Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The Tower bedroom progress

As many of you may know I have been working on a bed room over haul. I
posted pictures several weeks ago of the Towers and now we have the bed head
board, foot board, and under bed storage in place.

I still need to add the 18 under bed drawers, 8 muntins for the upper
sections of the head and foot boards to match the tower center door muntins
and caps for the bed posts. I'm currently waiting on the Bridge City Tools
Kerf Maker to help with the 192 half lap joint cuts for the 8 muntin
assemblies.

The progress so far

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...7622991960362/

The video of moving day, comical, short, and very low resolution. For
those of you that thought the bedroom may be getting a little small. ;~)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...7622991960362/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 09:47:03 -0600, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

As many of you may know I have been working on a bed room over haul. I
posted pictures several weeks ago of the Towers and now we have the bed head
board, foot board, and under bed storage in place.

I still need to add the 18 under bed drawers, 8 muntins for the upper
sections of the head and foot boards to match the tower center door muntins
and caps for the bed posts. I'm currently waiting on the Bridge City Tools
Kerf Maker to help with the 192 half lap joint cuts for the 8 muntin
assemblies.

The progress so far

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...7622991960362/

The video of moving day, comical, short, and very low resolution. For
those of you that thought the bedroom may be getting a little small. ;~)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...7622991960362/

"May be" he says, as Larry notes that the dresser drawers can't even
be fully opened in that space...

You fuel! A cockroach would get claustrophobia in there!

Fess up: Is this really a test lab for enclosed spaces?

P.S: Why didn't you call Swingy to make a larger MBR for you?

--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents ****-Poor Performance
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

"May be" he says, as Larry notes that the dresser drawers can't even
be fully opened in that space...

You fuel! A cockroach would get claustrophobia in there!

Fess up: Is this really a test lab for enclosed spaces?

P.S: Why didn't you call Swingy to make a larger MBR for you?

Hmm - methinks this is the fate that befalls those who've spent
everything to support their Festool addiction.

;-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...-7215762299196...

The video of moving day, comical, short, and very low resolution. * For
those of you that thought the bedroom may be getting a little small. *;~)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...-7215762299196...

"May be" he says, as Larry notes that the dresser drawers can't even
be fully opened in that space...

You fuel! *A cockroach would get claustrophobia in there! *

Fess up: Is this really a test lab for enclosed spaces?

P.S: Why didn't you call Swingy to make a larger MBR for you?

--
* * *Don't forget the 7 P's:
* * * Proper Prior Planning Prevents ****-Poor Performance

The Dane gets the bed, Leon strings a hammock between the two towers.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

Snip

"May be" he says, as Larry notes that the dresser drawers can't even
be fully opened in that space...

You fuel! A cockroach would get claustrophobia in there!

Fess up: Is this really a test lab for enclosed spaces?

Fortunately ;~) the storage unit was moved back from the dresser about 30"
after attaching the head and foot boards.

Fortunately the mattress and box springs, which were also in the way of
walking, opened up about 30 more inches after we put them back in place.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message

The Dane gets the bed, Leon strings a hammock between the two towers.

Hummm... Actually, like all of our dogs, none get in the furniture or beds.
The Dane was afraid to set foot in the bed room for about a week. She
prefers her kennel, bed, or under my desk, and that is a sight to see.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 09:47:03 -0600, "Leon"
wrote:

As many of you may know I have been working on a bed room over haul. I
posted pictures several weeks ago of the Towers and now we have the bed head
board, foot board, and under bed storage in place.

I still need to add the 18 under bed drawers, 8 muntins for the upper
sections of the head and foot boards to match the tower center door muntins
and caps for the bed posts. I'm currently waiting on the Bridge City Tools
Kerf Maker to help with the 192 half lap joint cuts for the 8 muntin
assemblies.

The progress so far

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...7622991960362/

Those towers have been in there how long and you haven't moved over
the picture on the wall yet? Tsk tsk...

-Kevin
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

As many of you may know I have been working on a bed room over haul. I
posted pictures several weeks ago of the Towers and now we have the bed
head
board, foot board, and under bed storage in place.

I still need to add the 18 under bed drawers, 8 muntins for the upper
sections of the head and foot boards to match the tower center door
muntins
and caps for the bed posts. I'm currently waiting on the Bridge City
Tools
Kerf Maker to help with the 192 half lap joint cuts for the 8 muntin
assemblies.

The progress so far

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...7622991960362/

Those towers have been in there how long and you haven't moved over
the picture on the wall yet? Tsk tsk...

