences?

Got it.

Works just fine.

I bought mine, based largely on a bit of internet research that led me
to conclude that ... quite a few people love theirs, too!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 15, 9:42*pm, Neil Brooks wrote:
On Apr 15, 6:36*pm, lektric dan wrote:

Was in the"Chinese-Political-Prisoner-Tool-Company" aka Harbor Freight
earlier this evening. *Saw a 23ga pneumatic pin nailer for sale
(http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?
Itemnumber=97526). *Looks like a decent buy for $25, but is it? *Does
anyone have one of these, and what are your experiences?

Got it.

Works just fine.

I bought mine, based largely on a bit of internet research that led me
to conclude that ... quite a few people love theirs, too!

Don't have that one but I have owned one of their 18 ga nailers for
years (about $20 on sale). It is backup for my Porter Cable and I
can't wear either one of them out.

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking

lektric dan wrote:
Was in the"Chinese-Political-Prisoner-Tool-Company" aka Harbor Freight
earlier this evening. Saw a 23ga pneumatic pin nailer for sale
(http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?
Itemnumber=97526). Looks like a decent buy for $25, but is it? Does
anyone have one of these, and what are your experiences?

It's only $20 with their current 20% off coupon.

I've had one of their (similar) brad nailers for a couple of years. Works
dependably. Every time. I'd buy another in a hearbeat but I'll probably
never have a need to do so.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"lektric dan" wrote in message
Was in the"Chinese-Political-Prisoner-Tool-Company" aka Harbor Freight
earlier this evening. Saw a 23ga pneumatic pin nailer for sale
(http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?
Itemnumber=97526). Looks like a decent buy for $25, but is it? Does
anyone have one of these, and what are your experiences?

I use a Grex that cost me about $200 and I am very happy with it.

If the $20 HF models works for you it is a great deal, if you hate it you
are only out $20.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/16/10 10:23 PM, Leon wrote:
"lektric wrote in message
Was in the"Chinese-Political-Prisoner-Tool-Company" aka Harbor Freight
earlier this evening. Saw a 23ga pneumatic pin nailer for sale
(http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?
Itemnumber=97526). Looks like a decent buy for $25, but is it? Does
anyone have one of these, and what are your experiences?

I use a Grex that cost me about $200 and I am very happy with it.

If the $20 HF models works for you it is a great deal, if you hate it you
are only out $20.

No, you're not. HF has a 100% satisfaction 90 day return policy.

I suppose it could take some people longer than 90 days to decide they
hate it. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

Edward A. Falk wrote:
In article ,
HeyBub wrote:
lektric dan wrote:
Was in the"Chinese-Political-Prisoner-Tool-Company" aka Harbor
Freight earlier this evening. Saw a 23ga pneumatic pin nailer for
sale (http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?
Itemnumber=97526). Looks like a decent buy for $25, but is it?
Does anyone have one of these, and what are your experiences?

It's only $20 with their current 20% off coupon.

OK, I'm in. Where can I find this coupon?

Google is (usually) your friend. "Harbor+Freight+Coupon" yields several
results. This is the first one:

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...e=magurl3.html

Don't forget the free flashlight.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I, too, have the HF 23 ga pin nailer. Works great, has had a lot of
use, so far no jams.

Kevin