DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT Rant (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/291219-ot-rant.html)

Leon[_6_] November 7th 09 12:12 AM

OT Rant

The shooting that every one has heard about in Fort Hood was tragic on so
many levels and continues to be.

My utmost respect goes out to the armed forces and my deepest sympathies to
the victims and their families.

It was tragic that so many were injured and killed.

It is tragic that the shooter is only being identified as a suspect rather
than "the shooter". Damn it, when there is a room full of eye witnesses
there is no suspect, there is only the one that committed the crime, the
witnesses and the victims, Plain and simple.

It is tragic that when the truth and facts are so blatantly clear that there
will still be days and days of investigations long before there is a trial.

It is tragic that the trial will last for months, maybe years.

It is tragic in this case that there will be a need for a trial.

It is tragic that our country has been steered to believe that one does not
have to fulfill his obligations or have any accountability.

It is tragic that justice is seldom truly served.

It is tragic that our country is filled with so many spineless and corrupt
politicians that truly rely on the ignorant, which are so easily deceived,
to vote them into office.

It is tragic that those politicians are committed to insuring that their
ignorant constituency becomes even more ignorant with each passing
generation. Think Public Education.

It is tragic that out politicians have appointed themselves as "our
keepers".

It is tragic that there is no longer any honor in winning. Think trophies
for every body and no longer keeping score so that there are no winners.

I am truly grateful that I recognize all of this and know that not so deep
down, evil is fueling all of the tragedies.

Gordon Shumway November 7th 09 01:14 AM

OT Rant

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 18:12:04 -0600, "Leon"
wrote:

[...]

I couldn't agree with you more. Too many seek to blame "society" or
are too afraid of offending some whiney S.O.B. That's just plain Bull
****.

Damn you Leon, now you got me all fired up.

Gordon Shumway

What color do Smurfs become when they hold their breath?

evodawg[_2_] November 7th 09 02:38 AM

OT Rant

Leon wrote:

[...]

Well lets not forget the State Run Media making excuses for this lunatic or
terrorist. Making statements like our policies in Iraq and Afghanistan
caused him to go over the edge. What a bunch of Bull ****. The guy never
saw any active duty and went to Med School on our dime to the tune of
500,000.00............
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Swingman November 7th 09 02:54 AM

OT Rant

evodawg wrote:

Well lets not forget the State Run Media making excuses for this lunatic or
terrorist. Making statements like our policies in Iraq and Afghanistan
caused him to go over the edge. What a bunch of Bull ****. The guy never
saw any active duty and went to Med School on our dime to the tune of
500,000.00............

This was as much an act of islamic terrorism as 9/11/2001.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Robatoy[_2_] November 7th 09 02:56 AM

OT Rant

On Nov 6, 7:12*pm, "Leon" wrote:
[...]

I think it is Revelations that speaks of demons being cast to the
Earth towards the end times. They seem to be landing.....

Mark & Juanita November 7th 09 05:21 AM

OT Rant

Swingman wrote:

evodawg wrote:

Well lets not forget the State Run Media making excuses for this lunatic
or terrorist. Making statements like our policies in Iraq and Afghanistan
caused him to go over the edge. What a bunch of Bull ****. The guy never
saw any active duty and went to Med School on our dime to the tune of
500,000.00............

This was as much an act of islamic terrorism as 9/11/2001.

Ah, but we wouldn't want to jump to any conclusions until all the facts
are in, would we?

Could we at least say that Hassan "acted stupidly"?

/This PC crap is going to get us all killed

Rob Leatham

Leon[_6_] November 7th 09 01:21 PM

OT Rant

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
m...
Swingman wrote:
This was as much an act of islamic terrorism as 9/11/2001.

Ah, but we wouldn't want to jump to any conclusions until all the facts
are in, would we?

Oh noooooooooooo we surely would not. We cannot trust anyones recount of
what they actually witnessed during the slauder.
We woul surely need to see a video tape form several angles to verify all of
the statements. and if there was no video tape, well, who knows if all of
the witnesses just made all of this up.

Could we at least say that Hassan "acted stupidly"?

