Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Handy Man Club TAOLG

Have to be the first to get in with this taolg (reverse gloat). They
are extremely generous this time around. Not only a Black drill gauge
but a notepad for your watch pocket that has about 5 sheets of paper in
it. Was I the only lucky one?
Posted to rec.woodworking

"rmorton" wrote in message
Have to be the first to get in with this taolg (reverse gloat). They are
extremely generous this time around. Not only a Black drill gauge but a
notepad for your watch pocket that has about 5 sheets of paper in it. Was
I the only lucky one?

sniff I haven't heard from them in years. Guess I'm not handy any more.
Almost out of glue spreaders too!

Vic

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , "Vic Baron" wrote:

"rmorton" wrote in message
Have to be the first to get in with this taolg (reverse gloat). They are
extremely generous this time around. Not only a Black drill gauge but a
notepad for your watch pocket that has about 5 sheets of paper in it. Was
I the only lucky one?

sniff I haven't heard from them in years. Guess I'm not handy any more.
Almost out of glue spreaders too!

Pffffft. You probably have an unending supply of glue spreaders, if you just
recognize them for what they are. Expired credit cards, used-up gift cards,
expired health-insurance cards, etc etc etc -- I have enough already to last
all my remaining years.
Posted to rec.woodworking

rmorton wrote:
Have to be the first to get in with this taolg (reverse gloat). They
are extremely generous this time around. Not only a Black drill gauge
but a notepad for your watch pocket that has about 5 sheets of paper in
it. Was I the only lucky one?

You must have been I, did'nt get the tablet, just the glue spreader
Posted to rec.woodworking

*Was I the only lucky one?

Nope. Got my third or fourth guide, plus the pad! in the
mail just the other day. I would like to hear from someone
who actually is a member of this club. No one that I know
in 100 mile radius is.

MJ

Posted to rec.woodworking

"rmorton" wrote in message
Have to be the first to get in with this taolg (reverse gloat). They are
extremely generous this time around. Not only a Black drill gauge but a
notepad for your watch pocket that has about 5 sheets of paper in it. Was
I the only lucky one?

Crap, I got the drill guide, now I'm going to have to look in the trash for
my note pad probably still in the envelope. Get any neat tools to test yet?
I'm hoping for the new Unisaw.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ed P" wrote in message

"rmorton" wrote in message
Have to be the first to get in with this taolg (reverse gloat). They are
extremely generous this time around. Not only a Black drill gauge but a
notepad for your watch pocket that has about 5 sheets of paper in it.
Was I the only lucky one?

Crap, I got the drill guide, now I'm going to have to look in the trash
for my note pad probably still in the envelope. Get any neat tools to
test yet? I'm hoping for the new Unisaw.

If anyone has ever jointed, what's the best thing they sent you to test(I
enjoyed
the complimentary notepad and still have the drill guide)? I guess I'm just
of
the skeptical ilk.

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

rmorton wrote:

Have to be the first to get in with this taolg (reverse gloat). They
are extremely generous this time around. Not only a Black drill gauge
but a notepad for your watch pocket that has about 5 sheets of paper in
it. Was I the only lucky one?

Nope, nothing here. You win.

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/20/2010 10:49 AM rmorton spake thus:

Have to be the first to get in with this taolg (reverse gloat). They
are extremely generous this time around. Not only a Black drill gauge
but a notepad for your watch pocket that has about 5 sheets of paper in
it. Was I the only lucky one?

Pardon my ignorance, but who are "they"?

- a Usenet "apology"

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/20/2010 5:27 PM Breezy Johnson spake thus:

On Jan 20, 6:11 pm, "
wrote:

Nope. Got my third or fourth guide, plus the pad! in the
mail just the other day. I would like to hear from someone
who actually is a member of this club. No one that I know
in 100 mile radius is.

You don't suck.

The proper response to a TAOLG, of course.

- a Usenet "apology"
Posted to rec.woodworking

Pardon my ignorance, but who are "they"?

The HandyMan Club folks. They send out these
invites to be a member and include a "trinket" of
some sort as a good faith measure. Usually it's
a drill guide. This time it was a guide and a
small pad of paper.

They promise if you sign up you get to evaluate and keep
a tool.

No one ever seems to cop to being a member.

MJ
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
Breezy Johnson wrote:
On Jan 20, 6:11*pm, "
wrote:
**Was I the only lucky one?

Nope. Got my third or fourth guide, plus the pad! in the
mail just the other day. I would like to hear from someone
who actually is a member of this club. No one that I know
in 100 mile radius is.

MJ

You don't suck.

Wataminnit!

He works for the Electrolux division of Microsoft?

"News flash!

Microsoft Buys Electrolux.

Makes extensive design changes.

They now have a product line that doesn't suck."

The "correct" rejoinder to a valid taolg is "kcus uoy". everybody knows that.
for an _unjustified_ claim, it's "ereh egakcus on".