Towers have been in there about 4 weeks. There is going to be much more
added to the room. New tall dresser and a light bridge between the towers
and an area to hang misc clothing. Not sure which wall is going to picked
for one or two of the additions yet. And there is also the LCD TV that is
going to be hung on the wall.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:13:07 -0600, the infamous Morris Dovey
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

"May be" he says, as Larry notes that the dresser drawers can't even
be fully opened in that space...

You fuel! A cockroach would get claustrophobia in there!

Fess up: Is this really a test lab for enclosed spaces?

P.S: Why didn't you call Swingy to make a larger MBR for you?

Hmm - methinks this is the fate that befalls those who've spent
everything to support their Festool addiction. ;-)

Methinks you're right. Can I "neener" now, huh, huh, huh?

HF RULES! With the money I saved last year by buying HF tools instead
of FesteringWoundToTheWalletTools, I reroofed my pumphouse and put up
a new carport.

--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents ****-Poor Performance
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:47:05 -0600, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

Snip

"May be" he says, as Larry notes that the dresser drawers can't even
be fully opened in that space...

You fuel! A cockroach would get claustrophobia in there!

Fess up: Is this really a test lab for enclosed spaces?

Fortunately ;~) the storage unit was moved back from the dresser about 30"
after attaching the head and foot boards.

Fortunately the mattress and box springs, which were also in the way of
walking, opened up about 30 more inches after we put them back in place.

Giving you 34" on one side and 14" on each of the other two? Got it.

--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents ****-Poor Performance

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

HF RULES! With the money I saved last year by buying HF tools instead
of FesteringWoundToTheWalletTools, I reroofed my pumphouse and put up
a new carport.

WARNING: The Surgeon General has determined that Harbor Fright tools are
bad for your blood pressure.

Festool drools, er... rulz!

Actually, drooling over Festool will decrease blood pressure and
mitigate the need for diuretics.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news Snip

HF RULES! With the money I saved last year by buying HF tools instead
of FesteringWoundToTheWalletTools, I reroofed my pumphouse and put up
a new carport.

All of my Festool tools have more than paid for them selves and helped me
earn more money.....

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news Snip

HF RULES! With the money I saved last year by buying HF tools instead
of FesteringWoundToTheWalletTools, I reroofed my pumphouse and put up
a new carport.

All of my Festool tools have more than paid for them selves and helped me
earn more money.....

Wished I could say that ... of course, it's only been ten days that I
crowbarred my wallet for the FS 75, CT22E, RTS400, RO 125, and various
accessories/accessory kits.

Might take a couple more days to recoup the investment ...

Aye, the slope is indeed slippery with sloap! Thanks for the push!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:47:05 -0600, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

Snip

"May be" he says, as Larry notes that the dresser drawers can't even
be fully opened in that space...

You fuel! A cockroach would get claustrophobia in there!

Fess up: Is this really a test lab for enclosed spaces?

Fortunately ;~) the storage unit was moved back from the dresser about 30"
after attaching the head and foot boards.

Fortunately the mattress and box springs, which were also in the way of
walking, opened up about 30 more inches after we put them back in place.

Giving you 34" on one side and 14" on each of the other two? Got it.

That all probably came out wrong... ;~) I measured and currently have 33"
on both sides at the narrowest points and 37" between the foot board and
dresser.

That was 41" on both sides and 37" between the foot board and dresser the
precious 28 years.
Going from the Queen to the King we lost between 6 and 7 square "usable"
feet for the whole room.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
Leon wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news Snip

HF RULES! With the money I saved last year by buying HF tools instead
of FesteringWoundToTheWalletTools, I reroofed my pumphouse and put up
a new carport.

All of my Festool tools have more than paid for them selves and helped me
earn more money.....

Wished I could say that ... of course, it's only been ten days that I
crowbarred my wallet for the FS 75, CT22E, RTS400, RO 125, and various
accessories/accessory kits.

Might take a couple more days to recoup the investment ...

Aye, the slope is indeed slippery with sloap! Thanks for the push!

With the CT22E dust collection you get pay back in other ways other than
money in your pocket. Certainly a safer environment, not breathing in all
that dust and bringing all that dust home with you. Clean up is faster and
easier.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
[...]

Uh, I consider _all_ of my cal king square footage "usable" ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Winterburn" wrote in message
Going from the Queen to the King we lost between 6 and 7 square "usable"
feet for the whole room.

Uh, I consider _all_ of my cal king square footage "usable" ;-)

LOL I spoze we are using that extra 8" on each side.....

I will have 18 drawers under there, inside measurements will be18" wide x
24" deep by 5.75" tall. The bed storage cabinet is what the bed is setting
on now, I just have to fill it up with drawers. LOL
I'll have just under 26 cubic feet of storage under the bed.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote

I will have 18 drawers under there, inside measurements will be18" wide x
24" deep by 5.75" tall. The bed storage cabinet is what the bed is
setting on now, I just have to fill it up with drawers. LOL
I'll have just under 26 cubic feet of storage under the bed.

