Posted to rec.woodworking

Default DJ-20 blade placement

I'm reading the owner's manual to set the blades and wondering if
anyone has any tips to make this task easier. The Magna-set looks
like a nice tool, but trying to spend less money if possible.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/31/2010 2:28 PM, Phisherman wrote:
I'm reading the owner's manual to set the blades and wondering if
anyone has any tips to make this task easier. The Magna-set looks
like a nice tool, but trying to spend less money if possible.

http://www.finewoodworking.com/FWNPDF/011142038.pdf
http://www.finewoodworking.com/ToolG...e.aspx?id=5294

A shop made magnetic jig to set the blades. The video shows the use.

This is one of the best treatises on doing so I've seen ... worth the
price of admission.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:28:11 -0500, Phisherman
wrote:

I'm reading the owner's manual to set the blades and wondering if
anyone has any tips to make this task easier. The Magna-set looks
like a nice tool, but trying to spend less money if possible.

Thanks for the responses. I completed the blade replacement. The
dial indicator and magnetic base worked great at setting the blades to
the same height as the outfeed table. The Fine Woodworking articles
had some good tips.