Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Folding a BS blade

It has been asked over and over, explainted over and over, now a video
showing 2 ways.

http://www.lagunatools.com/company/video-blade

P.S. The longer blades are eaiser to fold up and open.

And there are a few blade video's in the same place.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 9:29*am, "Leon" wrote:
It has been asked over and over, explainted over and over, now a video
showing 2 ways.

http://www.lagunatools.com/company/video-blade

P.S. * The longer blades are eaiser to fold up and open.

And there are a few blade video's in the same place.

Just hang them on the wall and be done with it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"GarageWoodworks" wrote in message
On Jan 14, 9:29 am, "Leon" wrote:
It has been asked over and over, explainted over and over, now a video
showing 2 ways.

http://www.lagunatools.com/company/video-blade

P.S. The longer blades are eaiser to fold up and open.

And there are a few blade video's in the same place.

Just hang them on the wall and be done with it.

150" blades take up space I don't have and I have about 8 of them....
Coilded up they set on top of my upper wall cabinets.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 9:29*am, "Leon" wrote:
It has been asked over and over, explainted over and over, now a video
showing 2 ways.

http://www.lagunatools.com/company/video-blade

P.S. * The longer blades are eaiser to fold up and open.

And there are a few blade video's in the same place.

I learned how to do that before I knew what a bandsaw was - it's the
same way you fold up a wire-beaded bicycle tire.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 9:29 am, "Leon" wrote:
It has been asked over and over, explainted over and over, now a video
showing 2 ways.

http://www.lagunatools.com/company/video-blade

P.S. The longer blades are eaiser to fold up and open.

And there are a few blade video's in the same place.

Just hang them on the wall and be done with it.

150" blades take up space I don't have and I have about 8 of them....
Coilded up they set on top of my upper wall cabinets.

Nice drive-by, Leon. g

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , "Leon"
wrote:
150" blades take up space I don't have and I have about 8 of them....
Coilded up they set on top of my upper wall cabinets.

Nice drive-by, Leon. g

Geeees,,, that is the second this week I think..... and I was not even
looking for that kind of attention. LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Jan 14, 9:29 am, "Leon" wrote:
It has been asked over and over, explainted over and over, now a video
showing 2 ways.

http://www.lagunatools.com/company/video-blade

P.S. The longer blades are eaiser to fold up and open.

And there are a few blade video's in the same place.

I learned how to do that before I knew what a bandsaw was - it's the
same way you fold up a wire-beaded bicycle tire.

You fold up bicycle tires?????

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 01/14/2010 09:23 AM, Leon wrote:

You fold up bicycle tires?????

Makes it easier to carry a spare when touring...or to fit in a backpack
to bike home with it.

Chris
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 10:23*am, "Leon" wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Jan 14, 9:29 am, "Leon" wrote:

It has been asked over and over, explained over and over, now a video
showing 2 ways.

http://www.lagunatools.com/company/video-blade

P.S. The longer blades are easier to fold up and open.

And there are a few blade video's in the same place.

I learned how to do that before I knew what a band saw was - it's the
same way you fold up a wire-beaded bicycle tire.

You fold up bicycle tires?????

Sure, why not? It's easier to carry them...unless you want to wear
them.
http://www.rathas.com/wordpress/wp-c...our-smoke1.jpg
That picture is also interesting for the riders smoking. Back in the
day, smoking was thought to clear the lungs and give you more lung
capacity.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I hang it from an upturned hand and let it touch the floor. Step on it
with your toes (in a boot of course). Close your fist (in a glove of
course) and twist and lower and get the same effect. Of course I
always have to try it two or three times before I remember the exact
flow.

On Jan 14, 6:29*am, "Leon" wrote:
It has been asked over and over, explainted over and over, now a video
showing 2 ways.

http://www.lagunatools.com/company/video-blade

P.S. * The longer blades are eaiser to fold up and open.

And there are a few blade video's in the same place.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
I hang it from an upturned hand and let it touch the floor. Step on it
with your toes (in a boot of course). Close your fist (in a glove of
course) and twist and lower and get the same effect. Of course I
always have to try it two or three times before I remember the exact
flow.