I used to build big, custom waterbeds. I built a bunch of the under bed
drawer systems.

One standard feature I would include, either under the bed or under the
headboard, was a "shotgun holder'. This was a hidden storage compartment
that was easily opened to allow instant access to a shotgun. I also have
built small, lockable compartments behind a movable headboard to hold hand
guns.

For home defense purposes, of course.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
I used to build big, custom waterbeds. I built a bunch of the under bed
drawer systems.

One standard feature I would include, either under the bed or under the
headboard, was a "shotgun holder'. This was a hidden storage compartment
that was easily opened to allow instant access to a shotgun. I also have
built small, lockable compartments behind a movable headboard to hold hand
guns.

For home defense purposes, of course.

Thanks for that idea. If I am ever commitioned to build another I'll
certainly keep the secret location in mind.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
I used to build big, custom waterbeds. I built a bunch of the under
bed drawer systems.

One standard feature I would include, either under the bed or under
the headboard, was a "shotgun holder'. This was a hidden storage
compartment that was easily opened to allow instant access to a
shotgun. I also have built small, lockable compartments behind a
movable headboard to hold hand guns.

For home defense purposes, of course.

Thanks for that idea. If I am ever commitioned to build another
I'll certainly keep the secret location in mind.

Some folks would find lockable compartments suitable for holding whips and
chains to also be useful (don't want the _kids_ to find out that Mommy and
Daddy are kinky). Be sure to include appropriate attachment points for the
chains.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

I think you're going in the right direction and think that your
design is attractive. Have you considered making some of the
drawers under the bed very deep, for the storage of quilts and
other bulky things?

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Nonny" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message

I think you're going in the right direction and think that your design is
attractive. Have you considered making some of the drawers under the bed
very deep, for the storage of quilts and other bulky things?

Thank you.

I had considered deeper, when I was only going to go with a single row of
drawers. When I learned that our new mattress did not have to have a lower
box springs I decided to go with a double row of drawers and shorten each
row bit.

Not to worry, I have already built my wife a quilt rack that is food for a
dozen or so quilts. She is a quilter.

The towers, the night table replacements could hold 5 or 6 quilts each in
the upper cabinets.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:05:07 -0600, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news Snip

HF RULES! With the money I saved last year by buying HF tools instead
of FesteringWoundToTheWalletTools, I reroofed my pumphouse and put up
a new carport.

All of my Festool tools have more than paid for them selves and helped me
earn more money.....

Ditto my HF tools, Ryobi drill and portable tablesaur.
Ditto my real tools, like the Bosch Impactor, the ancient (pre-China,
I believe) Delta CMS, and the Knight planes.

I'll bet my ROI was -much- shorter than yours.

--
Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm).
-----------
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:12:06 -0600, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Ya sure coont prove that by the pics. OK, I'll stop funnin' ya.

That was 41" on both sides and 37" between the foot board and dresser the
precious 28 years.
Going from the Queen to the King we lost between 6 and 7 square "usable"
feet for the whole room.

Why did you move up? Weren't you happy with queenie? Just turning
those king mattresses takes two people. I'm happy with my new/used
queen, solid foam-rubber mattress. 6" of firm heaven!

--
Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm).
-----------

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:34:27 -0600, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

"Doug Winterburn" wrote in message
Going from the Queen to the King we lost between 6 and 7 square "usable"
feet for the whole room.

Uh, I consider _all_ of my cal king square footage "usable" ;-)

LOL I spoze we are using that extra 8" on each side.....

I will have 18 drawers under there, inside measurements will be18" wide x
24" deep by 5.75" tall. The bed storage cabinet is what the bed is setting
on now, I just have to fill it up with drawers. LOL
I'll have just under 26 cubic feet of storage under the bed.

Crikey, that's just wunnerful. How have you adapted to the nosebleeds
while sleeping at that altitude? (Oops, I forgot that I just said I'd
stop funnin' ya. Cancel that.)

--
Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm).
-----------
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:05:34 -0500, the infamous "Lee Michaels"
scrawled the following:

"Leon" wrote

I will have 18 drawers under there, inside measurements will be18" wide x
24" deep by 5.75" tall. The bed storage cabinet is what the bed is
setting on now, I just have to fill it up with drawers. LOL
I'll have just under 26 cubic feet of storage under the bed.

I used to build big, custom waterbeds. I built a bunch of the under bed
drawer systems.

One standard feature I would include, either under the bed or under the
headboard, was a "shotgun holder'. This was a hidden storage compartment
that was easily opened to allow instant access to a shotgun. I also have
built small, lockable compartments behind a movable headboard to hold hand
guns.

