DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mounting support post for wall-mounted countertop. (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/296912-mounting-support-post-wall-mounted-countertop.html)

Robatoid January 25th 10 08:33 PM

Mounting support post for wall-mounted countertop.

This can be a bit tricky but with help it can be done.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...lstability.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...alpressure.jpg

Limp Arbor January 26th 10 12:21 PM

On Jan 25, 3:33*pm, Robatoid wrote:
This can be a bit tricky but with help it can be done.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...alpressure.jpg

That looks like it may work for an upcoming project I have in mind but
before I attempt to mount I'd like a better view of the bottom.

Do you just start screwing when you are ready to mount?
Is lubrication required to insert the shaft?
Most importantly, how much does something like that cost?

Robatoy[_2_] January 26th 10 07:01 PM

On Jan 26, 7:21*am, Limp Arbor wrote:
On Jan 25, 3:33*pm, Robatoid wrote:

This can be a bit tricky but with help it can be done.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...lstability.jpg...

That looks like it may work for an upcoming project I have in mind but
before I attempt to mount I'd like a better view of the bottom.

Do you just start screwing when you are ready to mount?
Is lubrication required to insert the shaft?
Most importantly, how much does something like that cost?

Uh-oh... are you suggesting something sexual here? This is a
woodworking/politics newsgroup. Shame on you!
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
*smirk*

Upscale January 26th 10 07:20 PM

Mounting support post for wall-mounted countertop.

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:01:25 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
Do you just start screwing when you are ready to mount?
Is lubrication required to insert the shaft?
Most importantly, how much does something like that cost?

Uh-oh... are you suggesting something sexual here? This is a
woodworking/politics newsgroup. Shame on you!

Doesn't sound very sexual to me. I think he's just expounding on the
least costly method to mount a tool into properly lubricated,
accepting orifice.

Robatoy[_2_] January 27th 10 12:15 AM

On Jan 26, 2:20*pm, Upscale wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:01:25 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

Do you just start screwing when you are ready to mount?
Is lubrication required to insert the shaft?
Most importantly, how much does something like that cost?

Uh-oh... are you suggesting something sexual here? This is a
woodworking/politics newsgroup. Shame on you!

Doesn't sound very sexual to me. I think he's just expounding on the
least costly method to mount a tool into properly lubricated,
accepting orifice.

A friend of mine sent me those...I thought it was a nice way to mount
a countertop...never even noticed the woman.