Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default New uses for solid flooring

Arthur 51 wrote:
Hi.
I purchaed too much 18mm x 130mm t&g lacquered white oak flooring..So I have
an unopened box containing 2.2sq metres. The flooring is a mix grades A and
B.
So mostly B and some grade A. However, in all of the 7 boxes I used there
were
some really beautifil lengths.
I could get a refund...or...I could make some small items of furniture.
Any of you guys done this before?

Well, I've cut up leftover unfinished flooring certainly.

Don't know what you paid for it, but my thought on prefinished w/ that
much unopened would be you can probably buy quite a lot of 1C or better
white oak for the same or less money.

Since I'd think it hard to manage to build anything with it w/o harming
the finish anyway plus having to try to match it, I'd probably take it
back and use the $$ for something else.