Bridger

Default oboy....

the last few weeks I have been drawing plans for the next project as
I've been finishing the last one. I got the shop cleared out, stuff
delivered and installed and put the final touches on the coming job's
drawings, with all of the changes and additions. In the past I have
had a bad tendency to underbid, so this time I was careful with the
numbers, but even though I had the nagging feeling that I was
underbidding somewhere in there it came in about 50% over his budget.
I submitted it itemized so he could see where the money was going, and
as expected he rejected the bid but expressed interest in simplifying
the project to control costs. he's scheduled to leave tomorrow for
vacation, so I expected the negotiation to resume when he got back.

I got a phone call at midnight. he and his wiife talked it over and
decided to go forward as submitted. so I'm fuly employed again for a
while....

it's a pretty big job for my small shop, and things will get crowded
in there- but hey, I'm not complaining....
Bridger
brocpuffs

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 01:16:08 -0700, Bridger wrote:

big snip

it's a pretty big job for my small shop, and things will get crowded
in there- but hey, I'm not complaining....
Bridger

Sic 'em, Bridger!

Hope to have the nerve to get into something like that - someday-

PS Hope the feeling of missing something turns out to be just nerves!

James

Mark Jerde

Bridger wrote:

I got a phone call at midnight. he and his wiife talked it over and
decided to go forward as submitted. so I'm fuly employed again for a
while....

Getting paid to make sawdust? How does it get any better than that? g
Congrats!

-- Mark

Silvan

Mark Jerde wrote:

Getting paid to make sawdust? How does it get any better than that? g

Getting paid to drink beer and fart.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

Bridger

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 12:49:07 GMT, "Mark Jerde"
wrote:

Bridger wrote:

I got a phone call at midnight. he and his wiife talked it over and
decided to go forward as submitted. so I'm fuly employed again for a
while....

Getting paid to make sawdust? How does it get any better than that? g

I could imagine that making a profit doing it would be nice.... ; ^ )

Congrats!

thanks.

-- Mark

Bridger

Bridger

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 03:23:56 -0500, brocpuffs
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 01:16:08 -0700, Bridger wrote:

big snip

it's a pretty big job for my small shop, and things will get crowded
in there- but hey, I'm not complaining....
Bridger

Sic 'em, Bridger!

ARF!

Hope to have the nerve to get into something like that - someday-

here's how I look at it.
working for a small company sucks, because you don't know if they are
gonna survive for more than a year or two, and generally the benefits
aren't there. working for a large corporation sucks, because the damn
thing has no soul, and they're prolly gonna outsource your job next
quarter anyway. not working sucks, because without an income you can't
get any new tools, and in bad weather sleeping under the freeway
overpass is pretty uncomfortable.

what's that leave.... oh yeah, working for yourself. working for
yourself sucks, because your boss will probably turn out to be an
asshole, your employee will probably turn out to be a lazy bum,
there's nobody handling the scheduling, payroll is dicey.....

PS Hope the feeling of missing something turns out to be just nerves!

Man, Me too!

James

Mark Jerde

Silvan wrote:
Mark Jerde wrote:

Getting paid to make sawdust? How does it get any better than that?

Getting paid to drink beer and fart.

Hey! Those are two of my skills! Who's hiring? ;-)

(I tried to get my teens on to the Olympic showering team, all the time they
were practicing...)

-- Mark

Charlie Self

Barry responds:

Getting paid to make sawdust? How does it get any better than that? g

Getting paid to drink beer and fart.

You mean like the guys in "Jackass"? G

However, the whole shooting bottle rockets out of the butt thing could
make for a bad day at work,

There are some things I was just as happy not knowing.

Charlie Self
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Silvan

B a r r y wrote:

You mean like the guys in "Jackass"? G

However, the whole shooting bottle rockets out of the butt thing could
make for a bad day at work,

Huh? WTF are you talking about?

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

Silvan

Mark Jerde wrote:

Getting paid to drink beer and fart.

Hey! Those are two of my skills! Who's hiring? ;-)

Nobody so far, unfortunately.

(I tried to get my teens on to the Olympic showering team, all the time
they were practicing...)

That's a good idea. Mine aren't even teens yet, and they use 30,000 gallons
of water per shower. How can it take so long to wash such small bodies?
They're not even old enough to, um, play with themselves in the shower yet.

I hope.

That's a scary thought.