Absolutely. He acted stupidly for joining the armed forces when he had no
intention of fulfilling his obligation. He was very stupid.
A very stupid man. Still he has no excuse for murdering all of those
soldiers.

/This PC crap is going to get us all killed

Politicaly Correct in it self translates to stupidity. Yes it is going to
turn future generations in to the sheep that follow the political figures to
the slauter house.

evodawg[_2_] November 7th 09 04:10 PM

OT Rant

Leon wrote:

/This PC crap is going to get us all killed

Politicaly Correct in it self translates to stupidity. Yes it is going to
turn future generations in to the sheep that follow the political figures
to the slauter house.

Think it already has. Did we not all see a year ago the sheep following the
Messiah to the voting booths. I also remember some fainting by just being
in his presence. I have zero confidence in the direction of this country.

J. Clarke November 7th 09 05:35 PM

OT Rant

evodawg wrote:
Leon wrote:

/This PC crap is going to get us all killed

Politicaly Correct in it self translates to stupidity. Yes it is
going to turn future generations in to the sheep that follow the
political figures to the slauter house.

Think it already has. Did we not all see a year ago the sheep
following the Messiah to the voting booths. I also remember some
fainting by just being in his presence. I have zero confidence in the
direction of this country.

I wish Obama well, but I think he's going to go down in history as another
Jimmy Carter--a decent man without a clue.

Han November 7th 09 06:12 PM

OT Rant

"Leon" wrote in
:

[...]

I ully agree with the above!!

I have never been and hope not ever to be in the position of a
psychiatrist who has been treating PTSD in so many people. I thougth
there was something like a rule that psychiatrists needed to be under the
care of a psychiatrist.

Whether this guy was a muslim, an agnost or right wing christian has
nothing to do with his apparent mental disease.

Just my opinion, YMMV and probably does
--
Best regards
Han

[email protected] November 7th 09 07:25 PM

OT Rant

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 08:10:22 -0800, evodawg
wrote:

Think it already has. Did we not all see a year ago the sheep following the
Messiah to the voting booths. I also remember some fainting by just being
in his presence. I have zero confidence in the direction of this country.

Despite your insulting rhetoric, there's a huge difference between
people hoping and people turning into sheep as though hypnotized.
Your "Messiah" as you choose to call him offered and does still offer
hope. Sheep as you call them are people without the knowledge to
realize that they're not going down the right path.

Should your Messiah end up bringing your country out of dark chapter
into a profitable world, what will you say?

Of course you'd say that it would have happened anyway. Your arrogance
just wouldn't allow for any other conclusion. Sounds like you're the
sheep to me.

Scott Lurndal November 7th 09 08:55 PM

OT Rant

"Leon" writes:
The shooting that every one has heard about in Fort Hood was tragic on so
many levels and continues to be.

Is it any more tragic than the fellow in cleveland who murdered 11 women?

Why aren't you ranting about him?

Gordon Shumway November 7th 09 09:56 PM

OT Rant

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 14:25:42 -0500, wrote:

Sheep as you call them are people without the knowledge to
realize that they're not going down the right path.

That is exactly what happened. The fact that you don't understand
that point only enforces his "insulting rhetoric."

Leon[_6_] November 7th 09 10:06 PM

OT Rant

wrote:

Think it already has. Did we not all see a year ago the sheep following
the
Messiah to the voting booths. I also remember some fainting by just being
in his presence. I have zero confidence in the direction of this country.

Despite your insulting rhetoric, there's a huge difference between
people hoping and people turning into sheep as though hypnotized.
Your "Messiah" as you choose to call him offered and does still offer
hope. Sheep as you call them are people without the knowledge to
realize that they're not going down the right path.

Should your Messiah end up bringing your country out of dark chapter
into a profitable world, what will you say?

Of course you'd say that it would have happened anyway. Your arrogance
just wouldn't allow for any other conclusion. Sounds like you're the
sheep to me.

I absolutely totally believe that the economy has run it's course regardless
of who did what, had they done any thing or not. I blame the people for
panicking and bailing out of the stock market and I blame the media and the
Mad Dog guy that you seldom see any more for the panic. The media is
unmatched in the ability of building a mountian out of a mole hill.

