Jim & Sharon

Default dining table

I have plans for a dining room table but i need to adapt it so that a leaf
can be added to the center of it when needed. I found runners in the
rockler catologe that will work on a fixed aprin table, Is it as easy as
cutting the top in half and adding runners to the plan? What other
considerations am i forgeting?

The top needs to separate fairly easy because the owner has a disability in
one arm that limits her use of it.

thanks Jimmy

Pop Rivet

Just a newbie's opinion: I duplicated a table once in Chgo and the table
was made to full size and then the leaves cut out from it; there were three
leaves. That way you could assemble the leaves so the grains all matched
up, meaning also that color, tint, shade, imperfections, etc. all matched up
as in the pre-cut piece, plus of course the fit almost perfectly. I say
almost because I got a blade-bounce in one leaf and had to sand it, creating
a noticeable problem with the edge-meets.
I think the right way though is to plane the pieces so the edges can all
be perfect - I didn't/don't have the luxury of planers/shapers etc..

Pop

m...

Re-varnish dining table Badger UK diy 1 May 29th 04 06:21 PM
General International Table Saw Dimensions Bruce Woodworking 8 February 22nd 04 04:53 AM
Build or Buy Dining Room Table? Shawn Woodworking 8 January 16th 04 09:13 PM
Help! Sun damage & plastic tarp melted onto dining room table Emily Woodworking 2 October 12th 03 07:31 AM