For home defense purposes, of course.

Oh, of course. (We thought you might have had a less than willing bed
partner.)

--
Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm).
-----------
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

One standard feature I would include, either under the bed or under the
headboard, was a "shotgun holder'. This was a hidden storage compartment
that was easily opened to allow instant access to a shotgun. I also have
built small, lockable compartments behind a movable headboard to hold hand
guns.

For home defense purposes, of course.

Oh, of course. (We thought you might have had a less than willing bed
partner.)

Nothing like a little persuasion, huh?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

Why did you move up? Weren't you happy with queenie? Just turning
those king mattresses takes two people. I'm happy with my new/used
queen, solid foam-rubber mattress. 6" of firm heaven!

Nothing like a comfy bed.

When ever my wife and I go on a trip we usually stay in a King sized bed.
Going back to a queen is Ok but we were sorta looking for a new bed anyway
and went a head and decided to bite the bullet and go bigger.

Our new one is a S&F with a 5" pillow top, 14" tall total, no box springs.
I have been having problems laying on either of my shoulders and when I laid
on this one in the store my shoulders did not hurt when I laid on my side.
We tried one of those whale blubber Tempuredics and while they are well
liked by many, my shoulder hurt on those too until I stayed still for about
15 seconds and then the pain went away. Any movement world cause the pain
to return for about 15 seconds.
I have a neighbor that has the Tempurpedic on a 4 poster bed and asked me
to help him rotate it... Geeez I think both of had a death grip on the
mattress with both hands and our feet were secure against the bed posts and
then we grunted a lot.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 11:49:00 -0600, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

Why did you move up? Weren't you happy with queenie? Just turning
those king mattresses takes two people. I'm happy with my new/used
queen, solid foam-rubber mattress. 6" of firm heaven!

Nothing like a comfy bed.

When ever my wife and I go on a trip we usually stay in a King sized bed.
Going back to a queen is Ok but we were sorta looking for a new bed anyway
and went a head and decided to bite the bullet and go bigger.

The only advantage I can see is footroom. I'm only 5'11" and my
footsies are a bit cramped in a queen, but since I sleep alone, I can
sleep diagonally if I want.

Our new one is a S&F with a 5" pillow top, 14" tall total, no box springs.

Where the hell do you find sheets for a monster like that?

I have been having problems laying on either of my shoulders and when I laid
on this one in the store my shoulders did not hurt when I laid on my side.

I go to sleep on my side, too, and that's why I prefer the foam.

We tried one of those whale blubber Tempuredics and while they are well
liked by many, my shoulder hurt on those too until I stayed still for about
15 seconds and then the pain went away. Any movement world cause the pain
to return for about 15 seconds.

Tempurpedics are way overvalued and underworthy, IMNSHO. They're
kinda HOT to sleep on, too.

I have a neighbor that has the Tempurpedic on a 4 poster bed and asked me
to help him rotate it... Geeez I think both of had a death grip on the
mattress with both hands and our feet were secure against the bed posts and
then we grunted a lot.

No modern mattress is lightweight, that's for sure.

--
Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm).
-----------

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques writes:
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 11:49:00 -0600, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..

Why did you move up? Weren't you happy with queenie? Just turning
those king mattresses takes two people. I'm happy with my new/used
queen, solid foam-rubber mattress. 6" of firm heaven!

Nothing like a comfy bed.

When ever my wife and I go on a trip we usually stay in a King sized bed.
Going back to a queen is Ok but we were sorta looking for a new bed anyway
and went a head and decided to bite the bullet and go bigger.

The only advantage I can see is footroom. I'm only 5'11" and my
footsies are a bit cramped in a queen, but since I sleep alone, I can
sleep diagonally if I want.

Try it at 6'4". I use a California King (albeit H20).

No modern mattress is lightweight, that's for sure.

Mine is, when empty :-)

scott
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Scott Lurndal" wrote in message
.. .
Larry Jaques writes:
[...]

You must not have a waveless. Mine, when drained, weighs about 300 pounds.
Can't get all the water out.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques writes:
[...]

If you can get really good siphoning action (a large drop using a hill,
etc), you can get a great deal of the water out of even a waveless. Not all
of it, but it is manageable.

Rob Leatham

Tower keith_765 UK diy 6 December 9th 06 08:05 PM
Tower RF stat Ian Stirling UK diy 8 October 28th 06 06:05 PM
what makes a bedroom a bedroom? cmay Home Ownership 9 March 23rd 06 11:06 PM
Mid two story, two bedroom terrace. What are the main requirements for converting attic to 3rd bedroom? Tez UK diy 7 March 6th 06 11:31 AM
Shower Tower alexbartman UK diy 0 April 25th 05 09:31 AM