Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: King of the Wild Frontier

Davy, Davy Crockett, king of the wild frontier.

The king is gone.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 18, 8:03*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Davy, Davy Crockett, king of the wild frontier.

The king is gone.

Lew

What a shame. I was sure a fan when I was a kiddo.

He was one of the few that Hwood turned out that seemed to be a real
honest "guy", a hard worker and a gentleman. It's always a sad day
when you lose someone like that on this Earth.

I hope they buried him in a coonskin cap. Unlike many actors, he
embraced the role that defined him, and had a lot of fun (and made a
lot of money!) with the characters.

He was a HUGE hit here in San Antonio when he came to Texas 5 -6 years
ago and presented the Alamo (The Daughters of the Republic of Texas)
with an authentic, flintlock rifle in memory of the Alamo defenders.

Don't make 'em like that anymore.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
On Mar 18, 8:03 pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Davy, Davy Crockett, king of the wild frontier.

The king is gone.

Fes Parker died?

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave In Texas" wrote:

Fes Parker died?

On his wife's 84th birthday.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/18/2010 10:42 PM, Dave In Texas wrote:

wrote in message
On Mar 18, 8:03 pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Davy, Davy Crockett, king of the wild frontier.

The king is gone.

Fes Parker died?

Yep. He had a good run though.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
On Mar 18, 8:03 pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Davy, Davy Crockett, king of the wild frontier.

The king is gone.

Fes Parker died?

Yep. He had a good run though.

Damn.
Not more than a month ago I sent one of the Disney/Fes Parker/Davey
Crockett DVDs to a childhood friend of mine. It was a joke gift but 50
years ago that friend and I were all about Davey Crockett and the Alamo and
such.
Damn.

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
On Mar 18, 8:03 pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Davy, Davy Crockett, king of the wild frontier.

The king is gone.

Fes Parker died?

Yep. He had a good run though.

Damn.
Not more than a month ago I sent one of the Disney/Fes Parker/Davey
Crockett DVDs to a childhood friend of mine. It was a joke gift but 50
years ago that friend and I were all about Davey Crockett and the Alamo
and such.
Damn.

Dave in Houston

Back when there were only 3 channels on the TV, Disney and Davey ruled
Sunday nights. Every kid was singin' the Davey Crockett song. The naivety of
growing up with Davey Crockett and "Leave it to Beaver" morals was
something, life was simpler then.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Back when I had to be experimented on by the Feds - first version
of polio shots - the famous "Monkey Blood" shots - San Diego
The whole school was bussed downtown to a warehouse.

After the scare of my life, we left looking for the bus line to
take us back. - Mom had to be with older sister and I for legal
purposes.

I got my 'coon' skin hat and still have that baby.
It was rabbit but heck - it looked good. Davy Crockett.

Those days were simple compared to todays.

Martin

wrote in message
On Mar 18, 8:03 pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Davy, Davy Crockett, king of the wild frontier.

The king is gone.
Fes Parker died?
Yep. He had a good run though.

Damn.
Not more than a month ago I sent one of the Disney/Fes Parker/Davey
Crockett DVDs to a childhood friend of mine. It was a joke gift but 50
years ago that friend and I were all about Davey Crockett and the Alamo
and such.
Damn.

Dave in Houston

Back when there were only 3 channels on the TV, Disney and Davey ruled
Sunday nights. Every kid was singin' the Davey Crockett song. The naivety of
growing up with Davey Crockett and "Leave it to Beaver" morals was
something, life was simpler then.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
On Mar 18, 8:03 pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Davy, Davy Crockett, king of the wild frontier.

The king is gone.

Fes Parker died?

Yep. He had a good run though.

With Merlin Olson, who will be #3?

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
On Mar 18, 8:03 pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Davy, Davy Crockett, king of the wild frontier.

The king is gone.

Fes Parker died?

Yep. He had a good run though.

With Merlin Olson, who will be #3?

Robert White. X-15 pilot. First man through Mach 4, 5, and 6. First man in
space on wings. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Michael_White

-- Doug

Posted to rec.woodworking

Douglas Johnson wrote:

wrote in message

On Mar 18, 8:03 pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Davy, Davy Crockett, king of the wild frontier.

The king is gone.

Fes Parker died?

Yep. He had a good run though.

With Merlin Olson, who will be #3?

Robert White. X-15 pilot. First man through Mach 4, 5, and 6. First man
in
space on wings.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Michael_White

-- Doug

Distinguished career doesn't seem to quite do it justice, does it?

Rob Leatham