Swine flu is still the raging topic. Swine flu has killed 1000 Americans
since Spring. What they don't tell you is that the "Regular" flu has
continued to kill 35,000 Americans since the Spring. I believe that the
comon cold is going to cause more problems that the Swine flu will
discounting the panic that the media has caused.

Markem[_2_] November 7th 09 10:16 PM

OT Rant

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 12:35:56 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

evodawg wrote:
Leon wrote:

/This PC crap is going to get us all killed

Politicaly Correct in it self translates to stupidity. Yes it is
going to turn future generations in to the sheep that follow the
political figures to the slauter house.

Think it already has. Did we not all see a year ago the sheep
following the Messiah to the voting booths. I also remember some
fainting by just being in his presence. I have zero confidence in the
direction of this country.

I wish Obama well, but I think he's going to go down in history as another
Jimmy Carter--a decent man without a clue.

He ain't Jimmy. The is a man with a clue and an iron fist under
velvet. How he is going to get everyone to think that he fufilled
they're dream they thought his election promised them will be
interesting to watch. But then the world will end in 2012 so who gives
a damn.

Live and enjoy life

Mark

Leon[_6_] November 7th 09 10:24 PM

OT Rant

wrote:

I wish Obama well, but I think he's going to go down in history as another
Jimmy Carter--a decent man without a clue.

He ain't Jimmy. The is a man with a clue and an iron fist under
velvet. How he is going to get everyone to think that he fufilled
they're dream they thought his election promised them will be
interesting to watch. But then the world will end in 2012 so who gives
a damn.

Live and enjoy life

His hardest problem will be getting a lot of people off of the government
checks and have them start working.

We all hope he does well but we have seen this play out before. Eventually
every one has to get a job for a country to prosper, not every one wants a
job.

[email protected] November 7th 09 10:56 PM

OT Rant

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 15:56:22 -0600, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 14:25:42 -0500, wrote:

Sheep as you call them are people without the knowledge to
realize that they're not going down the right path.

That is exactly what happened. The fact that you don't understand
that point only enforces his "insulting rhetoric."

Possibly so, but whether you want to admit it or not, he also offers
hope and that's pretty powerful. And maybe, just maybe, he'll fulfill
some of that hope. All those running against him were offering was
same old, same old bull**** without promise of anything new or
different.

[email protected] November 7th 09 11:04 PM

OT Rant

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 16:06:49 -0600, "Leon"
wrote:

Swine flu is still the raging topic. Swine flu has killed 1000 Americans
since Spring. What they don't tell you is that the "Regular" flu has
continued to kill 35,000 Americans since the Spring. I believe that the
comon cold is going to cause more problems that the Swine flu will
discounting the panic that the media has caused.

I agree with you entirely. With the Canadian government making all
sorts of claims and promises without being truly ready and the press
whipping the public into a frenzy of worry, it's no wonder the whole
thing is a monster clusterf**k. And yeah, you're right, the regular
flu kills many more people than the swine flu, only regular flu deaths
haven't been publicized nearly as much. I'll bet that changes now too.

LDosser November 7th 09 11:20 PM

OT Rant

wrote:

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 14:25:42 -0500, wrote:

Sheep as you call them are people without the knowledge to
realize that they're not going down the right path.

That is exactly what happened. The fact that you don't understand
that point only enforces his "insulting rhetoric."

Possibly so, but whether you want to admit it or not, he also offers
hope and that's pretty powerful. And maybe, just maybe, he'll fulfill
some of that hope. All those running against him were offering was
same old, same old bull**** without promise of anything new or
different.

So far all we've seen is same old, same old and an empty suit waving in the
wind ...

Or as someone put it - Bush Light.

[email protected] November 7th 09 11:40 PM

OT Rant

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 15:20:25 -0800, "LDosser"
wrote:

So far all we've seen is same old, same old and an empty suit waving in the
wind ...

"So far" as you label it has been a relatively short time. Considering
the mountain of grief that the US financial industry is in, it always
surprises me when people still expect instant results and instant
gratification. A whole lot of people are going to get a sudden
education course in reality and eye opening as time marches on.
There's just too many people who are 'have nots' to allow the money
mongerers to continue as they have. Your most hated term 'socialism'
is going to come home to roost in one form or another.

