Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Mobile Base for WT table saw

I have an old Walker Turner 2221 table saw which is currently bolted
to a very high dolly. It's okay for me (6' 3"), but is clearly a
danger to my girlfriend. I was wondering:
* Can anybody give me a ball park estimate on what it weighs (other
than really heavy)
* Does anybody have opinions about the various "Mobile Bases" I see
advertised?

thanks
Posted to rec.woodworking

* Does anybody have opinions about the various "Mobile Bases" I see
advertised?

The Rockler All-Terrain mobile base has recieved excellent reviews. The
large wheels allow easy movement of heavy equipment.

Best,
Christopher

Posted to rec.woodworking

Christopher Glaeser wrote:
* Does anybody have opinions about the various "Mobile Bases" I see
advertised?

The Rockler All-Terrain mobile base has recieved excellent reviews. The
large wheels allow easy movement of heavy equipment.

Best,
Christopher

A partial sheet of 3/4" plywood, attached four 3" casters. Total cost
about $30-$50, depending on how fancy you want the wheels.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Just Wondering wrote:
Christopher Glaeser wrote:
* Does anybody have opinions about the various "Mobile Bases" I see
advertised?

The Rockler All-Terrain mobile base has recieved excellent reviews.
The large wheels allow easy movement of heavy equipment.

Best,
Christopher

A partial sheet of 3/4" plywood, attached four 3" casters. Total cost
about $30-$50, depending on how fancy you want the wheels.

And that raises the tool the height of the casters plus the thickness of the
plywood.

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

sibosop wrote:
I have an old Walker Turner 2221 table saw ...
* Can anybody give me a ball park estimate on what it weighs ...

Don't know it by model number well enough to hazard guess, but look up
weight of current Powermatic of same size blade and add, say, 50lb to
account for the motor difference from then/now and some shields, etc.,
and I'll wager you'd be adequately safe for the purpose...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 1, 12:21*am, sibosop wrote:
I have an old Walker Turner 2221 table saw which is currently bolted
to a very high dolly. It's okay for me (6' 3"), but is clearly a
danger to my girlfriend. I was wondering:
** Can anybody give me a ball park estimate on what it weighs (other
than really heavy)
** Does anybody have opinions about the various "Mobile Bases" I see
advertised?

thanks

Can't help with the weight, but take a look at the Shop Fox bases at
Grizzly.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/sear...=mobile%20base

These are adjustable in size, have a variety of weight capacities, are
stable and barely raise the machine 1/2" to 1" off of the floor. They
are reasonably priced too. I have one under my Grizzly 1023S which
has a weight of around 450 pounds; and our son uses one under his
contractor saw. Both of us are very pleased.

RonB

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 1, 1:03*pm, "SonomaProducts.com" wrote:
Try looking over atwww.OWWM.com(Old Wood Working Machines) you
mightbe able to find a manual with weight spec for your saw or one
like it.

Yes. I finally found it in a catalog with some help.
375 pounds shipping weight.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 1, 1:43*pm, "J. Clarke" wrote:
Just Wondering wrote:
Christopher Glaeser wrote:
* Does anybody have opinions about the various "Mobile Bases" I see
advertised?

The Rockler All-Terrain mobile base has recieved excellent reviews.
The large wheels allow easy movement of heavy equipment.

Best,
Christopher

A partial sheet of 3/4" plywood, attached four 3" casters. *Total cost
about $30-$50, depending on how fancy you want the wheels.

And that raises the tool the height of the casters plus the thickness of the
plywood.

Right. That is basically the setup I have now.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I recently picked up the "extra heavy duty" shopfox mobile base from Grizzly
for my PM3000. The base is 'rated' #800 and keeps it barely an inch off the
floor, you might want to take a look at it. They have some that are rated