Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT Hi everybody (Thanks Lew)

Thanks Lew, for pointing me to astraweb...
I haven't had news server access since leaving Florida for Tennessee and
I've really missed the "Wreck".
It was a sight for sore eyes to log on and see so many familiar names!
I gather that alt.binaries.pictures.furniture is a collection of non
woodworking posts, but see names I know in a.b.p.woodworking; that's a
shame.
Long story made short: My dream of coming here to retire to my woodshop
wasn't possible due to the bursting real estate bubble (Wanna buy a place in
FloridaG?).
And I went from a 30X36' shop to a 20X22' Quonset hut type metal building.
(And living space 1/2 of what I left). I do like Tennessee though.
I brought my tools up, and some of my horde of wood (I sold most before
leaving).
It is a good thing most everything was on wheels of one kind or another, but
have added wheels to everything now since it is necessary to roll out stuff
to do most anything except turn around!
I haven't done as much woodworking as I'd like, since weather plays a major
factor in whether I can move things out of the way... I have completed a
window bench seat I'll put a picture up on abpw, later.
Gee, it's good to come back!
Darn, I wasn't paying attention and posted this to abpw first Windows 7 and
Live mail take some getting used to!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom B wrote:
Thanks Lew, for pointing me to astraweb...
I haven't had news server access since leaving Florida for Tennessee and
I've really missed the "Wreck".

Tom where in Tennessee?

--
All the Best
Dale Miller

Registered Linux User: #317401
Linux since June 2003
Ubuntu User #26423

(cut the spam to reply)

VOTE TO REBUILD!
www.twintowersalliance.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

And I went from a 30X36' shop to a 20X22' Quonset hut type metal building.

Try wooddorking in a shop 9' X 19'.

It's like the old adage: "I used to cry because I had no shoes, then I
met a man who had no feet."

Or Ted Turner's version: "I used to cry because I had no TV network,
then I met a man who had no sports franchise".

But welcome back.

-Zz
Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom B wrote:
Thanks Lew, for pointing me to astraweb...
I haven't had news server access since leaving Florida for Tennessee and
I've really missed the "Wreck".

Tom where in Tennessee?

Cookeville here...
If you were in the Twin Lakes Telephone district
you could get newsgroups again...oh well

--
All the Best
Dale Miller
Tennessee
ASP since February 2005

Registered Linux User: #317401
Linux since June 2003
Ubuntu User #26423

(cut the spam to reply)

VOTE TO REBUILD!
www.twintowersalliance.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

I'm gonna look it up on the map, just to see where you are... I did get a
subscription for $25 that should meet my needs for a long time to come.
It's great to "see" y'all again!
Tom