Consider what's about to come as the US equivalent of the French
Revolution.

Mark & Juanita November 8th 09 12:35 AM

OT Rant

wrote:

Sheep as you call them are people without the knowledge to
realize that they're not going down the right path.

That is exactly what happened. The fact that you don't understand
that point only enforces his "insulting rhetoric."

Possibly so, but whether you want to admit it or not, he also offers
hope and that's pretty powerful. And maybe, just maybe, he'll fulfill
some of that hope. All those running against him were offering was
same old, same old bull**** without promise of anything new or
different.

Yeah, he offers hope if we will only surrender our remaining liberties to
him. He will then take care of all of us. His version of "hope" has never
turned out well for those who have taken that path. His version of
solutions is to offer more of the same government intervention and
interference and meddling that got our country into the financial mess it
now faces.

No thanks, that's not hope, that's a velvet glove encasing an iron fist.
The glove will wear thin shortly after enough power has been assumed by the
government, then we will get to see the real re-distributionist policies
pushed in earnest. We're already seeing that with Pelosi-care -- $250k
fine and 5 years in jail for not purchasing the government mandated health
insurance or paying the 2.5% of income fine.

Rob Leatham

[email protected] November 8th 09 12:52 AM

OT Rant

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 17:35:15 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

Yeah, he offers hope if we will only surrender our remaining liberties to
him. He will then take care of all of us. His version of "hope" has never
turned out well for those who have taken that path. His version of
solutions is to offer more of the same government intervention and
interference and meddling that got our country into the financial mess it
now faces.

Hmmmm? Nice attempt to blow smoke but it just doesn't fly when you
consider all the other countries around the world that *have* taken
that path and done quite well. Take Canada for example. Despite it's
problems, (all countries have them you know) we have a distinctly more
stable banking system than you do. It's better now and history has
proven it more efficient in the past.

How do you explain this? Next you'll be telling me that our success is
a direct result of the great and wonderful US of A coddling it's
largest trading partner and next door neighbour.

Go ahead, I know you're itching to say it so you might as well get it
off your chest before you explode. And then of course, I'll respond
with the fact that the citizens of the USA are the most arrogant in
the world and then we'll see the sparks fly. :)

LDosser November 8th 09 01:12 AM

OT Rant

wrote:

So far all we've seen is same old, same old and an empty suit waving in
the
wind ...

"So far" as you label it has been a relatively short time. Considering
the mountain of grief that the US financial industry is in, it always
surprises me when people still expect instant results and instant
gratification. A whole lot of people are going to get a sudden
education course in reality and eye opening as time marches on.
There's just too many people who are 'have nots' to allow the money
mongerers to continue as they have. Your most hated term 'socialism'
is going to come home to roost in one form or another.

Consider what's about to come as the US equivalent of the French
Revolution.

It'll go the other way if it comes to socialism and revolution.

[email protected] November 8th 09 01:31 AM

OT Rant

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 17:12:52 -0800, "LDosser"
wrote:

It'll go the other way if it comes to socialism and revolution.

What's that? The government using US military might to quell all local
uprising? Terrifying thought if that's what you mean.

[email protected] November 8th 09 01:40 AM

OT Rant

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 17:14:05 -0800, "LDosser"
wrote:

Hmmmm? Nice attempt to blow smoke but it just doesn't fly when you
consider all the other countries around the world that *have* taken
that path and done quite well. Take Canada

We just might ...

Yup, but it would have to happen very subtly. All Canadian born
citizens have considered that possibility at one time or another and
I'm sure there are a number of catalysts (water, oil, etc) to cause
exactly that to happen. However, despite the US being the world's only
existing superpower, I wonder how well it would eventually fare if the
rest of the world was arrayed against it.

Morris Dovey November 8th 09 01:58 AM

OT Rant

LDosser wrote:
wrote in message

Hmmmm? Nice attempt to blow smoke but it just doesn't fly when you
consider all the other countries around the world that *have* taken
that path and done quite well. Take Canada

We just might ...