Cause I am to tough... ;!) I don't use a glove,,, but I did when I used the
shorter blades. The longer blades seem to just fold up in place with out
really thinking about it.

I watched a kid fold up a BS mill blade and was shocked how easy it was, and
no gloves..

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"Leon" wrote in message

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
I hang it from an upturned hand and let it touch the floor. Step on it
with your toes (in a boot of course). Close your fist (in a glove of
course) and twist and lower and get the same effect. Of course I
always have to try it two or three times before I remember the exact
flow.

Cause I am to tough... ;!) I don't use a glove,,, but I did when I used
the shorter blades. The longer blades seem to just fold up in place with
out really thinking about it.

I watched a kid fold up a BS mill blade and was shocked how easy it was,
and no gloves..

I use something like that, except use two hands: step on blade, hold both
hands out from sides, palms away from you (the "what, me?" pose), then grab
in both hands, turn palms towards you while bringing your hands together.

Unfolding is easy. walk out front and throw it in the grass. never fails.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/14/2010 8:27 PM, Joe wrote:
I use something like that, except use two hands: step on blade, hold both
hands out from sides, palms away from you (the "what, me?" pose), then grab
in both hands, turn palms towards you while bringing your hands together.

That's what I do.

Unfolding is easy. walk out front and throw it in the grass. never fails.

Grass? Where?

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/14/10 10:03 PM, "Steve Turner" wrote:

On 1/14/2010 8:27 PM, Joe wrote:

Unfolding is easy. walk out front and throw it in the grass. never fails.

Grass? Where?

It's hiding under the cold white stuff.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:23:11 -0600, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

wrote:
150" blades take up space I don't have and I have about 8 of them....
Coilded up they set on top of my upper wall cabinets.

Nice drive-by, Leon. g

Geeees,,, that is the second this week I think..... and I was not even
looking for that kind of attention. LOL

At least he didn't say "8 of the 150" -=carbide=- bandsaw blades",
huh?

--
What helps luck is a habit of watching for opportunities, of
having a patient, but restless mind, of sacrificing one's
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Joe" wrote in message

Cause I am to tough... ;!) I don't use a glove,,, but I did when I used
the shorter blades. The longer blades seem to just fold up in place with
out really thinking about it.

I watched a kid fold up a BS mill blade and was shocked how easy it was,
and no gloves..

I use something like that, except use two hands: step on blade, hold
both hands out from sides, palms away from you (the "what, me?" pose),
then grab in both hands, turn palms towards you while bringing your hands
together.

With a longer blade you don't enven have to anchor the bottom, my 2 hands
are the only thing touching the blade.

Unfolding is easy. walk out front and throw it in the grass. never
fails.

Well, again, I tried that when I first got my 150" blades and tossed them
out in the yard a dozen times, nothing.
With mine I have to uncoil them by hand but again it is very simple and with
out any excitement.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"Leon" wrote in message
news

"Joe" wrote in message

Cause I am to tough... ;!) I don't use a glove,,, but I did when I used
the shorter blades. The longer blades seem to just fold up in place
with out really thinking about it.

I watched a kid fold up a BS mill blade and was shocked how easy it was,
and no gloves..

I use something like that, except use two hands: step on blade, hold
both hands out from sides, palms away from you (the "what, me?" pose),
then grab in both hands, turn palms towards you while bringing your hands
together.

With a longer blade you don't enven have to anchor the bottom, my 2 hands
are the only thing touching the blade.

Can I use that as justification with swmbo? "but honey, with this bigger,
better, badder bandsaw, folding the blades is so much easier and safer!"

I'll let you know how it goes. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Joe" wrote in message
. ..

Can I use that as justification with swmbo? "but honey, with this bigger,
better, badder bandsaw, folding the blades is so much easier and safer!"

I'll let you know how it goes. ;-)

Probably not the single justification but you can certainly add it to the
hundreds of other reasons. LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 9:08*am, RicodJour wrote:
On Jan 14, 9:29*am, "Leon" wrote:

I learned how to do that before I knew what a bandsaw was - it's the
same way you fold up a wire-beaded bicycle tire.

And a metal surveyor's tape.

Anyone remember those things? :^}

RonB