Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Protective stripping on cut composite board

I need to cut away some material on a vert side board to ease access
to an air bed in a water bed style containment enclosure. This will
expose the rough composite board and the user to friction, chaffing,
etc. I think there's some sort of stripping, attached either
mechanically or by adhesive, that will cover this exposed material. I
would appreciate if someone could provide a name/brand/type of this
protective stripping. Thank you.

nb
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 8, 6:08*am, notbob wrote:
I need to cut away some material on a vert side board to ease access
to an air bed in a water bed style containment enclosure. *This will
expose the rough composite board and the user to friction, chaffing,
etc. *I think there's some sort of stripping, attached either
mechanically or by adhesive, that will cover this exposed material. *I
would appreciate if someone could provide a name/brand/type of this
protective stripping. *Thank you.

nb

What is on it now? How are you going to cut it? What are the
dimensions?

Allen
Posted to rec.woodworking

would appreciate if someone could provide a name/brand/type of this
protective stripping. *Thank you.

nb

I believe they call it Duct Tape.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"dadiOH" wrote in message
notbob wrote:
I need to cut away some material on a vert side board to ease access
to an air bed in a water bed style containment enclosure. This will
expose the rough composite board and the user to friction, chaffing,
etc. I think there's some sort of stripping, attached either
mechanically or by adhesive, that will cover this exposed material. I
would appreciate if someone could provide a name/brand/type of this
protective stripping. Thank you.

I don't know what type of frame you have, but I have built a small platform
and put it on the bottom of the waterbed frame. Some two by stock with some
plywood on top will do it. Just something to elevate the air mattress. It is
easier and less messy then tearing into the waterbed frame itself.

I sleep on such an arrangement myself. The waterbed frame is very nice and
I wouldn't want to touch it.