(Why did the line "Bring me a shrubbery" come to mind?)

If we took Greenland first, we'd have 'em surrounded...

....sorta. :-))

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Mark & Juanita November 8th 09 02:05 AM

OT Rant

wrote:

Yeah, he offers hope if we will only surrender our remaining liberties
him. He will then take care of all of us. His version of "hope" has never
turned out well for those who have taken that path. His version of
solutions is to offer more of the same government intervention and
interference and meddling that got our country into the financial mess it
now faces.

Hmmmm? Nice attempt to blow smoke but it just doesn't fly when you
consider all the other countries around the world that *have* taken
that path and done quite well. Take Canada for example. Despite it's
problems, (all countries have them you know) we have a distinctly more
stable banking system than you do. It's better now and history has
proven it more efficient in the past.

So your country has regulations that dictate banks must make home loans to
people with no chance of paying them back and providing a federal backing
for those loans? You have already adopted policies to destroy any industry
you have through cap and trade policies?

How do you explain this? Next you'll be telling me that our success is
a direct result of the great and wonderful US of A coddling it's
largest trading partner and next door neighbour.

Go ahead, I know you're itching to say it so you might as well get it
off your chest before you explode. And then of course, I'll respond
with the fact that the citizens of the USA are the most arrogant in
the world and then we'll see the sparks fly. :)

You sir, are an ass. The above is not even worthy of comment. ... and
you say *we* are arrogant.

Rob Leatham

Ed Pawlowski November 8th 09 02:07 AM

OT Rant

wrote in message

Possibly so, but whether you want to admit it or not, he also offers
hope and that's pretty powerful. And maybe, just maybe, he'll fulfill
some of that hope. All those running against him were offering was
same old, same old bull**** without promise of anything new or
different.

He's done nothing different so far. Secret meeting with coal execs, cronies
in the White House, and on and on.
Wait, he did something different. He planted a vegetable garden.

Robatoy[_2_] November 8th 09 02:19 AM

OT Rant

On Nov 7, 9:09*pm, Mark & Juanita wrote:

*You can't back up with facts, so you attack personality.

If you had one.

[email protected] November 8th 09 02:28 AM

OT Rant

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 19:58:13 -0600, Morris Dovey
wrote:

If we took Greenland first, we'd have 'em surrounded...

...sorta. :-))

Yeah, but if you took Greenland we'd know right away because
importation of those reindeer steaks would stop. And, once we knew,
we'd stop shipping you back bacon and the rest of your population
would rebel at being cut off and the invasion would stop dead in its
tracks.

:)

[email protected] November 8th 09 02:38 AM

OT Rant

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 19:05:55 -0700, Mark & Juanita
with the fact that the citizens of the USA are the most arrogant in
the world and then we'll see the sparks fly. :)

You sir, are an ass. The above is not even worthy of comment. ... and
you say *we* are arrogant.

Well! I'm insulted! Thought we were having a slightly serious, comedic
discussion and you had to go and ruin it by throwing down some serious
insults.

The truth hurts doesn't it? Either that or you're belying your
reputation for arrogance with a bout of seriously fragile ego. If the
ego part is your problem, then your arrogance reputation isn't going
to do you much good.

I can call my best friend an asshole on occasion and he'll respond by
punishing me properly. I call some vaguely nameless online person like
you as being arrogant and you have a hissy fit. Guess we'll never
reach the friendly stage.

[email protected] November 8th 09 02:43 AM

OT Rant

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 21:07:54 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

He's done nothing different so far. Secret meeting with coal execs, cronies
in the White House, and on and on.
Wait, he did something different. He planted a vegetable garden.

Ok, but you've got to admit, in the political spectrum, especially as
president, those things are a mandatory job requirement for survival.
Even in our penny ante Canadian political environment, things like
that are part and parcel of the job. Not saying it's right, just that
it's the way it is.

[email protected] November 8th 09 02:52 AM

OT Rant

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 19:09:44 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

It's always amusing and almost a truism that people from your political
persuasion cannot carry on political debate without resorting to ad hominem
attacks. You can't back up with facts, so you attack personality.

