Posted to rec.woodworking

Default More noise about climate

On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 09:24:37 -0600, the infamous Swingman
scrawled the following:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/denial

Bloody 'ell. Spewed all over the monitor and keyboard when I saw that
mag cover wif a nekkid al on it. And the polar bears were cracking up
so hard, they spewed on the _inside_ of the monitor.

Blast you, Swingy! Prepare us, will ya?

I'm halfway through and consider it a good article.

--
There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits
to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/10/2010 5:26 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 09:24:37 -0600, the infamous Swingman

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/denial

Bloody 'ell. Spewed all over the monitor and keyboard when I saw that
mag cover wif a nekkid al on it. And the polar bears were cracking up
so hard, they spewed on the _inside_ of the monitor.

Blast you, Swingy! Prepare us, will ya?

I'm halfway through and consider it a good article.

LOL ... I thought the caricature of Big Al was worth the click.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

And here is what the IPCC is saying now:

http://www.accuweather.com/video/289...al-cooling.asp

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 07:30:47 -0600, the infamous Swingman
scrawled the following:

And here is what the IPCC is saying now:

http://www.accuweather.com/video/289...al-cooling.asp

Katie says "...that nature may be more responsible for climate changes
than man. What a novel thought!" Understatement of the decade.

But the True Believers in AGWK continue on, unhindered by reality.

--
There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits
to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder.
-- Ronald Reagan
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

And here is what the IPCC is saying now:

http://www.accuweather.com/video/289...al-cooling.asp

but, but, but - what happened to the hockey stick? This guys asking to
be kicked out of the club...

Posted to rec.woodworking

That guy left in disgrace. He was sold on an idea and proved it
with false data that he knew was false. He was found out and was
forced to resign.

People get into a mode and buy into something only to find it blowing up
in their face.

In the late 60's a like problem - plate tectonics. Some believed and others
po poohed it so badly they lost face when it proved out. Now it is on the
news from time to time after earthquakes or volcano blowing their top.

All it takes is a few senior members to write under a common theme and
a stampede is started to absorb honor and knowledge. Lemmings running
for the edge only sometimes the edge is a slope that leads to the heights.

Martin