Go ahead and have your last shot

Ok, since you insist. Fact is that I have backed up my comments with
just as many valid and provable facts as you have. Obviously my tongue
in cheek comments have worn you down to the point that you can't
continue. Not at all surprising considering how weak your discussion
ability is when you are directly challenged by someone not afraid of
your bravado and bull****.

You have a good night now. Sometime in the future I'll be sure to
irritate you this much again. It's sad though, that I'm having some
fun with all of this and you're ending it with a temper tantrum. C'est
la vie.

Robatoy[_2_] November 8th 09 02:52 AM

OT Rant

wrote:

*Yeah, he offers hope if we will only surrender our remaining liberties
him. He will then take care of all of us. *His version of "hope" has never
turned out well for those who have taken that path. *His version of
solutions is to offer more of the same government intervention and
interference and meddling that got our country into the financial mess it
now faces.

Hmmmm? Nice attempt to blow smoke but it just doesn't fly when you
consider all the other countries around the world that *have* taken
that path and done quite well. Take Canada

We just might ...

We are 20 times the size of Iraq. You'll never find any of us...LOL
Besides, you'll ruin yourselves from within long before that happens.

Also... The Meek shall inherit the earth...the meek.. that's us.

Ed Pawlowski November 8th 09 02:54 AM

OT Rant

wrote:

He's done nothing different so far. Secret meeting with coal execs,
cronies
in the White House, and on and on.
Wait, he did something different. He planted a vegetable garden.

Ok, but you've got to admit, in the political spectrum, especially as
president, those things are a mandatory job requirement for survival.
Even in our penny ante Canadian political environment, things like
that are part and parcel of the job. Not saying it's right, just that
it's the way it is.

Sadly, that may be so, but don't hammer the opposing party for doing exactly
what you do. Our political system is in serious need of overhaul, but it
will never happen.

[email protected] November 8th 09 03:14 AM

OT Rant

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 18:31:26 -0800, Larry Jaques
I'd likely say "It probably wasn't him who did it." We cannot spend
our way out of a bloody economic hole, foo.

Probably true, but only up to a point. I say the spending lessens the
sudden pain to a point where it might be considered tolerable. The
downside that I see is that it lengthen the climb out the hole, but I
believe it leaves a number of important things intact to be rebuilt at
the end of the process. Things that might not exist if a sudden
termination of government support actually did happen.

Um, how are your "hope and change" working for you, Uppy?

Hope is working reasonably well for me thank you. It does what it's
supposed to do and allows one to survive another day with mind intact
And please take my word for it, my hope as been challenged very
severely on occasion. Maybe it's my imagination instead that allows me
to survive, but hope and imagination are pretty interchangeable as far
as thinking about my challenges goes. And yes, I'm arrogant enough to
say that I've been challenge more than most.

As for change, it never comes fast enough in those areas that it's
really needed.

J. Clarke November 8th 09 03:38 AM

OT Rant

wrote:

He's done nothing different so far. Secret meeting with coal execs,
cronies
in the White House, and on and on.
Wait, he did something different. He planted a vegetable garden.

Ok, but you've got to admit, in the political spectrum, especially as
president, those things are a mandatory job requirement for survival.
Even in our penny ante Canadian political environment, things like
that are part and parcel of the job. Not saying it's right, just that
it's the way it is.

Sadly, that may be so, but don't hammer the opposing party for doing
exactly what you do. Our political system is in serious need of
overhaul, but it will never happen.

It will eventually. It happened in Rome courtesy of the Visigoths.
Happened in Byzantium courtesy of the Turks.

LDosser November 8th 09 03:45 AM

OT Rant

wrote:

Hmmmm? Nice attempt to blow smoke but it just doesn't fly when you
consider all the other countries around the world that *have* taken
that path and done quite well. Take Canada

We just might ...

Yup, but it would have to happen very subtly. All Canadian born
citizens have considered that possibility at one time or another and
I'm sure there are a number of catalysts (water, oil, etc) to cause
exactly that to happen. However, despite the US being the world's only
existing superpower, I wonder how well it would eventually fare if the
rest of the world was arrayed against it.

The rest of the world wouldn't care.